Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

LOST CAT - MILTON - Please help us get him back!

carolynn
November 9th, 2008, 10:14 PM
LOST CAT!!!
5 year old male Ragdoll. He is neutered and microchipped. His name is Tucker. He got out of the house on Wed. Oct.22, 2008. We are very worried about him. We just moved to this area in August and he hasn't been outside of the house before. He is missing from the Thompson Rd and Clark Blvd Area We live in Milton. REWARD is being offered. Thank you.

babymomma
November 9th, 2008, 10:15 PM
hOpe you get your kitty back!

badger
November 9th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Where did you live before? Is it possible he's trying to make his way back there?
The first few days/week of a cat going missing are the most crucial. Generally an indoor cat will not go far because it's too scary but will hide nearby, trying to figure out how to get home. If he is neutered, all the better, no inclination to run after females in heat. Have you put up posters everywhere? Mention the reward, but not the amount.
Don't forget to fax his picture to vets in your area, in case he has been hurt and someone has taken him in. Ask your neighbours to check garages, sheds, etc. in case he is trapped somewhere (this happened to one of my cats). Visit your local shelters to see if he has been picked up (don't just phone, go there).
You have to go out every night after dark, with a flashlight and maybe some of his favourite food, calling and listening. Walk in every-widening circles, maybe a two or three block radius to begin with, and then further. Carry a stash of posters with you, to replace ones that have been ripped down.
Let everyone you meet know he is missing. Be a pest (a polite one).
Put a box on the porch he left from, with an unwashed piece of clothing like a T-shirt, or his blanket if he has one, the odour might bring him in. Also a little kibble just in case.
Advertise in local papers, including the freebies.
Don't give up!

chico2
November 10th, 2008, 06:54 AM
:fingerscr:pray:that you'll find him,he is a beauty:fingerscr
Please let us know,also check any tall trees,he might be stuck afraid to come down.Good Luck!

Love4himies
November 10th, 2008, 06:58 AM
You have gotten some very good adivice so I don't have anything to add.

Good luck and keep us posted!

krdahmer
November 10th, 2008, 09:48 AM
:pray: that you find your kitty soon. You could also rent a humane trap and set it up near where he got out with his favorite food overnight. That is how we caught my friend's indoor cat in the summer. He was just terrified and hiding in their hedges for a few weeks.

NoahGrey
November 10th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Call Oakville Humane Society and fill out a lost report. Also go and check their stray cat rooms.

ACO22

chico2
November 10th, 2008, 03:35 PM
ACO,the cat is lost in Milton,quiet a way from Oakville.
But it never hurts to put a lost-report anyway.

Mat&Murph
November 10th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Ohh we are praying for you. Hopefully you get him back:pray:

Stacer
November 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I live in that area as well (Yates/Thompson), I'll keep my eyes open for him when I'm out walking.

We just moved to Milton in August as well and had a bit of a scare when we lost our indoor-only cat in September. She was only gone 1 day, but the sheer panic I felt when I discovered that she was gone was awful.

I hope you find your cat soon.

Stacer
November 10th, 2008, 03:40 PM

Chico, the Oakville HS takes care of Milton as well. We don't have our own HS here. I think Oakville HS takes care of all of Halton Region.

chico2
November 10th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Oh,I am sorry I did'nt know that:sorry:

NoahGrey
November 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM

I know. And Oakville HS services the town of Milton/Campbellville and part of Rockwood as well. They don't do Halton Hills, Georgetown, Acton, Erin that area.

ACO22