Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finally Pictures!!!

Mat&Murph
November 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I have had sooo much trouble getting pics of my boys posted. But I finally figured it out!!!! Many thanks to breeze for trying to help me a couple months ago. Matt is in Blue collar and Murphy is in red collar:pawprint:

aslan
November 6th, 2008, 11:24 AM
:cloud9: oooh there gorgeous, i hope you have a big bed...

Mat&Murph
November 6th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks Aslan..I have 2 huge dog beds that I had to sew together cause they are sooo big and they want to sleep together but it is starting to get to small. I haven't been able to find any other beds that a big enough for them. So I am getting the sewing machine to work again and making my own beds. Lol Hopfully I will make them big enogh. I still have a ways to go for them to grow!! wish me luck:pawprint:

BenMax
November 6th, 2008, 11:34 AM
What BEAUTIES!:lovestruck:

AmericanBullMom
November 6th, 2008, 12:19 PM
:eek: wow! and I though Patrón was a big boy! You have small horses in your house! and TWO of them...
They are gorgeous!

Mat&Murph
November 6th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Hahaha ABM they are like horses!!!! Last time they were weighed, Matt came in at 145 lbs and Murphy was 130 lbs. You should see their leashes. They look like horses leads. :D Thanks for the comments guys on my drool babies:pawprint:

Dog Dancer
November 6th, 2008, 01:41 PM
You know people look at my two 65 lb dogs and go wow you have two big dogs. I'm like, no not really!! You really do!!! I'm so jealous. They're gorgeous, I love them big and drooly. You have to buy them a kingsize bed of their own - well just the mattress.:laughing:

Diamondsmum
November 6th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Awwwww!! what 2 cuties!!!

Big Cuties!!!

14+kitties
November 6th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Oh my,look at those two!!! Sooo cute!!! And big! Good luck on the new bed. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
November 6th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Well, if they're outgrowing their bed, you might have to trade with them! :laughing:

They are so gorgeous, M&M! :flirt: Well worth waiting for the pics! :D

Mat&Murph
November 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Dog Dancer.* I hear what you are saying Lol.. When I got these 2 they were 40 lbs and 3 months old and people couldn't believe they were so young.* I have alot of fun telling people thier age cause they just about fall over.:laughing:* Plus they can't get over how lovable these 2 are.* For some reason some people think that a big dog means a psycho dog.:shrug:* Matt and Murphy just want someone to love them up. The more the better.* Thanks everyone for coming to see them... I think By the time they are done growing I will need 2 King size beds:laughing::pawprint:

rainbow
November 6th, 2008, 04:06 PM
WOW..... :lovestruck: Beautiful Gentle Giants :lovestruck:

That is some big bed you're going to have to make.....how's it coming along? :D

Mat&Murph
November 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I am doing pretty good on the bed.. I like sewing blankets and stuff for the kids so I have alot of left over stuff so I am just getting a patteren set up for it. Luckily I have LOTS of stuffing too:laughing:

Frenchy
November 6th, 2008, 10:27 PM
omg omg 2 english mastiffs :cloud9: but not enough pictures of them :yell: they're gorgeous ! :lovestruck: I think I already showed you this pic , me and a friend's mastiff , I always threaten to dognap him :p I'm hoping to adopt one , one day :goodvibes:

Mat&Murph
November 6th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Aww Frenchy that is the perfect pic of the mastiff personality. Here is a couple more of my boys

ancientgirl
November 7th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I think you're going to just need to get them some huge mattresses! Maybe even futons. Wow, they are big and quite handsome.

Mat&Murph
November 7th, 2008, 10:14 AM
:laughing: Mybe the futon is a good idea. But at least this way I am getting rid of all my leftover fabric. I am trying to judge their size compared to the parents but kindof hard when they are so young. Dad is 34 inches tall at the shoulders and weights 230 lbs. They are just about 8 months old and are 30 inches tall at the shoulders and are getting hefty!! (you should see it when I try and bath them LOL) Mybe we can take a poll to see how big they are going to be :laughing:

Rottielover
November 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM
All I have to say is they are gorgeous. I love them big babies, gentle giants :)

ancientgirl
November 7th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Oh, you can always get futon mattresses and just use your fabric to make them covers to take off and just wash. :D

If your guys are that big and they are only 8 months, I get the feeling they will be daddy's boys.

Dog Dancer
November 7th, 2008, 05:46 PM
So do you have a pool to wash them in?? Or do you plan on just running them through the local car wash??:eek: I'm soooo jealous, I want big big big doggies too.

Toonces
November 7th, 2008, 07:00 PM
ohhhh big smooshy kissable faces:lovestruck: wonder if I can talk hubby into gettin a few to add to our zoo:laughing: they are just stunning!!!

Mat&Murph
November 7th, 2008, 07:41 PM
My Husband actually talked me into these guys. When he first brought up english mastiff I thought he was insane!!!:laughing: But after 3 months of internet and talking to my vet we started looking for a breeder. Then after talking to him for 2 months and me asking every question under the sun I was totaly hooked. I know I drove the man crazy:D I have had these guys now since June and I just love these guys!!!! They are truly a amazing breed!!:lovestruck: I really can't say enough good things about them. I am really glad I did my research on them..as they do have alot of health issues that you have to watch for and if you don't take care of them the right way you will have some big problems and HUGE vet bills. So in short I still drive my breeder crazy as I call him once week to make sure I am doing things right. But I am really paranoid.:D Anyways they are awsome boys and I wouldn't buy a different breed now. Totally Mastiff hooked:laughing::pawprint:

clm
November 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Aren't they beautiful. I love mastiffs. :lovestruck: Always wanted a big dog, unfortunately I have a tiny house. :laughing:

Cindy

MindysMom
November 7th, 2008, 10:00 PM
They are gorgeous.

Love4himies
November 7th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I love the pic of your pup at the kitchen table :laughing:

My ex's parents used to have a mastiff, most gentle giant. I had a tiny kitten who was on the back of the couch (his eye level) and that mastiff was so gentle with my kitten, it was amazing. Ok so the kitten ended up slobbered all over, but not hurt. Charcoal grew up loving this dog :lovestruck:

Mat&Murph
November 8th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Thats Murphy at the table. How he got up there I don't know. I was in the bedroom, came back and there he was. I laught sooooo hard and of course had to grap the camera.:laughing: