Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Court date (long overdue)

carey
November 11th, 2008, 04:00 PM
To those who were following the situation between Lorie and PawsRUs a few years ago, the court hearing is in Ottawa on Nov. 13-14 (9am) (It was originally scheduled in the spring, but the plaintiffs failed to show, was subsequently moved to mid-October, but then to two days in November, when the judge decided they would need more time to cross-examine all the witnesses.) To be brief, Lorie is being sued for defamation and loss of contracts for PawsRUs (located near Shawville, QUebec) when she posted information about this place on this forum in 2004 and called them a puppy mill. She is countersuing for vet and lawyers costs. We are sincerely hoping for a positive outcome, as it could be a precedent-setting case. Although there is not much space in the court room, it would be a big boost for Lorie if anyone can show up to lend their support.

Frenchy
November 11th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I would loooove to be there for Lorie , unfortunately, it's too far and I can't miss work. But I will be thinking about her :fingerscr this has been dragging for so long , there has to be a happy ending for her and all the other pet owners who got such bad experiences with those horrible people. :frustrated:

you go Lorie !!! :thumbs up :fingerscr

luckypenny
November 11th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Praying the court finds in favor of the dogs :fingerscr.

carey
November 15th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Because there was not enough time to interview all the witnesses, the court hearing between PawsRUs and Lorie is continuing on December 16-17. Both sides have several witnesses and the judge is allowing everyone to speak at length. This could be a precedent-setting case.

Frenchy
November 16th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Again the wait :sad:

coppperbelle
November 16th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Unbelievable, will this ever end for Lorie.