Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Buster's Play Date

BusterBoo
November 9th, 2008, 01:43 PM
:D Yea, I think I finally found a solution to get through Buster's anxiety when we go for walks. I have discovered an organized Dog Walk every Sunday morning and this morning was our first time! It was AWESOME! There were about 20 dogs, everything from Great Danes ..... about 5 of them!.... to Yorkies, Whippet, Llasa, and everything in between. Buster was a bit nervous to start but never once barked or lunged at any dog, by the end of the hour walk, he was sitting beside a Great Dane and a Boxer. As was explained to me, Buster felt like one of the "pack" and was not threatened, so it's a great start for him!

They meet at a central location in Ottawa and it is organized through a Dog Store (no....they don't sell dogs, just everything for your pooch). Not sure if I can mention the name of the store etc......so if anyone is in the Ottawa area and wants to join in, let me know and I will send you the info.

Buster is now sound alseep, looking very content. :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Sounds like a great way to get some socialization and exercise! :D Wish we'd had something like that when I was living in Eau Claire.

Frenchy
November 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM
he was sitting beside a Great Dane and a Boxer.

No picture ? :cry:

That's good for Buster and you. Buster gets to meet other dogs and you may gt to meet someone yourself ! :goodvibes:

Love4himies
November 9th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I second the pic request, maybe next week??? :D

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 06:49 PM
How neat!! It's great Buster gets along with all of the dogs. I third the reqest for pics please. :D

BusterBoo
November 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM
:D Yes, pictures next week if the weather is good! I thought about my camera when I was almost in the parking lot of the park! Poor Buster is still sleeping, but he still wants to go for another walk. I think he is looking for the Great Dane and Boxer :laughing:

Frenchy
November 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I think he is looking for the Great Dane and Boxer :laughing:

Of course he's looking for the great dane ! Look how cute he would look with one at home ! :D

ancientgirl
November 9th, 2008, 07:33 PM
How cute, Buster made some new friends!

BusterBoo
November 9th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Of course he's looking for the great dane ! Look how cute he would look with one at home ! :D

omg! I would have to buy another sofa for the dogs!

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 10:12 PM

I'm sorry, :offtopic:. Don't you think it's time you introduce your new friend Frenchy? He is a real cutie pie!! Makes Chloe look pretty big!

ancientgirl
November 10th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Frenchy has a new addition?

Chris21711
November 10th, 2008, 09:45 AM

That is Stitch, Frenchy's new foster AG :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
November 10th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Oy, I'm completely out of the loop here. I obviously missed a post.

Tundra_Queen
November 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
200 dogs? together? How kewl is that? I'm glad Buster had a fun time,,,would of loved to see him beside the Great Dane too! :laughing::laughing:

Debbie

Frenchy
November 10th, 2008, 09:16 PM

That is Stitch, Frenchy's new foster AG :lovestruck:

Oy, I'm completely out of the loop here. I obviously missed a post.

:offtopic: :sorry: I'm fostering for a new rescue. Many rescues don't like the foster families to post their fosters all over the internet. I can post pics here and there , but won't be opening adoption threads for any of my fosters from now on. It's all good , I love this rescue , the lady not only helps dogs , but cats also , oh and even people too !!! :angel:

I will also help when I can with the golden rescue.

joeysmama
November 10th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Frenchy it looks as though you have my Cooper sleeping on your couch !!!:lovestruck: I didn't know your new addition was a shih tzu. I've definitely been busy and missed some happenings !!

Frenchy
November 10th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Frenchy it looks as though you have my Cooper sleeping on your couch !!!:lovestruck: I didn't know your new addition was a shih tzu. I've definitely been busy and missed some happenings !!

:laughing: no no no , not a new addition , he's a foster :laughing: gets me too nervous to have a small dog in the house , I'm afraid to step on him or that the other dogs would. Chloe (37 lbs) is my smallest one and I wouldn't adopt smaller. Even if Stitch is a super cool dog , he has many people interested in adopting him already. Good because I could really get attach to him. :o

joeysmama
November 11th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I love that you think he's a super cool dog. Shih tzu was not on my list of breeds I was interested in. Long story there. (Joey needed rescuing and so did we. That's how my portugese water dog or german shepherd turned into a shih tzu)

But there was a woman who worked for our old vet who had only big dogs and when we were there with Joey she told us that the only small breed she really liked was the shih tzu because "they got the whole dog in there !" :laughing:

People think they're foofie dogs but Cooper thinks he's a big mighty hunter. He doesn't know he's little.

rainbow
November 11th, 2008, 02:31 AM
YAY for Buster fitting in with the pack. :highfive: Looking forward to next weeks's pics. :goodvibes:

BusterBoo
November 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
200 dogs? together? How kewl is that? I'm glad Buster had a fun time,,,would of loved to see him beside the Great Dane too! :laughing::laughing:

Debbie

:D 200 dogs would be awesome, but there were only 20!