Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jazz's muzzle..

katherine93
November 10th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Okay, some of you will remember jazz and his story while others wont. When he was brought to us, his muzzle was VERY Gray. Hes a young black lab (Not even a year old at the time) And his muzzle was just soooo gray! Obviously brought on by the stress of his living conditions.. Well, Its almost compleely black now!! I asked mom if it was normal, she said she hasnt seen it happen before but have heard of it:shrug: Then She started with a bunch of this smarty pants bumbo jumbo that i have no idea what it ment! And when i asked if she could say that again in non vet speak, she said research it if you wanna know (Her answer to everything) So, im going to ask you. Have any of you heard of this or Know anything about it?! Any body experiance it?

BTW- Jazz walks and runs free like a normal dog now. HIs fur has grown back. He looks and acts normal, as if nothing has ever happened to him:D:thumbs up

totallyhip
November 10th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I know that dogs in our rescue have grey hair when their young too. And your right its brought on by stress. Much like humans. I've never heard of it changing back however. But that's amazing :crazy: He must be very happy!

bendyfoot
November 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I'd never heard of grey fur being brought on by stress in dogs...our almost 2-year old Jaida has been getting quite a bit of grey on her otherwise black chin :shrug: We noticed it a few months ago, I think. She's prone to anxiety, but is a pretty content pupper all-round. I (perhaps morbidly) took it to mean that it might be a sign that she's going to age prematurely :sad: