Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Flurry and Noah

Gail P
November 15th, 2008, 01:08 PM
And this is the reason they're not usually in the same picture. This is not play fighting, this is Flurry's evil "I hate you Noah" look. :evil:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/EvilFlurry.jpg

hazelrunpack
November 15th, 2008, 03:36 PM
So I take it Flurry gets a bit grumpy when Noah is around? :dog: So what does she have against him? He looks like a friendly boy to me. :D

14+kitties
November 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Mmmm, you keep these guys separated a lot, huh? :D

Gail P
November 15th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I have no idea what Flurry has against Noah, but although he (Flurry) is the aggressor it seems almost like a fear reaction. I don't keep them separate, it never turns into anything much between them no matter how bad it looks. Mostly he just shows teeth and grumbles and Noah ignores him. Flurry knows he's not supposed to go for Noah, so he never outright "attacks" him but sometimes he'll kind of slink around him, darting past and taking a swipe at him as he passes by. If I see him about to do it I call him away and he listens. Trying to correct him doesn't work as well as making him lie down and soothing him, which is what makes it seem like a fear thing. It's almost like he thinks I'm protecting him from Noah. I don't think Noah's ever done anything to him, unless maybe some time Flurry was too rowdy when he was little and Noah gave him too strong of a correction. A friend of mine who has lots of border collies thinks that it's because Noah is different that he brings out this reaction in Flurry. Who knows? :shrug: If any of my dogs get into a tussle all I have to to is sharply say "Enough!" and they break it up and then go back to playing. However any one of them might feel towards another they know that I'm the boss and when I say "Enough!" that it's really enough. The boss has spoken. ;)

Noah is pretty friendly, he doesn't usually start anything with anyone. He is the slowpoke of the bunch though and occasionally will get upset if they bump him when they're whizzing around him. He also is partly blind on his right side and a bit of a clutz so sometimes he gets himself into somebody's way. Couple of times Lightning and him have argued over him being in the way of the frisbee when Lightning was going for it.

growler~GateKeeper
November 15th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Silly boys :dog: Noah is also the only one who is gonna stay bigger than Flurry :laughing:

Does Flurry "take a swipe" at Noah from the right side only? In the picture Flurry is on Noah's right "partially blind" side.

It could also be a pecking order kinda thing if Flurry is always going for the right side. As if he's trying to assert himself as the boss over Noah, who's not ready to back down to Flurry. Flurry is submissive to you (of course cuz you are the boss :D) when you have him lie down & his "soothing/fear reaction" comes about cuz he's not quite sure of himself or mentally ready to be the top dog over anyone yet. Kinda like a teenager who wants to be an adult in adult situations but still isn't quite 'ready or there' yet. Did that make any sense at all? :laughing: :crazy:

Great shot with just Noah's nose in the pic :cloud9:

Gail P
November 16th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Silly boys :dog: Noah is also the only one who is gonna stay bigger than Flurry :laughing:

Does Flurry "take a swipe" at Noah from the right side only? In the picture Flurry is on Noah's right "partially blind" side.

It could also be a pecking order kinda thing if Flurry is always going for the right side. As if he's trying to assert himself as the boss over Noah, who's not ready to back down to Flurry. Flurry is submissive to you (of course cuz you are the boss :D) when you have him lie down & his "soothing/fear reaction" comes about cuz he's not quite sure of himself or mentally ready to be the top dog over anyone yet. Kinda like a teenager who wants to be an adult in adult situations but still isn't quite 'ready or there' yet. Did that make any sense at all? :laughing: :crazy:

Great shot with just Noah's nose in the pic :cloud9:

You know I've never really noticed if it's always from the right. I don't think so but I'll have to pay more attention to that. And what you said did make sense :thumbs up

Frenchy
November 16th, 2008, 05:08 PM
But , but Noah looks so nice :cloud9:

Nelly comes from a puppy mill where there was mostly other great danes. Then she got here where there was only goldens. I took her to a SPCA walk last year where there were lots of great danes and she didn't like one of them :shrug:

And she acts different with other breeds , ok with any golden I bring home to foster but when friends bring their dogs (non goldens) she doesn't act the same.

bendyfoot
November 17th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Ha. That's what we call The SnarlyGrowlyCoyoteFace in our house. Gracie has it down pat. :laughing: