Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tigger the wonder kitty

Rottielover
November 12th, 2008, 06:27 PM
OMG can you say houdini. This cat will send me to an early grave.
Anyways, for you people who do not know tiggers history of escaping, I will fill you in. 2 summers ago, this cat litterally ripped every screen in my apartment and escaped. After a long, I mean long thought process, for tiggers safety I decided to declaw. I am in an apartment, very close to busy streets. I did not want him killed.
Anyways, he has found a way to do it again, and again.
I had my patio door open a tiny bit last week, I came home, and no tigger in sight, then my neighbor says I have your cat, I was like huh :( Then I noticed the patio door open. Tat time I thought it was me who might have left it unlocked, thanked her and took him home.
Well tonight I came home, and there was tigger, waiting patiently for mommy to come home, outside my apartment building. I freaked, he followed me in, went to the patio, and lone and behold open again.
He has found a way to unlock it :(
So that means no more fresh air in living room, or I crate him during the day.
Not worried at night, he sleeps with me.
Arghhhhhhhh wish I did not have such a smart cat

Winston
November 12th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Rottielover Tigger is gorgeous! we dont see enough of him! I am wondering if your patio doors are like some I have seen where you can place a piece of wood along the track so that the door wont open? Mind you if Tigger can get out that easy people can get in too!! :eek: maybe I just dont trust some people??

Hows Harley and Roxy doing? I hope she enjoyed her gotcha day!

Rottielover
November 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I am not worried about people coming in, everyone around here knows I own 2 rottweilers, and roxy is not so nice with strangers near her place :)
I am really worried about tigger. I will have to see if I can place something by the screen, so it can not open more than an inch if anything.
I am telling you, what a shock to be greated by your kitty outside your apt :(

RolandsMom
November 12th, 2008, 07:22 PM
beautiful kitty!:lovestruck:

Dracko
November 12th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I remember one day when Dracko was young I came home to find him on my front doorstep!!! :eek: He had been in the backyard when my nephew's let him out to go to the bathroom and hadn't asked to come back in so they thought he was amusing himself. Turns out my neighbour was doing some rebuilding of his fence and "accidentally" took some of my posts down. Of course Dracko found the hole and made his way through. That is the one and only time he ever got "out."

With my 5 cats I often worry about the screens in the windows and will close them before going out. Fortunately in the summer they are rarely open as I have central air. I won't leave the patio door open with the screen close if I am not home. I just don't trust them accidentally pulling the screen off. I actually have tape on some of the metal frames for the screens to just give them added security.

Good luck with Tigger. He is a really beautiful cat. Love the orange on his nose. I had no idea you had a cat. Just thought it was 2 rottis. Do you have any pictures of the dogs with Tigger?

Winston
November 12th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Well I have locked Tabitha in the closet I dont know how many times so now I just leave it open...Bomber never really hides in there..But I tell you I also have locked her between the doors...yes between the metal door and the storm door!@! I have never been so horrified to come home and see her stuck between the doors! :eek::eek: She was not hurt at all other than being mad at me! But I could have killed her...she is so small she fit perfect! and now everytime I shut the door I look for her! she could have been hurt so badly....:yell:

Good thing I wasnt gone for very long!

Good point about Harley and Roxy! would make anyone back off!

Dont you have another kitty?

Rottielover
November 12th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I have had tigger going on 3 years in dec11th :) he was Kayla's present, he picked her from day one at a rescue :)
I do have a picture with Harley and tigger, they are best friends

Dracko
November 12th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Well I have locked Tabitha in the closet I dont know how many times so now I just leave it open...Bomber never really hides in there..But I tell you I also have locked her between the doors...yes between the metal door and the storm door!@! I have never been so horrified to come home and see her stuck between the doors! :eek::eek: She was not hurt at all other than being mad at me! But I could have killed her...she is so small she fit perfect! and now everytime I shut the door I look for her! she could have been hurt so badly....:yell:

Good thing I wasnt gone for very long!

Good point about Harley and Roxy! would make anyone back off!

Dont you have another kitty?

OMG! I laughed so hard!!!!

Rotti thanks for the pics of Tigger and the doggies. :lovestruck:

RolandsMom
November 12th, 2008, 08:05 PM
what awesome photos. They are such good friends! :laughing: