Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello

Agility dogs
November 12th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Just found this forum from another dog forum I belong to. I started doing Agility with my Bernese cross dog, Susie, last year and have had her in one trial so far. She did great, I goofed up. I have her entered in a trial next Sunday. I started my little Shih Tzu x Maltese, Remmy, in Agility a couple of months ago. He is just a year old so have to wait till he is 18 months old before I can start trialing him. It is the greatest fun whether you win or lose. Would like to hear from other people who have their dogs in Agility.

Spatx
November 12th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Hi there!

Welcome to the forum :) I have two dogs, an Australian Shepherd (8 years old), and a Border Collie puppy who is 7 months. I do agility for fun with my Aussie, I went to lessons then built my own practice equipment to have fun with in the yard. I'm hoping to maybe do a couple of trials this winter for fun with the AAC. I'd be running him in the veterans starters class, I'm just waiting for the trial registrations to open to finalize any trials we'll be doing this winter.

I'm hoping to train my BC puppy in agility as well, but it will be quite some time before we get into any serious training or competition. I've been doing some basics with her at home - mainly very low jumps and tunnels with her getting used to walking on boards/teeter, and some handling/directional work.

I currently also am doing flyball with both my dogs. My puppy just started classes a few weeks ago, and my Aussie is hopefully going to be running in his first tournament in February. It will be the Veterans teams debut, so :fingerscr all our vets are ready by then!

hazelrunpack
November 12th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Hi, Agility dogs.

Our dogs don't do agility, but sometimes I feel like I'm competing in agility just dodging the dogs walking down the hall. Does that count? :D

Welcome to the board! I hope you have some pictures of Susie and Remmy to share with us! Looking forward to hearing about all the agility trials they participate in :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
November 15th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Hi there! Welcome to the forum!

I don't do agility but I love watching it!

Debbie