Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

OMG!!! What do you think of this dog?!!

babymomma
November 11th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Okay so:D It took me 15 years to get ONE dog. My mom came home last night and told me she filled out an appliation to adopt this dog (LINK BELOW) .. I cant beleive it! mom went to the spca to make a donation and tottally fell in love with this little guy:cloud9: I havent met him yet. They have alot of other apllicants for this guy so we may not get him, but we do have a shot at it!! ME=EXCITED.. Trying not to get my hopes up too much!!
This is the spca that we were turned down by, but another lady, that seems to be much nicer and happier is running it now:)
His name is chance :D You will have to scrool down the page a little to see :)

http://www.envision.ca/members/templates/template7.asp?ID=5589

BenMax
November 11th, 2008, 11:23 AM
He is absolutely delightful. He looks like one fiesty little guy. Best of luck to your mom...:fingerscr

babymomma
November 11th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks Benmax.. I really think Keely would love a playmate. And hes a bit bigger then her so it is perfect (She can get a little rough sometimes) .. When i move out i will be taking keely with me, but this guy will be more my moms dog so i cant take him, which will kill me. But i plan on getting a GSD when i get settled down myself so maybe that will lift keelys spirits! OMG, Im thinking waaay too far ahead! lol:crazy:

BenMax
November 11th, 2008, 11:28 AM
If the application is approved, can you bring your baby with you to ensure that they get along? Since your mom and you will visit obviously when you move out - it would be great if your dogs could be compatible. I wish I had done this with my dog, as I cannot take her along for visits to mom's house.

babymomma
November 11th, 2008, 11:33 AM
If the application is approved, can you bring your baby with you to ensure that they get along? Since your mom and you will visit obviously when you move out - it would be great if your dogs could be compatible. I wish I had done this with my dog, as I cannot take her along for visits to mom's house.

yea.. Im 15 so i wont be moving out for a while yet.lol.. so the 2 dogs will be living to together for 3 years. I will bring her along before adoption anyways to se if they are a match(it is required because they dont want a dog to be adopted out and then returned a short time later because the dogs dont get along) ..I posted about when i move out because everything is running through my mind a mile a minute, and then that thought started to worry me (The one about tearing the 2 dogs apart in three years time) lol

BenMax
November 11th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Well you write extraordinarily well for 15! So you have a ways to go. Sit back and see what mom does. You can work out all the logistics for some time yet when you move out and what you are going to do in regards to the dogs.

Keep us updated on the results!

mollywog
November 11th, 2008, 01:00 PM
aww looking at that page breaks my heart... so many special pets in need of homes. Chance looks like SUCH a cutie! :cloud9: best of luck with the adoption!

ancientgirl
November 11th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah, it was pretty sad looking down that page at all those dogs needing homes. Chance looks like a bigger version of Keely.:D

Good luck!

babymomma
November 11th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks guys! I know, it breaks my heart to see them all. Did you see the little boy named sprocket!? Hes gone through so much, but hes adopted! yay!! :thumbs up

And the 10-12 year iold taht delivered 5 Puppies! :eek: poor thing :sad:

MommaKat
November 11th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Chance is so handsome :lovestruck: I hope you get him :fingerscr

Frenchy
November 11th, 2008, 10:29 PM
And the 10-12 year iold taht delivered 5 Puppies! :eek: poor thing :sad:

omg :sad: that is a dog that I would adopt ! I hope she finds a family just for her :goodvibes:

Chance is too cute , I hope you get to adopt him !!! :goodvibes: :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
November 12th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I can't download the pics on the site....just the text...surprise surprise :rolleyes: :D but I hope Keely gets a brother to keep her company! :goodvibes: Good luck!!

RolandsMom
November 12th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Way way way too freaking gorgeous! I hope you get him!!!!:fingerscr

rainbow
November 12th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Good luck babymomma :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Chance would make a great playmate for Keely. :cloud9:

duttypaws
November 12th, 2008, 07:15 AM
awww hes a doll..

look at sprocket... just like the Fraggle Rock one!!!! :lovestruck:

babymomma
November 12th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Frenchy- The 10-12 year od girl has a home lined up for her.Her foster family will be formaly adopting her when her pups find good homes :)

Thanks a bunch guys for the good lucks! We should know by later this evening :fingerscr

Hazel- Heres Chance, maybe it will work here?!

babymomma
November 12th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Also, I think if we get him ,I would feel alot better about myself. I feel VERY guilty for buying a dog instead of adopting. But The family thought it would be best if we got a dog and we knew what we were getting into in terms of breed specifics. And besides my mom wanted a Very light shedding dog (I havent seen a hair around yet from keely, the only time her hair comes out is in her brush after we've brushed her)

Spatx
November 12th, 2008, 02:05 PM
He's adorable! Keeping my :fingerscr that it will work out! Having two dogs is a lot of fun, I really enjoy just watching the interaction my two have. They are -so- much better than TV! :laughing:

Hope you get some good news tonight and that the two of them will hit it off well together :cloud9:

babymomma
November 12th, 2008, 08:08 PM
*sigh* NO puppers for us:sad: Im so disapointed, i dont even know why i made a thread about it before iknew for sure! :wall::wall: The lady at the rescue said that we would be next in line for him if another family didnt get aproved first (They passed in a Application a week ago) And Apparently we were pretty well even, but she treats it as a first come , first serve kinda thing in cases like this where there are a bunch of great homes. Im sad. Very sad. Mom described him to me so perfectly. He would have been perfect. HIs energy level, his personality, his size, everything about him fit in with keely and our family!! :sad: Around here its hard to find the "perfect dog", Because We dont have a whole lot of animals in rescue around here (THANK GOD!) And There isnt so much variety, therefore, its hard to find one that matches you(Trust me, we have been there before)

Anyway, I had to give you all the update. I feel like crap!

Hes not ready to go to his new home yet, But will be within the next 1-2 weeks (Not sure wy that is though :confused:)

Frenchy
November 12th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Frenchy- The 10-12 year od girl has a home lined up for her.Her foster family will be formaly adopting her when her pups find good homes :)

That is great !! :thumbs up

Around here its hard to find the "perfect dog", Because We dont have a whole lot of animals in rescue around here

I'm so sorry you won't get him but , one day , your family will find the perfect friend for Keely :goodvibes:

rainbow
November 12th, 2008, 11:48 PM
babymomma, I'm sorry that you didn't get to adopt Chance. :grouphug:

But, since there are always so many dogs/puppies dropped off in shelters, then there will be other "perfect matches" for Keely that will be waiting for you to rescue. :thumbs up :angel:

And, I am so happy to hear that the 10-12 year old momma got adopted. :highfive:

Kai'smom
November 13th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Sorry babymomma - i know you are really disappointed. :cry: Chance was a stunning dog. Everything for a reason. There is another dog out there I am sure that is the perfect fit for your family and you will find each other one day.
Just looking at that website is overwhelming and brings tears to your eyes. Molly's pups - OMG!!! So boooooootiful :cloud9:
And just for the record.... You are a very mature, astute young lady :thumbs up

Love4himies
November 13th, 2008, 07:31 AM
:grouphug: to you babymomma, I always say if it is meant to be, then it will happen. There are so many dogs out there that need a loving home, that you and your mom will come across another one. Who knows, this "other one" may be even a better match.