Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Missing teckel - St Henri, Montreal

Xopods
November 12th, 2008, 10:11 PM
My dog's name is Hammett - he's a brown teckel (aka minature dachsund, aka wiener dog). I tied him up for a minute outside the Caisse Populaire on Notre-Dame while I went in to use the ATM, but I had a lot of things on my mind and completely forgot that I had him with me. This was at 4 o'clock today (Wed. Nov 12). At around 6, I thought it was about time for his dinner, and that's when it dawned on me. I rushed back (it's only a block from my apartment), but he was gone.

I hope someone well-intentioned rescued him. Please, if you have him or know who does, contact me at alex at benefactum dot ca or (514) 965-2753.

http://www.benefactum.ca/images/hammett.jpg

We love pets
November 13th, 2008, 10:57 AM
You should place posters, hopefully the person who took him, is someone who passes by that way. Also you should ask the people at the bank or stores where he was tied around. You should also call le berger blanc and other rescue shelters.
Place as many posters around you area even the pole he was tied on.
Good luck.
:fingerscr:pray:

BenMax
November 13th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Contact your animal control for this municipality IMMEDIATELY. Also contact SPCA.

babymomma
November 13th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I know this will be of no help to you. But that was VERY irresponsible of you! VERY VERY irresponsible. Hopefully a great family has takin' the poor guy in, that wont forget about him!...

JennieV
November 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Its beyond me how someone forgets their pet or baby for a few hours. I am constantly checking where my pup is and what he is up to.
Good luck to you in finding Hammett, he is sure a cutie. I hope he is fixed!

diandpat
November 13th, 2008, 09:37 PM
You know, I am not a fan of tying off dogs on posts etc to go into stores...that being said, I suppose if the person "forgot" there must have been many other things on his/her mind OR this was not part of a regular routine.

A few years ago, here in Montreal, there was a couple with an infant who switched duties for the day and it was the husband's responsibilty THAT DAY to drop the child at daycare. Sadly, he forgot, and the child perished in the parked car at the train station. It was the saddest thing I have ever heard :sad: I have much empathy because I have been with a man for 17 years who could have easily made the same mistake and he is one of the sweetest people on earth.

I don't believe there was any ill intent on the part of this poster...only that a very sad incident occurred and they want and need help to find their beloved dog.

Just my :2cents:

pbpatti
November 13th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Please don't judge people. I am, sure that Xopods is upset enough and is kicking her/hiself pretty hard right now.

Here is my :pray: for a safe and quick return of Hammett, I am certain that someone loving and kind took him home and is waiting and looking for you too. pbp

JennieV
November 14th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Upon reflecting and re-reading the post and my response, I must say I must have sounded condescending and judgemental. I really didn't mean to sound that way, so I apologise for that. :sorry: I truly hope that you find your buddy and that he is safe and warm with someone who cares for him in the meanwhile.:pray::pray:

I just wanted to add that while I feel really bad for people, who forget their children or dogs, I still don't understand it. I guess since it never happened to me I can't really relate. Since teen years of my life I have been involved with children and pets and I just dont see how you can forget having your baby with you. I just can't imagine that. :shrug:

Rainy
November 14th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Nobody wants to have this happen to them and I can think of half million things that I can not imagine myself doing.That doesn't mean it will never happen.I go through spurts where the weather is beautiful and my dogs are with me for all my errands.I haven't forgot them anywhere but I did forget to bring them home and took them to work with me.I had to drive right back since I work in a restaurant!:D
I sincerely hope you get your poochie back ASAP .He is a cutie and you obviously make sure he is nice and toasty warm on his walks!:thumbs up

Maxine
November 14th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I live in St.Henri and will keep my eyes and ears open. I hope you find your dog and I really hope you won't forget him again :(

coppperbelle
November 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Have you gone to the SPCA? Dogs are often abandoned this way so if someone saw him sitting there for a while they may have contacted the SPCA,who may have picked him up. Don't get call the SPCA, go there and visit it to make sure your dog isn't there.

Good luck