Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's a mystery.........?

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Tinka and Bandit are zoned in on something.........
Now Mittens has joined them.
Oh, Tiny Tim is too...
What could be so interesting??

MommaKat
November 9th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Ooh is it Kitty Mccat? is that the mystery?

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Mmmm, maybe if I s t r e t c h I can get a little bit closer.
Mittens says I can try scaring it away.... My tail is pretty big. :D
What can it be? What can it be?
Oh, it's Sam!!!

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I'm just throwing in the last picture of Teegan (in front) and Jade before I took them to Shawn last week. I think Jade is letting me know what she thinks of leaving. :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Wow!! Mittens really does have a big tail! :eek:

So why were they all upset about Sam? Are they like the Pack? Always inventing drama just for a little excitement? :D

LOL That expression on Jade's face! :laughing: How are she and Teegan doing in their new home? :goodvibes:

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 08:44 PM
You can tell it's getting colder. Sam wants in at night now. It took all of five minutes before most of the kittens were sniffing at her and trying to share her food. Dayle is NOT impressed however. She hid for an hour after Sam came in. Mylee slept through the whole thing but it's old hat for her. She's used to Sammy coming in.

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 08:48 PM
MommaKat - Kitty McCat won't be socializing with these guys for quite a while. Actually, probably never with them. He will be going to the catuary with my other spoiled babies if we can't find his home. :fingerscr He gets to meet a whole other bunch of kitties. :D

Hazel - Sam stays outside all year except for when it starts getting chilly at night. Her choice. She refuses to come in. IF she comes in when it's warm she wants right back out 5 minutes later. :shrug: Don't know why. She's always done it. These kitties have never seen her in the house.

MommaKat
November 9th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Hi Sammy! She's such a sweet looking girl :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Hazel - Sam stays outside all year except for when it starts getting chilly at night. Her choice. She refuses to come in. IF she comes in when it's warm she wants right back out 5 minutes later. :shrug: Don't know why. She's always done it. These kitties have never seen her in the house.

Ah...a hot-blooded girl! :D Ms Macie is our hot-blooded baby, but she does enjoy coming in to snuggle at night. :dog:

The kitties were doing pretty well for never having seen her in the house before! :thumbs up

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Ah...a hot-blooded girl! :D Ms Macie is our hot-blooded baby, but she does enjoy coming in to snuggle at night. :dog:

The kitties were doing pretty well for never having seen her in the house before! :thumbs up

Sam never has. I guess she figures she has to protect us from all the critters roaming around in the summer. :shrug: Coyotes do sometimes get pretty close. That's the only time you hear Sammy bark.

Funny that. They seemed to know she won't hurt them. Bandit of course was doing the obligatory hisses but nothing major. He got his pick of a piece of food later. Sam stood there and watched him take it. :D

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Funny that. They seemed to know she won't hurt them. Bandit of course was doing the obligatory hisses but nothing major. He got his pick of a piece of food later. Sam stood there and watched him take it. :D

She's probably thinking "Where did all these blasted kitties come from! :eek:"

:laughing:

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 09:06 PM
She's probably thinking "Where did all these blasted kitties come from! :eek:"

:laughing:

:laughing::laughing: Maybe but I doubt it. She was in last winter when all of the neutering was started. Not to mention before the catuary was built she was right beside me every time I went into the garage to feed the kitties. That's where I had them until their home got built. Even now she comes with me to feed the kitties over there. She likes to lick out the cans. At her age (13) I figure what the heck! For all she gets it won't hurt her. She is very used to seeing lots of kitties!

rainbow
November 10th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Holey moley......Mittens tail is almost as big as the rest of her. :laughing:

Cute pics :lovestruck: and Ol' Sam is just taking everything in stride. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
November 10th, 2008, 03:15 AM
:laughing: love the stretch pic - is that TT? and Mittens' big poofy tail pic :laughing:

aww Sam :lovestruck: comin' in to hang w/the kitties where it's warm :cloud9: hmmm......think there will be snuggly pics soon? :D

Love4himies
November 10th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Wow, what a tail, Mittens :cloud9:. Funny how kitties are when there is something new in their premises. :laughing:

clm
November 10th, 2008, 06:20 AM
:laughing::laughing: Maybe but I doubt it. She was in last winter when all of the neutering was started. Not to mention before the catuary was built she was right beside me every time I went into the garage to feed the kitties. That's where I had them until their home got built. Even now she comes with me to feed the kitties over there. She likes to lick out the cans. At her age (13) I figure what the heck! For all she gets it won't hurt her. She is very used to seeing lots of kitties!

I don't think I've seen a picture of Sammy before either.....what a sweet face. I love the white muzzles they get as they age.

Cindy

chico2
November 10th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Me too,love an older dogs whitish face,especially since I can sooo relate:laughing:
Maybe Sam will want to stay in this winter,to keep her old bones warm.

Where on earth did Mittens get that beautiful tail,it looks like it was put there by mistake:laughing:
Who is this new kitty,one of Dahmers foundlings???

14+kitties
November 10th, 2008, 07:06 AM
:laughing: love the stretch pic - is that TT? and Mittens' big poofy tail pic :laughing:

Yep, that would be my boy. :cloud9: Tinka and Bandit are almost as big as him now. He is growing but still very small for 7 months.
aww Sam :lovestruck: comin' in to hang w/the kitties where it's warm :cloud9: hmmm......think there will be snuggly pics soon? :D

No snugglies. :sad: I don't think they feel that comfortable!

Me too,love an older dogs whitish face,especially since I can sooo relate:laughing:
Maybe Sam will want to stay in this winter,to keep her old bones warm.

Sam won't stay in during the day unless it is really storming. I tried every other year. The door opens in the morning and she is out like a shot!
Where on earth did Mittens get that beautiful tail,it looks like it was put there by mistake:laughing:
The link below has a picture of Sparta. His tail is HUGE!!!!

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57560&highlight=Sparta+Eve

Who is this new kitty,one of Dahmers foundlings???

Kitty McCat? He is the one that showed up at Dahmers' a couple of weeks ago. He's been here for the last week. Hope to get him to the vet this week. :fingerscr The other one hasn't been back so kr figures he/she was just out for a warm night.

Clm - I have posted pics of Sam before. Just not nearly enough evidently. :D I will get on it. :thumbs up

krdahmer
November 10th, 2008, 09:44 AM
I looooove Sam.... she's the official greeter at 14's! And since the weather has cooled she is a much more enthusiastic greeter too! (pretty spry for an old girl!) :lovestruck:

Glad to see the kitties aren't scared, didn't figure they would be... they're all still so young and curious.

Emailed the rescue yesturday and will call if I don't hear anything by tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get Kitty McCat in by the end of the week! :fingerscr

14+kitties
November 10th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I looooove Sam.... she's the official greeter at 14's! And since the weather has cooled she is a much more enthusiastic greeter too! (pretty spry for an old girl!) :lovestruck:

Yep, she is. Races all over the place looking for cat food. :laughing::laughing:

Glad to see the kitties aren't scared, didn't figure they would be... they're all still so young and curious.

They are! I have a pic of Timmy sneaking up to her back end while she is eating so he could sneak a sniff!

Emailed the rescue yesturday and will call if I don't hear anything by tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get Kitty McCat in by the end of the week! :fingerscr

:thumbs up