Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New - here are some pictures of all of our pets

CaptainOlimar
November 12th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I'm new here, mainly posting on cat health and general cat and dog discussion forums.

Thought I would post some photos of all of our pets.

We are currently fostering 6 now 9 week old kittens and their mom. We are keeping two kittens and the mom. There's a long post at cat health where I've posted a huge amount of kitten pictures. There is our dog, Daisy, sleeping with three kittens. Daisy is about 3 and half years old.

CaptainOlimar
November 12th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Here are Pookie (1.5yrs) and Pebbles (1yr). Then another better shot of Daisy. And a cute shot of Pookie yawning.

CaptainOlimar
November 12th, 2008, 12:48 AM

CaptainOlimar
November 12th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Then there are Piggy (11yrs), Peanut (when she was a baby she's 9 now) and Licky and Speedy44178

CaptainOlimar
November 12th, 2008, 12:53 AM
And finally one of our goats, Sadie, she's 9. We also have a male whether, Billie, I will have to find a picture of him. He's a bit bigger than Sadie, with the same marking.44181

growler~GateKeeper
November 12th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Nice looking fur family you've got there :D

Dracko
November 12th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Very pretty. All of them. Thanks for posting pictures. We all love pictures. :thumbs up

Do you know yet which of the kittens you are keeping? The mother's markings are just lovely.

K9 Love
November 12th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Awww, KITTENS! :D :D

I love puppies, but there's something about the clumsy, yet fluke-full agility kittens have. Such a joy to watch!

What a beautiful blended family you have! :D

rainbow
November 12th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Where do you live that you can have so many beautiful animals? :cloud9:

They are all gorgeous :lovestruck: and I love the kitten pile-up. :D

chico2
November 12th, 2008, 07:19 AM
OMG,I missed the Llamas,the goats and piggies when I first looked at the kittie-pics.
How lucky you are to be able to keep all these critters,love piggies :lovestruck:
The kittens and mama are adorable,glad you are keeping mama,she is beautiful:cat:

14+kitties
November 12th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Nice piggies, llamas and goats. :) The kitties are as cute as can be. :cloud9:

Love4himies
November 12th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Oh you have quite the menagerie, captainolimar :thumbs up. Beautiful family :cloud9: :lovestruck:

BenMax
November 12th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Holy moly! Now that is what I call a happy household...you are living my dream!

My favorite picture is the one of the dog and cats.....such peace!

Keep them coming...

ancientgirl
November 12th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Fantastic pictures! Wow, what a lovely array of furries you have! I love it!

hazelrunpack
November 12th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Love the name Licky for a llama! :laughing:

What a great and varied fur family you have!! :cloud9:

CaptainOlimar
November 12th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Very pretty. All of them. Thanks for posting pictures. We all love pictures. :thumbs up

Do you know yet which of the kittens you are keeping? The mother's markings are just lovely.

Hi, Dracko. We are keeping Spot and Hercules. They are all so precious! Spot and Herc are the most gentle and friendly of the bunch. Sneezy is a terror who likes to scratch and bite and won't be held and is very playful, always jumping and running. Snake is so timid but very sweet, loves to be petted but not held. Dumpy is adorable, loves to be petted and held a bit. He and sneezy are like the terrible two, always knocking something over, plants, you name it. Mittens is extremely friendly when sleepy and wanting pets but her nick name is Razors because she can draw blood in a instant.

They were all terrified (hissy and hiding) at four weeks when we brought them home. I put them and Mama in my office and my son and I spent a lot of time gaining their trust. They are all now very friendly considering, seeking out pets and human attention.

It was reeeeeally hard to decide but after 5 weeks we are finally sure who we will keep. I will miss Snake the most, she's a doll.

CaptainOlimar
November 12th, 2008, 01:03 PM
K9 Love, rainbow, chico2, 14+kitties, Love4himies, BenMax, ancientgirl, hazelrunpack, thank you all. :)

Rainbow we live in the north interior of BC on 10 acres.

ancientgirl
November 12th, 2008, 01:06 PM
10 acres, wow, you are very very lucky.

CaptainOlimar
November 12th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Here are some more pics from Saturday and Monday. I just can't get enough pics of them sleeping. :)

CaptainOlimar
November 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM

CaptainOlimar
November 12th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I hope this is allowed here. PM if you are interested in a kitten. I would love for someone here, who cares and will give him/her a good home, to adopt one if anyone is interested in adding to their family. You would have to adopt from the SPCA here, which I'm sure would be simple enough. I would even deliver the little one within a reasonable distance from here if I could do the trip there and back in a day.

Editing: Or, they will be going to the lower mainland of BC, Vancouver or Victoria, I could find out exactly where they are going.

Frenchy
November 12th, 2008, 08:22 PM
omg I love the pictures of Daisy with the kittens !!! :cloud9: :lovestruck:

You have a beautiful fur family !

RolandsMom
November 12th, 2008, 08:34 PM
oh my!!! so great. what a beautiful family! the piles of kittens are so gorgeous and your doggie is amazing to be so cuddly with them!!! well done you for fostering so many kittens!!!

growler~GateKeeper
November 12th, 2008, 09:28 PM
awwww the kitten pile up on the dog is adorable :lovestruck:

CaptainOlimar
November 13th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Here's another cute one. :)

ancientgirl
November 13th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Awww, how cute, everybody is hugging mommy.:lovestruck:

dogcatharmony
November 13th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Wow what a cute bunch!! And what a mix.....lovely fur family you have

chico2
November 13th, 2008, 03:31 PM
OMG,ALL your pics are priceless,absolutely adorable:lovestruck:
Your pup is amazing with tat bundle of fur,,,I wish I could have a bundle of kittens or even one,would love an orange kitty,but 3 is enough in my house,hubbys orders:laughing:

CaptainOlimar
November 13th, 2008, 07:18 PM
You guys are great! :highfive:

It is so nice to find a place where others appreciate fur babies. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
November 13th, 2008, 07:56 PM
If I didn't have this place, I'd burst! I really don't have anybody else to brag about my gang to. I post stuff on my blog, but it's here where I know my furbabies are appreciated. I'm not made to feel like I'm nuts for loving them and spoiling them as much as I do.:D

growler~GateKeeper
November 14th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Cute kitten pile :lovestruck:

Interesting how there's a grey, an orange, a grey, an orange, a grey, an orange with all the oranges on top :laughing: Did they do that themselves or didya pose them? :laughing:

CaptainOlimar
November 14th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Cute kitten pile :lovestruck:

Interesting how there's a grey, an orange, a grey, an orange, a grey, an orange with all the oranges on top :laughing: Did they do that themselves or didya pose them? :laughing:

I didn't notice that! I didn't pose them, they are nursing in such an odd way with mom sitting up. I get the feeling she just tolerates them, nursing six big babies has to be taxing.

growler~GateKeeper
November 14th, 2008, 12:29 AM
She's trying to give them a hint that it's time they stopped :laughing:, next she'll get up & walk away while they try to nurse. :D

Such cute little ones :cloud9: mum is so purrty too :lovestruck:

torzechowska
November 14th, 2008, 05:56 AM
What a beautiful family! And they all seem to get along so well! :cloud9:

CaptainOlimar
November 14th, 2008, 11:07 AM
She's trying to give them a hint that it's time they stopped :laughing:, next she'll get up & walk away while they try to nurse. :D

Such cute little ones :cloud9: mum is so purrty too :lovestruck:

She does this already! She doesn't let them nurse too much these days.

I have some kitten videos at YouTube as well:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainOlimar

I totally lucked out with the sweetest Mama and cutest babies. I went in to get a kitten on a Saturday. I figured a kitten would get along better with our adult cats and really bond with my son. So, they had a bunch of kittens but then they showed me a mama with six one week old babies (not my Mama). She needed to be fostered because she was really mean to the other cats in her room and they didn't have an individual cage for her and her babies, they were that full. I went home and talked to my husband that day and he agreed to have the mama and her babies here. But, they are closed Sun and Mon so we had to wait until Tues. I went in and the mama and babies had been shipped out to a bigger centre! But, there was another mom and six babies, these one were four weeks old. They had been exposed to another mom and set of babies with coccidia. The SPCA put all of those babies and mom down because they were so sick and no-one could take them to nurse them back to health.

So, we took this Mama and babies. She had a mild case of coccidia and the babies are healthy. I'm convinced though the SPCA would have put them all down they are so afraid of the whole shelter getting the bug. She is a sweetheart! She gets along with the other cats and dog extremely well. One of our cats will hiss and she just sort of glances at them like, 'What is your problem??'. It's been an amazing experience to watch the babies grow and to be able to nurse her back to good health.

growler~GateKeeper
November 15th, 2008, 12:04 AM
great vids kittens are too cute :cloud9: love the face washing one :cloud9:

chico2
November 15th, 2008, 07:40 AM
CO,adorable videos:lovestruck:,especially the wrestling ones,thank's!
The only problem is,I got stuck watching cat-videos for 1/2 hour:laughing: