Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I know this is a long shot!!!

babymomma
November 9th, 2008, 12:53 PM
HI there guys.. I dont know why im just posting this now, but i had a strange feeling come over me today so i decided to post it. Better late then never :shrug: .. My cousins dog Janie, went missing last february. She was adopted out from the Gander spca. She went missing from her home in Frederickton Newfoundland, and she is dearly missed. Unfortunatly her family has moved back to ontario due to family issues since then but they haven tgiven up hope and my family and I are still searching, althoughm it is indeed a long shot. If anybody here is from newfoundland and have seen this dog (Info and opicture below) please pm me .. I feel its worth a shot to post it, because you never know who will see this:shrug:

Janie-
Age- 9 months when she went missing, over a year old now.
Breed-Beleived to be a lab whippet x
color- Black with White markings on chest and feet.
Unspayed (Ran away the day before her spay appointment:frustrated:)
KInda skittitish.. About 25-30 lbs.
no tags, unmicrochipped.
missed dearly by her family.

mollywog
November 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM
aww in the second pic she looks like Molly
:sad: how sad for your cousins and family.
come home Janie! :candle:

Love4himies
November 9th, 2008, 06:19 PM
You're right, you never who is looking at this site. Hopefully the right person will and your cousin and their dog can be reunited. :goodvibes::fingerscr:pray:

babymomma
November 9th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks guys. It really sucks when a family member goes missing. Espcially one so young! :eek: The unspayed part is what scares me the most though:sad: She might be out there having a litter of puppies every chance she gets. Or what if she is tied up to a old dog house 24/7 with no love or attention, being neglected and abused. Ugh, my heart aches whenevr i even think asbout it:cry:

babymomma
November 9th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Forgot to add. A HUGE, and i mean HUGE reward is being offered!

Mat&Murph
November 10th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I was just wondering, I am From New Brunswick but now living in Ontario. Is it Fredericton NB or frederckton NFL? Just double checking. I still have tons of family and friends back east that might be able to help but it is in New Brunswick

babymomma
November 10th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Frederickton newfoundland ..

Mat&Murph
November 10th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Sorry BabyMomma. was hoping I could help. I could still try and make a couple calls. You never know.

katherine93
November 10th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Hiya.. I am from Newfoundland, and i live an hour away from frederickton. In fact my nan lives there. Ive accually seen the posters on poles about this dog being missing. And On the Gander spca site there is a lost dog thing on the homepage http://www.envision.ca/members/templates/template7.asp?ID=5585 Im posting it because the picture seems to show more of her features.. I will have my nan on the lookout, and myself as well when ivisit.. GOod luck with your search!!

babymomma
November 12th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks katherine93.. Another set of eyes helping us look would be amazing!

babymomma
November 12th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Sorry BabyMomma. was hoping I could help. I could still try and make a couple calls. You never know.

Thanks for the offer! :) it ois greatly appreciated!

babymomma
February 9th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Janie has been missing for 1 year today. But I am NOT giving up, although others inmy family have :sad:

Come home Janie:cry: I miss you.