Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Keeper returns from the disabled list

Rick C
November 15th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Keeper, fresh from her surgeries and cancer scare, was taken off the disabled list today and joined Abby and me for a walk in one of her favourite places, Chain Lakes.

She's pretty patchy . . . .but happy to be getting healthy.

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0671-edit1.jpg

Nobody here but us chickens . . . . . she's still not super strong, hence this relatively flat excursion.

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0681-edit1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

hazelrunpack
November 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
She's looking pretty hale, despite the patches, Rick :thumbs up And she looks very happy to be back out on the trails! Such a pretty girl :flirt:

How is the chemo affecting her? Is she tolerating it well?

14+kitties
November 15th, 2008, 09:14 PM
:cry: It is so nice to see her out enjoying her walks with you and Abby again. Brought a tear to my eye. Ok, more than one. :o She looks fantastic, bald patches and all. :cloud9:
And of course the photography is absolutely beautiful!

Love4himies
November 15th, 2008, 09:37 PM
She is looking great, Rick :thumbs up and I can tell she is sooo happy to be out and about. Abby must be excited to have her companion back.

Gail P
November 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM
She does look happy. Glad to hear she's getting better. :thumbs up

JM4611
November 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Very nice photos. I really like the way Keeper blends into the grass. Let's hope for a full recovery.

clm
November 16th, 2008, 12:55 AM
She looks beautiful to me, patches and all. Great to see her back trecking around with you.

Cindy

growler~GateKeeper
November 16th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Nice to see Keeper back at it again :) she looks great :thumbs up

Dracko
November 16th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Your dogs go on the most exciting adventures. I never let Dracko see the pictures or he'll feel disadvantaged. ;)

chico2
November 16th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Great to see her looking so good,you had me worried there for a while,maybe she gets cold on her nekked patches?

Winston
November 16th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Your dogs go on the most exciting adventures. I never let Dracko see the pictures or he'll feel disadvantaged. ;)

Dracko how thrue that statement is!! What a life! RickC you should think about putting a book together along with the most amazing photos about the lives of Abby & Keeper and their trekking adventures!

Glad to hear she is on the mend! once again love your pics!

You also posted you have 4 cats? I have only seem pics of your one sweet one Polly right? I am off to check your site again....:thumbs up

Cindy

Dog Dancer
November 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Keeper looks so happy to be back out in the fields. You're such good parents! Hope she copes well with the Chemo.

ancientgirl
November 16th, 2008, 02:13 PM
She looks like she's really enjoying being outside.

Frenchy
November 16th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Its so nice to see Keeper is doing fine :thumbs up what a beautiful golden :lovestruck:

Rick C
November 16th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Keeper with a little ditch running in the fresh snow along our country road today. A two mile round trip to the mailbox and back:

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_08230-edit1.jpg

RickC you should think about putting a book together along with the most amazing photos about the lives of Abby & Keeper and their trekking adventures!

One is mostly done . . . . . but it's been mostly done since last winter. It's just a matter of inspiration and persperation in finishing it off. With winter, I'm inside more. I don't do "inside" too well the other three seasons.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

growler~GateKeeper
November 16th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Keeper looking right at home runnin' in the snow :cloud9:

Chris21711
November 17th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Great news to hear that Keeper is doing so well Rick :thumbs up