Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puppies and grain free

zomo
November 6th, 2008, 10:47 PM
:ca: I work in a pet boutique ( no animals ) we sell great food but sometimes I am left scratching my head on what to suggest to owners who are looking for the best food for their puppies. I feed my two boxers Orijen, it is grain free. On the other hand the protein percentage is very high and when there are owners with a large breed puppy I hesitate to offer Orijen. Orijen does have a puppy food. We also have Evo, Instinct, Solid Gold. Your suggestions will be appreciated . Foods with grains Innova Puppy, Prarie, Holistic Select, Oven Baked Tradition.

rainbow
November 6th, 2008, 11:00 PM
As long as the high protein brand is formulated for puppies it is okay to feed. I'm not sure if there are any other brands besides Orijen that offer a puppy formula. I would not hesitate recommending Orijen Puppy to anyone.

There is alot of information on the dogaware website. It is written by Maray Straus who is a contributor to the Whole Dog Journal magazine.

Click on anything that is highlighted for further information....

http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html#commercial

zomo
November 6th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Thank you so much !!!! I really appreciate the quick reply .

zomo
November 6th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks again I have read quite a bit and it is a great article. Happy to say that I will be able suggest Orijen Puppy and they will be making a great choice IMO

rainbow
November 7th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I have been feeding Orijen for close to two years. It is an excellent food and I love the fact that it is manufactured at champion pet foods own facility.

There is another thread that you may find informative. I will do a search for it and post when I find it. :)

rainbow
November 7th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Here it is....

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48372&highlight=high+protein+dog+food

clm
November 7th, 2008, 08:35 PM
My two had Orijen puppy mixed with grain free wet while they were puppies. Great food!

Cindy