Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vinnie meets Baby-Squirrel..

chico2
November 8th, 2008, 11:49 AM
This little guy was not at all afraid of Vinnie or us,at one point they were nose to nose,then the baby chased Vinnie:laughing:
I wish I'd had the camera then.
But here's what I got...

Don't worry,the baby can eat on his own and right now the fat mama-squirrel is there with him,cats are inside.

chico2
November 8th, 2008, 11:51 AM
A couple of the little guy on his own and hubbys hand feeding him.

krdahmer
November 8th, 2008, 12:59 PM
:eek::eek: That is one brave baby!!!!

So sweet, I love watching them in the fall.... so busy collecting and burying nuts. I always buy extra peanuts and the good bird seed with lots of peanuts too.... and my guys are almost perpetually glued to the back windows watching them work! That guy is too cute.... and taking stuff right from hubby's hand! :lovestruck:

14+kitties
November 8th, 2008, 01:16 PM
:cloud9: Too cute!! Vinnie doesn't seem to be too concerned with the baby. He's more concerned with what's going on somewhere else in that last pic of him.
We don't get squirrels here. Sammy scares them all away. :(

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Poor Vinnie getting chased by a squirrel! :eek: He'll never live it down in the Kitty Kommunity if it gets around...so mum's the word, Vinnie...

ooops! Mom already posted it on the internet! :headslap:

:laughing:

That is one feisty squirrel! Obviously, he knows where to go for the best handouts and the best conversations. :D

chico2
November 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
He is sooo cute,I hope he's safe:fingerscr
Rocky and Chico also checked him out,I think they were put off by the little guys kockiness(oh,oh can I say that:confused::laughing:)

Hubby(who was outside with the cats) called me,said"you got to see this ,Vinnie and a baby-squirrel nose to nose"
I of course was worried,but none of the cats attacked.

Badger,we feed them peanuts, corn on the cob and of course bird-seeds,a little heavy on our budget,now when we are retired,but no way would we stop.
We figured out,we spend more money on animal-food than we do for ourselves,but that's ok,we love them.

Love4himies
November 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Shhhhhhh don't let the other kitties hear about Vinne's "adventure" with the baby squirrel :laughing: :laughing:

Wow that is one brave baby :eek:

rainbow
November 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Great pics, Chico :thumbs up

Yep, that is one brave baby squirrel and ever so cute. :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
November 8th, 2008, 07:41 PM
LOL, Chico, I think if you'd posted pictures of baby squirrel chasing Vinnie, he might have put a contract out on you.:D

What a sweet little squirrel.

chico2
November 9th, 2008, 06:25 AM
I am checking for him this morning,a little worried about cats that might not be as uninterested as mine,or other creatures of the night.:confused:
Hopefully he went to his nest with mama Squirrel.
I was thinking of picking him up,but he can eat even peanuts on his own and is very quick when he scurries up the tree,so I think he's ok:fingerscr
A strange time for Squirrels to have babies..

growler~GateKeeper
November 10th, 2008, 12:38 AM
aww look at that big fluffy tail on him :lovestruck:

Duffy likes to be friends w/squirrels too :D Years ago she was sitting on top of a gate & a squirrel came along right up to her & they sat there for a couple of minutes with noses stretched towards each other about 1/2 inch away. Then the squirrel turned around & went on his way, Duffy just stayed there to watch him go :cat:

chico2
November 10th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Growler,yes,it's strange,my cats will show all kinds of bravado and chase grown Squirrels,but come to a dead stop if the Squirrels stop:laughing:
I think they would not know what to do with a Squirrel,a little different from a mouse.
The baby was here yesterday too,eating most of the day,but now he runs up the tree when the cats are out and he's quick,I think he's safe.
Hubby was ready to take him inside,but I think he's better off outside,hopefully his mom shows him where to sleep.

luckypenny
November 11th, 2008, 09:19 AM
What a good kitty Vinnie is :angel:. Nice pics, chico.

chico2
November 11th, 2008, 10:05 AM
We have TWO babies and I am glad I did not"rescue"the little one,I know where they live,they are way,way up in a tree in Baileys back-yard in a large nest.
I saw mom coming out of there too(i used my binoculars)so the babies are safe:thumbs up

JennieV
November 11th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Soooo cute! a good boy Vinnie is!!!