Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Keeper resurgent . . . . .

Rick C
November 10th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Keeper has an appointment this morning to pick up her pill-form chemotherapy treatment, the mildest possible, but she's returning to her former self and is even starting to have some cone-free moments. Here she is mousing yesterday in the tall grass of her home. It will take some months for her hair to grow back:

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_0601--edit2.jpg

Below, Saturday morning, standing on guard at daybreak . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0367-edit1.jpg

. . . . . and it was a very nice daybreak . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0391-edit1.jpg

With Keeper still on the disabled list, Abby and Rick went for a walk out west, crossing suspension bridges . . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0453-edit1.jpg

. . . . . and snowy fields . . . . this is what romance writers would call "a desultory day."

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0411-edit2.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Winston
November 10th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Aww Rick she is is ever so beautiful! Sounds like things are getting better for your gal! Hope Abby is doing well too!

I marvel at your pictures! They are always so amazing to look at! You live in a place some can only dream of! Once again wonderful pictures!

Cindy

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Gorgeous shots as usual, Rick, and Keeper is looking good! :thumbs up I hope the chemo goes well for her!

So is Abby all better now, too...didn't you say she had a bit of a tummy upset?

Rick C
November 10th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Gorgeous shots as usual, Rick, and Keeper is looking good! :thumbs up I hope the chemo goes well for her!

So is Abby all better now, too...didn't you say she had a bit of a tummy upset?

I tried to poison Abby with part of a store-bought egg salad sandwich. Fortunately, I was unsuccessful and she was alright in a couple of days.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Chris21711
November 10th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Beauty shots Rick. Keeper is looking good, so happy to hear that things are going well for her :thumbs up

SIL
November 10th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Rick, I'm glad everything is working out ok for Keeper. The pictures are stunnning as usual.:thumbs up
:offtopic: A friend of mine just moved to your neck of the woods...she keeps talking about the foothills and is just about 30 minutes west of Calgary.

Love4himies
November 10th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Glad to hear Keeper is doing so well, she is looking great.

Love the shot of the sunrise on the mountains, of course all your are so beautiful, but this one in particular stands out. :lovestruck:

jessi76
November 10th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I love reading the updates on Keeper, I'm so glad she's doing so well. That first photo is particularly beautiful.

kathryn
November 10th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Where the heck do you live?? Snow on the ground... mountains... okay I'm moving in with you :laughing: (if you don't mind a crowd of 11 kitties coming with :p)

14+kitties
November 10th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Awww, beautiful Keeper even with patchy fur. :cloud9: Has the vet given you an idea of how long she has to do chemo? Poor baby. I sure hope it clears up that cancer. How I hate that word! It even sounds bad.:frustrated:

Glad Abby survived the egg salad.:yuck: Love it but wouldn't chance buying it at a store. You never know how long ago it was made.

Beautiful pics as usual! Lve the sunset one!

Watch out for that Kathryn! It could be interesting her offering to move in. You, your wife, her, the dogs, your kitty, and her 11! Yikes!!!! That would be interesting to say the least!!!! :rolleyes:

Rick C
November 10th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Where the heck do you live?? Snow on the ground... mountains... okay I'm moving in with you :laughing: (if you don't mind a crowd of 11 kitties coming with :p)

We have four cats already so a few more wouldn't matter.

We live about 25 minutes southwest of Calgary, in the foothills of the Rockies. About 10 minutes west of Okotoks if you're googling.

Abby and Keeper's adventures and photoblog are at www.goldentales.ca

A friend of mine just moved to your neck of the woods...she keeps talking about the foothills and is just about 30 minutes west of Calgary.

Cochrane? Canmore?

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

SIL
November 10th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hi Rick...she's not in a big town, she rents a house about 10-15 minutes from Priddis :shrug: I sent her your link...you might be neighbours!!!

Rick C
November 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Hi Rick...she's not in a big town, she rents a house about 10-15 minutes from Priddis :shrug: I sent her your link...you might be neighbours!!!

Priddis is pretty close, about 30 km by road from my house . . . . I could ride my bike there, but it's also about 15 minutes from Calgary so she could be anywhere!!

She might find Darryl Sutter of the Flames hoisting a beer in the pub there. He lives nearby on a ranch.

Abby's pictures above from Saturday are straight west of Priddis and Bragg Creek, in Kananaskis Country.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

kathryn
November 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
We have four cats already so a few more wouldn't matter.

We live about 25 minutes southwest of Calgary, in the foothills of the Rockies. About 10 minutes west of Okotoks if you're googling.

www.goldentales.ca

Driving directions to Okotoks, AB, Canada
2,370 mi about 1 day 15 hours
:eek:

*packs bag anyways* Usually you can click 'walking directions' but it wouldn't even let me do that :laughing:

I like your doggies though... they seem nice :dog: which is alot for me to say.... ROFL :loser:

rainbow
November 10th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Glad to hear that Keeper is doing well :thumbs up

How long will she have to be on her chemo treatment? .....good luck with it. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

The sunrise pic is absolutely stunning. :cloud9:

Rick C
November 10th, 2008, 01:11 PM
The sunrise pic is absolutely stunning. :cloud9:

That's Carol's world every morning, winter or summer, as well as that of Abby & Keeper. Carol is a full-time dog/cat mom and looks after her own elderly mother in Okotoks. But that's the view on the deck every morning and we sit out on the deck year-round. I get to do that on weekend mornings.

Abby, in her yard, on a hoar-frost morning . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0411-edit1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

rainbow
November 10th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Although we live surrounded by mountains we are in the West Kootenay now. I miss the Rockies.......you have a beautiful view. :cloud9:

The last pic is gorgeous but BRRRRRR it looks cold. :eek:

chico2
November 10th, 2008, 05:19 PM
The first pic of Keeper is just beautiful,is there side-effects to these chemo-pills,I hope not,she's been through enough,but looks wonderful:lovestruck:
Your pics,beautiful as always:thumbs up

ancientgirl
November 10th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Keeper will be herself in no time.

Frenchy
November 10th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Keeper doesn't seem to like her cone too much , she looks so : :sad:

Still can't believe the view from your house / deck , paradise !

Rick C
November 10th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Keeper doesn't seem to like her cone too much , she looks so : :sad:

Still can't believe the view from your house / deck , paradise !

Keeper has seen the last of her cone as of today.

Doctors orders!!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

growler~GateKeeper
November 11th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Love the mousing pic of Keeper :lovestruck: she looks just purrfect for a fuzzy hug & kisses on the nose :cloud9:

Awesome daybreak shot :thumbs up

How did Abby do on the suspension bridge? She looks glad to be at the end of it :D

The last shot is :cool:

Abby & Keeper always look so serene, so content :cloud9:

TeriM
November 11th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Woohoo for Keeper :highfive:. I love that first picture of her, she seems to have such a kind soul and that comes through in that picture :lovestruck:.

rainbow
November 12th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Keeper has seen the last of her cone as of today.

Doctors orders!!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

WOO HOO....cone free :thumbs up Then we need to see new pics. :goodvibes:

clm
November 12th, 2008, 06:37 AM
That first pic is amazing. The last pic too. I'm so happy Keeper is doing well. How appropriate that such a wonderful photographer should live in such a beautiful spot.

Cindy