http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/Rotti35/013.jpg

Luvmypitgirls
November 8th, 2008, 04:51 AM
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/Rotti35/039.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/Rotti35/043.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/Rotti35/026.jpg

ancientgirl
November 8th, 2008, 06:18 AM
What a sweetie. He looks small, how big is he? Are the girls taking to him well?

breeze
November 8th, 2008, 07:35 AM
he's so tiny..:cloud9: love his coloring, do you think he will het much bigger??

:cloud9:

chico2
November 8th, 2008, 07:37 AM
He's a cutie,I too was wondering about the puppers??

Luvmypitgirls
November 8th, 2008, 07:38 AM
What a sweetie. He looks small, how big is he? Are the girls taking to him well?

He is rather small, but he's sooo sweet. He loves to snuggle with me and he gives me kisses:cloud9:

The Pitgirls absolutely adore him, especially Abby. I had the bunny and Abby together on the familyroom floor and the bunny snuggled up to her and let Abby give him kisses. Eventually they dozed together for about 15 minutes, but then I had to put the bunny back in it's cage because my cats were looking at it like they were contemplating having it for lunch.

Luvmypitgirls
November 8th, 2008, 07:40 AM
he's so tiny..:cloud9: love his coloring, do you think he will het much bigger??

:cloud9:

I really don't know, right up to a few days ago, other than they like carrots, I knew nothing about rabbits, and I'm still learning. I don't know what kind of rabbit he is. I do know that he's sweet and cuddly and extremely messy!

Toonces
November 8th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Stewie is adorable:lovestruck: does he give any kisses? Our Wilbur was about that size when we got him but now he is huge:laughing:

breeze
November 8th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I really don't know, right up to a few days ago, other than they like carrots, I knew nothing about rabbits, and I'm still learning. I don't know what kind of rabbit he is. I do know that he's sweet and cuddly and extremely messy!

I don't know much about them either..:laughing: but he sure is a cutie..

chico2
November 8th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I would love to see Stewie with Abby,that way we could get an idea how big Stewie is.
A friend of mine had a little Dwarf-Bunny,he was not cuddly or friendly,scared most of the time.
It was Stewies lucky day when you found him:thumbs up

Toonces
November 8th, 2008, 07:48 AM
our bunny loves baby boc choy (just the green part) fresh basil, spinache, celery leaves, brocolli, carrot tops, apples and so many other things its hard to remember tham all, he will also spend hrs playing with paper towel rolls, those tunnels for cats and he loves to get into boxes, also a old phone book is great exercise they love to shread things.

I knew nothing when I got ours either, they sure are alot of fun tho

MommaKat
November 8th, 2008, 11:44 AM
So cute! I love the first pic. His ears are adorable :lovestruck: !

Frenchy
November 8th, 2008, 12:18 PM
He's too cute ! :lovestruck: must had been so cute to see him and Abby together :cloud9:

krdahmer
November 8th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Aw Bunny! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Oh, he's a doll :flirt: Looks like just a baby! :eek: He's very lucky he found your house :cloud9:

rainbow
November 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Awww.....Stewie is too cute. :lovestruck:

And he is so small......I wonder if the vet would be able to tell how old he is? :shrug:

And, pleeeeze........I want pics of him with Abby. :cloud9:

kathryn
November 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
He's a dutch rabbit mixed with an english spot is my best guess :lovestruck: my bunny that just passed away was a dutch rabbit and had the same kind of face as your bun-bun. Good luck with him... if you need any bunny related help let me know.. I'm no pro but I mean my rabbit lasted 10 years at my house.

Love4himies
November 8th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Awwww Stewie is such a cutie pie :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Luvmypitgirls
November 8th, 2008, 10:30 PM
He's a dutch rabbit mixed with an english spot is my best guess :lovestruck: my bunny that just passed away was a dutch rabbit and had the same kind of face as your bun-bun. Good luck with him... if you need any bunny related help let me know.. I'm no pro but I mean my rabbit lasted 10 years at my house.

Kathyrn, I will gratefully accept all and any help you could give me.
Will he get much bigger? do they need special vitamins or supplements, I do feed him high quality food, timothy hay, fruits, fresh vegies, and I bought a bag of special treats that contains raisins and nuts made specially for rabbits.

He does not currently have a sleeping "den" in his cage, I did buy one but he didn't fit in it and the bigger one won't fit in his cage, which is quite big but not enough to accomodate the larger "igloo" as it was called. Does he need a special sleeping den thing or is he ok without it?

Ohh so many questions, but I'll just start with those ones for now.
Thank you and I hope Stewie will live as long as your bun~bun did.

luvsmallfurries
November 13th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Stewie is gorgeous! Here's a pic of my dutch, Shafan in front of her cage which should give you an idea of just how big a small dutch can get - which is to say, not very....Shafan has passed on now but she gave me lots of love and laughter for about 8 years and she was a rescue so I have no idea how old she was when I got her.

Stewie doesn't NEED a sleeping den. Shafan had a half a cardboard box that I tossed some shredded paper and a bit of hay into for bedding and she curled up in there quite happily. She also had a larger cardboard box out in the living room with some holes cut into the sides she could go into if she wanted some quiet time away from the rest of the gang (three cats!). I got them from the farmers market vegetable stores. They are heavy duty and have a lid that slides off from the top for easy cleaning! Bonus: he can chew the devil out of it and they are free to replace!

Diet wise all Stewie really needs is a good selection of fresh veggies and I also tossed down about 1/8 cup of timothy based pellets everyday just to be certain she got a rounded set of vitamins. No other supplements are necessary. Fruit and treats are OK so long as they are used as treats, ie. occasionally. Rabbits are prone to weight gain and fruits and treats are the usual culprit. Stay away from all the packaged 'bunny treats' you find at the pet stores. They aren't necessary - most buns are perfectly happy with a bit of fresh fruit and the packaged stuff is usually coated with extra sugar to make it more 'tasty'.

A good source of info for raising happy, healthy rabbits is the House Rabbit Society, www.rabbit.org. There you will find lists of good fresh veggies to feed and lists of stuff to stay away from or to limit. Also great info on litter box training, socialization, etc.

Stewie is a doll! Love the colouring! Good luck and with a little care from you, he'll be around a long, long, time!

BenMax
November 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Stewie as in rabbit st..... never mind - I am totally twisted.

Gorgeous bunny - you certainly were this little ones angel!

Luvmypitgirls
November 13th, 2008, 05:28 PM
luvsmallfurries, thank you so much for your post, very informative and helpful.
I did buy him bun treats from the pet store, but after reading your post I will dispose of them.

BenMax:Stewie as in rabbit st..... never mind - I am totally twisted.

Yes, yes you are! Lmaooooooooooooo.;)

Chaser
November 13th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Awww....what a sweet bunny! :cloud9: