Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wanna play, Lil Belle?

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2008, 09:25 PM
"Hey, Princess Lil Belle," yowled Esquire Brier, "do you wanna play?"

"Do I have a choice, Bratty Brier?"
"Not really," laughed the Esquire.

Princess Lil Belle sighed and readied herself for battle.

"Okay, Pack! Bring it on!"

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Amazing Grace and Ms Macie landed the first scruffings...
...but Lil Belle gathered herself for a leap and went after the troublemaker, Brier, himself...
...as Grace landed another scruffing from behind!

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2008, 09:34 PM
The battle swelled as the rest of the Pack leapt gleefully into the fray!

They ran to the right!

They ran to the left!

Lil Belle ran behind the LP tank
but there was no hiding from Esquire Brier.

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2008, 09:40 PM
"Hey! Did you just hear Mom calling us to go in?" barked Lil Belle as she tried to make a break for the deck.
"NO!" laughed the Pack as they cut her off at the gate.
"You can't fool US, Lil Belle!"

Lil Belle gave another deep sigh.

"Okay, then. I give up!"
"She gives! She gives!" yodeled the Pack.

"And I'm too tired to play anymore," panted Princess Lil Belle.

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2008, 09:46 PM
"Time for naps!" called the Hazel Run Mama.

As the rest of the Pack settled in front of the French Door,
Princess Lil Belle settled on her favorite bed in the corner.
"It's good to have friends to play with," she sighed, "even if they ARE pests!"

The End

Diamondsmum
November 10th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Awwwwwwwwww Princess you can come here & can torment Diamond & the kittys :cloud9:

& not be bothered by the rest of the pack.

I will love you & give you toys & treats etc etc :lovestruck:

tho might miss HRM (Dont worry we can send Pics) :D

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM
:D Lil Belle would miss her Pack. And the Pack would miss their tomboy. She's the Pack's honorary 4th boy, y'know! :laughing: She's always asking for trouble and biting off more than she's willing to chew! :dog:

rainbow
November 10th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Cute story and it must be so much fun watching them play. :cloud9:

Nothing like having 8 dogs to tire themselves out. :D

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2008, 11:19 PM
It's their 'self-exercise program'. They're thinking about patenting their methods and putting out a 'get in shape' DVD. :D

rainbow
November 10th, 2008, 11:23 PM
LOL....just don't make it Richard Simmons style. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2008, 11:28 PM
:laughing: oh. my. dawg! The images! :laugh:

Okay, rainbow, I promise! No Richard Simmons style! :laughing:

rainbow
November 10th, 2008, 11:30 PM
He sure made alot of bucks doing what he did though. :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
November 11th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Awww My purrty Lil Belle was popular today :cloud9: :lovestruck: :laughing:

Great story :thumbs up, I see Gracie is following in Brier's footsteps of pesty-ness :laughing: she always seems to be right in the thick of it :laughing::pawprint:

babymomma
November 11th, 2008, 07:52 AM
And yet again, another amazing story!!.. You know, Evrytime i go to my uncles house with his setters, i think of yoyu the whole time im there! I was there last night. But the only one there was Nipper. Shes a buatiful setter. If i had my camera i woul've taken pictures for you! My uncle packed up the rest of the dogs and is gone to alberta for a month! Hunting! :sad:

hazelrunpack
November 11th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Awww My purrty Lil Belle was popular today :cloud9: :lovestruck: :laughing:

Great story :thumbs up, I see Gracie is following in Brier's footsteps of pesty-ness :laughing: she always seems to be right in the thick of it :laughing::pawprint:

Belle is always popular. She's such a tomboy! She's our honorary boy... :laughing:

babymomma, I'd love to see pics of your uncle's setters when they get back from their hunting trip. :D Does he have field or classic setters?

babymomma
November 11th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Haha, to be honest, im not sure ..lol.. I didnt know there was a differance :shrug: If i had to guess, id say classic.. ive never heard him say before!

hazelrunpack
November 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Are they smaller than 50 pounds and fast as lightning? :D Then they're probably field setters...bred to be fast and far-ranging. Ours are sort of a cross between the old Ryman-type (bigger, slower, still good hunters) and the field-type...some call them 'Classic'. :thumbs up Then there are the bench setters--those are the pretty show dogs. :cloud9: I like them all.

TeriM
November 11th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Belle always seems to be a "popular girl" :rolleyes: and little miss Grace cracks me up :laughing:. Wonderful pics, I love seeing them have so much fun :cloud9:.

Frenchy
November 11th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Lil Belle must be special , they all want to play with her ! :cloud9:

note to self , to add to the list : used Lil Belle to load the other setters in the van

:whistle:

hazelrunpack
November 11th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Belle is funny. She's always egging the others on, then when they start playing with her, she runs for help from Mommy! :laughing: But she really is a tomboy.

And Grace is just a wild woman! :crazy: She body-blocks Bratty Brier so hard you can hear the thump from across the yard! :eek: Sometimes it makes me wince, but it doesn't seem to bother her. :shrug: She's a tough lil broad... :D

clm
November 12th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Belle is funny. She's always egging the others on, then when they start playing with her, she runs for help from Mommy! :laughing: But she really is a tomboy.

And Grace is just a wild woman! :crazy: She body-blocks Bratty Brier so hard you can hear the thump from across the yard! :eek: Sometimes it makes me wince, but it doesn't seem to bother her. :shrug: She's a tough lil broad... :D

:laughing: I love that, runs for help from Mommy. :laughing: They look like perky pups, do setters have high exercise requirements Hazel? I'm sure the pack is good at tiring each other out, but if someone were to choose to just have one, (I realize they're like potato chips to you and you can't just have one :laughing:), would lots of brisk walks and runs be required? They seem like such nice even tempered dogs, I bet they would make a great family pet.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
November 12th, 2008, 09:03 AM
They do need a fair amount of exercise, Cindy--field setters the most, bench setters the least. They were originally bred to hunt and like all the sporting breeds, have a fair amount of energy as pups. Then they suddenly undergo what we call Sudden Setter Maturity Syndrome and they turn into couch potatoes! :laughing: So far, we've got 5 who have gone through SSMS. But the other three still keep them hopping so keeping them in shape is not a problem. :D

A fenced yard is a boon because it's easier to keep them exercised--mentally and physically. They all loved to chase balls, and we used to put bouquets of feathers in the lower trees for them to sniff out and point. :D We also would tie feathers to the line of a fly rod and 'fly' it around the yard. Eventually, the dogs will snap on point every time the feathers 'land'...fun to watch and great stimulation for them.

We used to have just one setter at a time when we had a small yard in the city...and eventually pushed it to three. Turns out a 50' x 75' fenced backyard is good enough to accommodate one energetic setter puppy...three turned out to be a tad too much for the grass, though! :laughing: We had to totally relandscape when we moved :o and replace a few chewed and broken trees...

babymomma
November 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Nipper is definatly a feild setter. Shes about 40 lbs and can fun like the wind. Not sure bout' the others? Tehy are kinda on the larger side..lol

clm
November 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM
:laughing:SSMS, I like that. :laughing: Do you actually hunt with them or do field trials?

Cindy

hazelrunpack
November 12th, 2008, 11:37 PM
No field trials, but we do upland bird hunt with them. Foot hunting. At least the ones with the desire to do it. Ridge doesn't care for running free in the woods (she does, however, love the vet's office :rolleyes: What can I say? She's weird :D) and Belle has issues with stamina, but the rest of them enjoy getting out in the woods.