Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run Grace celebrates her third birthday!

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Amazing Grace looked up from her after breakfast nap and wondered if it was time to go out yet.

"Mom, it's my birthday and I want to go out and start my party!

"Okay, Grace. I guess it's been long enough. C'mon everyone, out you go!"

":eek: What's this?!"

It was snow. Amazing Grace's hind feet don't like to be cold and wet. They dance all over and won't settle down.

Grace was sad. She had really hoped the day would be warm and dry. :sad:

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 01:38 PM
But Grace was not going to let a little snow stop her from celebrating her birthday! A girl isn't 3 every day, you know!

"Follow me!"

Amazing Grace ran over under the trees where there was no snow. But the grass was wet and cold there, too.
And she was alone cuz everyone else was playing in the snow. They seemed to be having fun, but Amazing Grace's paws just weren't enjoying the weather.

"Do you think we could just go back up on the deck and party?"

"Sure, Grace."

Luvmypitgirls
November 8th, 2008, 01:40 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE! I hope you have a wonderful day full of snuggles, cuddles, treats and zoomies!:flirt:

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 01:43 PM
But it was pretty boring up on the deck.

They munched on a few slush balls. They watched for traffic, but there wasn't anything to bark at...

And Grace's feet were still cold.

"Ridge, do you think anyone would mind if we just went in?"
"I don't think so, Grace. It's pretty yucky out here."

"Mom? Can we please go back inside?"

"Sure, Grace. Whatever you want--it's your birthday, after all."

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 01:48 PM
"Grace, go see Daddy. He has something for you from Grandma and Grandpa!"

Grace ran over to the Hazel Run Daddy.

"Here's a card for you, Grace! I'll read it to you!"

"Thank you, Dad!"

Brier came over and nudged Grace's shoulder.

"Sorry it's too wet to play, but Happy Birthday, anyway, Grace!"
"Oh, thank you, Brier," yapped Grace, giving Brier a kiss, too.

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 01:57 PM
"Since it's too wet and cold to play outside," said the Hazel Run Mama, "how about if we stay inside, warm and snug, and listen to a story?"

The Pack loves stories and quickly settled in the comfiest beds they could find. Grace, being the Birthday Girl, settled in Mom's lap. Princess-Queen Cass and Lady (in Waiting) Ridge shared a comfy bed together.

"Once upon a time..." began the HRM, and the story began.

It wound its way through fantasy forests and fantastic fun, through perilous predicaments and peaceful play... And as the tale spun out, the Pack's eyes grew heavy and their heads nodded...

...until they were all fast asleep in their beds.

All except Grace, still snuggling in Mom's lap, listening lazily to the story till it came to its conclusion.

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 02:02 PM
As the HRM came to the last line of the story, Grace jumped off her lap and sat looking up at her.

"Mom, that was a wonderful birthday story! Thank you!"

"You're welcome, dear!"

Happy Birthday, Amazing Grace!

The End

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 02:06 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE! I hope you have a wonderful day full of snuggles, cuddles, treats and zoomies!:flirt:

Thanks, LMP. She's having a pretty good day despite the snow. :dog: They got some after nap wrestling in after their naps, but it was too dark in the house to get good pics. :o

rainbow
November 8th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Happy Birthday Amazing Grace !!!

Auntie Rainbow hates the snow too so she really feels for you. :grouphug: It does look a little wet so hopefully it won't last and you can go out and play later. :fingerscr

That was a wonderful story your mom told you and the pack though.....it sure brought a smile to my face. :D And loved all the pictures that went with it too. :cloud9:

Have a terrific day Gracie. :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 02:41 PM
:dog: Thanks, Auntie rainbow! I'm hoping it will dry up later so we can go out and dig under the oak tree! Ms Macie tells me there are some pretty big holes hiding out there! :goodvibes: (<-----Grace so excited that she's trembling in anticipation :D)

rainbow
November 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Well Auntie Rainbow is sending lots of good wishes for the snow to stop and the ground to dry up so you can have a great birthday digging party. :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

14+kitties
November 8th, 2008, 03:06 PM
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMAZING GRACE!!! Hope you have lots, lots more with Mom and Dad. Mom tells some pretty nifty stories y'know! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Grace barks, ":thankyou:, 14+!"

Oy, we were just out and it's sure not any warmer...or drier! :eek: brrrrrrrrrrr Too cold!

So Grace decided to come in and look at her party pics. :D

breeze
November 8th, 2008, 04:19 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE !!!!!

http://www.smileycons.com/img/birthday/2818.gif

Love4himies
November 8th, 2008, 05:22 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE

Looks like you had a wonderful day, even if there was some snow on the ground.

sugarcatmom
November 8th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Happy Birthday Grace, you gorgeous girl.

http://smilieshq.com/smilies/party0039.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)http://smilieshq.com/smilies/party0037.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

meg4050
November 8th, 2008, 05:28 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE!!!

Peaches had a drink for you :D:cat:

Chris21711
November 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Silky Setters :cloud9: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE and many more to come :highfive:

:offtopic: Hazel seeing to dog collars made me think in "Dog Tags" - hate to be a pest :rolleyes:

rainbow
November 8th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Ummmm.....Rainbow wants to know why Cerberus wasn't invited to the party? :sad:

pitgrrl
November 8th, 2008, 07:35 PM
happy birthday grace!

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 07:43 PM
:thankyou: for all the well wishes. She had a pretty fun day, even if it didn't dry up enough to dig. :D Maybe tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Ummmm.....Rainbow wants to know why Cerberus wasn't invited to the party? :sad:

He was invited, but it was too wet. He took one look outside and decided to sleep in. :laughing:

Chris, check your PM...it was in that play day thread.

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Peaches had a drink for you :D:cat:

She saw that and wanted something, too...but all we had in the house was O'Douls. :D Nothing nearly as good as what Peaches had. :cat: Carbonation tickles her nose, so she decided to pass on the O'Douls... :dog:

ancientgirl
November 8th, 2008, 07:46 PM
happy birthday grace!!!!

Mat&Murph
November 8th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Happy Birthday Grace!!!!!!!:grouphug:
She is beatifull!!! The whole gang is!!! May I ask what breed is that??

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks, AG! :D

They're English Setters, M&M. Grace is a little atypical since she's a lot smaller than the rest of them, but she's a feisty girl and doesn't let it stop her from rushing into the fray. :D Unless her feet get cold and wet! :laughing:

Mat&Murph
November 8th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks Hazel, They are beatiful!!!! I thought Setters like the water?? My grand father had a Irish setter and you couldn't get her out of the water and snow. But she was kindof werid.:lovestruck: Good personality but really goofy

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM
English setters typically don't like water. I've seen a few who love to retrieve things from the water, but they're far and few between. A thin mist will send ours flying for the door. :D About the only water they really take to is the icky black swampy stuff they can find in the woods when we're out with them. They like that Swamp Thing look :rolleyes: I think because it smells so 'good'... :eeew:

They're more tolerant of snow, but Grace's feet don't like being cold and wet, even though the rest of her doesn't mind so much. :laughing:

breeze
November 8th, 2008, 08:11 PM
but Grace's feet don't like being cold and wet, even though the rest of her doesn't mind so much. :laughing:

did she get booties for her birthday?? she needs booties to keep her feet warm and dry:D:D

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 08:15 PM
As much as she doesn't like having her nails done, I'll bet if I tried to put booties on her, she'd resist! Energetically... :rolleyes: But maybe once she realized how nice and warm her booties were, she'd tolerate them.... Hmmmmm....that's worth some thought, breeze! :thumbs up

breeze
November 8th, 2008, 08:17 PM
As much as she doesn't like having her nails done, I'll bet if I tried to put booties on her, she'd resist! Energetically... :rolleyes: But maybe once she realized how nice and warm her booties were, she'd tolerate them.... Hmmmmm....that's worth some thought, breeze! :thumbs up

I heard it takes some getting use to..:shrug: maybe try in the house for a couple of days then a little each time outside..:shrug: I never use them but I know some people swear by them..

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 08:24 PM
We've never had a lot of luck with the booties. The dogs hate them--they keep lifting their feet really far off the ground, hoping the booties will fall off. :D Some of them do okay with them if they're out running in the woods, but around the house they're useless. The dogs just refuse to walk in them.

We do have a pair around the house somewhere and we haven't tried them on Grace, yet. Maybe she'd put up with them.

breeze
November 8th, 2008, 08:27 PM
We've never had a lot of luck with the booties. The dogs hate them--they keep lifting their feet really far off the ground, hoping the booties will fall off. :D Some of them do okay with them if they're out running in the woods, but around the house they're useless. The dogs just refuse to walk in them.

We do have a pair around the house somewhere and we haven't tried them on Grace, yet. Maybe she'd put up with them.

maybe.....:fingerscr it might be worth a try.. if you already have them you got nothing to lose except for maybe a very unhappy grace.. but then you can give her some hugs and treats and she will be happy again..:D:D and tell her breeze made you do it..:laughing:

Frenchy
November 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
happy birthday Grace !!

I can see she had a wonderful day , it was HER special day :cloud9: Can't believe she's already 3 , still looks like a puppy to me :lovestruck:

ohhh those pictures of Cass and Ridge are just too cute :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I can't believe she's already been here more than a year! :eek: Sometimes it seems like just a few months.

She's always such a happy little girl. :cloud9: Her tail always wags when you look at her, and when you walk up to her she squints her eyes, smiles, and rolls over on her back for a belly rub. :lovestruck: And when you cuddle her, she makes these little moany-groany snorty noises :laughing: You can just tell that she thinks she's in seventh heaven!

We just can't fathom how the guy that had her before wasn't just madly head-over-heels in love with her!! :shrug:

Frenchy
November 8th, 2008, 09:38 PM
We just can't fathom how the guy that had her before wasn't just madly head-over-heels in love with her!! :shrug:

I know what you mean :frustrated: but their loss , our gain :thumbs up I'm so glad you "fostered" Grace ! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 09:55 PM
We are, too! :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
November 9th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Happy 3rd Birthday Grace!

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/19.gif

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Aw, :thankyou: auntie growler :angel:

Diamondsmum
November 9th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Awwwww Happy Barkday Grace!!!!!!

Looks like she had a wonderful Day!!!

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2008, 07:56 PM
She's already looking forward to Spring. We had another day of snow and cold today--it never got above freezing. Her feet were not happy! :D

krdahmer
November 10th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Aw Happy Birthday Grace! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks, kr! It finally dried up enough today for Grace to check out the hole that Ms Macie dug for her birthday. :rolleyes: Evidently most of the Pack is checking it out cuz it gets bigger every time I walk over to look at it! :D

luckypenny
November 11th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Amazing Grace!

Hope Mommy rubbed your cold pawsies while you cuddled in her lap for story time :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
November 11th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Amazing Grace!

Hope Mommy rubbed your cold pawsies while you cuddled in her lap for story time :cloud9:.

She tries to stick them under my shirt on my belly :laughing: Luckily, it's not comfy for her, either, so then she curls up the other way and warms them on her own belly! :dog: brrrrrrrrrr