Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat lucky to be alive after falling 17 storeys

Diamondsmum
November 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM
http://yorkregion.com/News/Newmarket/article/84039

Cats somehow always land on their feet.

Earlier this week, a Newmarket cat fell 17 storeys and escaped with minor burises and suffered dental damage.

“This is a very unusual story and a remarkable cat,” said Hugh Coghill, Ontario SPCA Chief Inspector. “In my 30 years of service, I have never heard of a cat falling this far and surviving.”

The cat’s owners moved out of the apartment building and left the lucky feline behind.

The Ontario SPCA is in the process of contacting the owners.

After required dental surgery, the cat is recovering under the care of the Ontario SPCA.

If you have any information on this case, contact the Ontario SPCA Provincial Office at 1-888-668-7722 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

For more information on the Ontario SPCA please visit www.ontariospca.ca

:loser: owners

:pray: kitty

Frenchy
November 8th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Hey ! Chris's daughter will be on the news about this cat , she's one of the rescuers !! :thumbs up

krdahmer
November 8th, 2008, 12:52 PM
:thumbs up For the rescuers! And :pray: & :goodvibes: for that very very lucky kitty.... someone was watching him for sure!

:censored::loser: owners :frustrated:

14+kitties
November 8th, 2008, 01:21 PM
But cats don't always land on their feet. :sad:

That is one "lucky" cat but very unlucky to have been left behind by it's :loser: owners. :frustrated: What were they thinking? That the cat could survive on it's own 17 stories up? :censored::censored::censored:

NoahGrey
November 8th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I hope they find the owners and charge.

Lucky kitty indeed.

ACO22

Chris21711
November 8th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Hey ! Chris's daughter will be on the news about this cat , she's one of the rescuers !! :thumbs up

She was on the news last night. Apparently a shrub broke her fall before she hit the ground :thumbs up:cat:

It will be on Breakfast Television on Monday in TO.

Love4himies
November 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
That is one life used up. If the :loser: owners are found, will they have to pay for the vet bills?

ancientgirl
November 8th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I hope they hold the owners accountable. A-holes!

What a lucky kitty though. I hope she/he gets better soon and finds a great new home.

Mat&Murph
November 8th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I saw this story What a VERY lucky kitty!!!! Didn't know the owners just left it! What a bunch of :censored::censored:. Poor kitty. Glad he was ok!!!