Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Best Pet Insurance?

faranya
November 8th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I'm about to adopt a rescue kitten, as Gollum needs company. It is a Manx cross - the mom is a tailed stray but this guy is totally tailless. He will have a vet checkup before I take him, of course.

After Gollum's huge battle with various illnesses this year, I would like to invest in pet insurance for this new fellow. Can anyone recommend a good plan and company? I want him to be covered in case of a catastrophic illness (Gollum's cardiomyopathy was complicated by renal and liver failure). Manx tend to have some health issues not common to other breeds, although once they're three to four months old the likelihood is a bit less because Manx syndrome will have revealed itself by then.

Any advice? Thanks.

Brenda

totallyhip
November 8th, 2008, 01:12 PM
We use PetCare Insurance for all our dogs. I don't know if its better than any other types out there but we are very happy with them. There are different plans you can go on for dogs (I'm sure with cats its the same). We are on the MasterCare Plus plan. Just depends on what type of coverage you want.

faranya
November 8th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks! I looked at their site and was impressed by the range of coverage available, and how payments can be used.

I'll certainly give them a close look when the kitty comes to live with me. He won't be ready for a couple weeks yet, as he is too young.