Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some pics from my trip (London & Barcelona)

sugarcatmom
November 6th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Hubby took most of these (except, obviously, the ones that he's in).

Starting with London, here are some of The Eye (very cool giant ferris wheel and well worth the $$$):

sugarcatmom
November 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Some shots from inside The Eye (in the first one, that's me in the black hoodie facing the camera:

sugarcatmom
November 6th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Zack (hubby) in the first one in front of London Bridge. Me in the second one on a pedestrian bridge over the Thames. And shopping on Camden High Street.

sugarcatmom
November 6th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Some Barcelona beach action and a narrow street in the El Born area.

sugarcatmom
November 6th, 2008, 10:08 AM
The amazing Sagrada Familia, Antoni Gaudi's church under perpetual construction:

sugarcatmom
November 6th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Stained glass from inside the Sagrada Familia, and 2 other Gaudi buildings.

sugarcatmom
November 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Couple of shots from Gaudi's Park Guell (really fun psychedelic park on a hill) and one of a ferris wheel on top of Tibidabo, overlooking Barcelona. That's it for now.

Chris21711
November 6th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Great pics SCM - making me feel all nostalgic.

The bridge your Hubby is standing in front of is actually Tower Bridge it's close to the Tower of London.

In the pic of you standing on one of the bridges I can see St. Paul's Cathedral in the background.

Gaudi died while he was building the Sacrada familia and when I was living in Barcelona in the early seventies they had construction equipment there then, I don't think they know how to finish it. Did you see any of his apartment buildings while you were there?

More please :D

Chris21711
November 6th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Jumped in while you were still posting pics, the buildings are truly whimsical almost out of a fairy tale. Hubby is from Madrid and there is no love lost between Madrilenos and Catalans but he loves his artwork, I'll show them to him when he gets home this evening. Thanks again for sharing :thumbs up

sugarcatmom
November 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
The bridge your Hubby is standing in front of is actually Tower Bridge it's close to the Tower of London.

Oopy. So many bridges, and I'm bad with names. Anyway, we took a boat trip down the Thames to Greenwich (where we went to the Royal Observatory and straddled 0∘longitude), which was totally interesting but freaking cold. That's where that pic comes from (on the boat, I mean). Zack (DH) was such a trooper, not complaining until afterwards about how freezing the winds were.

How long did you live in London for?

Chris21711
November 6th, 2008, 12:21 PM
How long did you live in London for?

I was born there '46 and lived there permanently until '66 then I travelled and went back and forth until '69 then lived in Spain until '74 when we came here. Except for 6 months in '74 we were in London getting our visas to come here. I met Hubby in the Canary Islands in '72.

Greenwich is in the SE part of London, I was and born and lived not far from there. Actually the first time I saw the Rolling Stones was at the Greenwich Town Hall ( they used to have a dance night once a week then) must have been around '64. Aaaaaaaaaah memories. Seems like you had a great time :thumbs up

14+kitties
November 6th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Nice to see what one of our cat momma gurus looks like. :D
Love the pictures. The architecture is amazing. Not likely to ever see those places so it's nice to have pictures and discriptions of them. :thumbs up

kathryn
November 6th, 2008, 01:07 PM
You went to London without taking me? :sad:

I'll get there someday... hehehehe :D Looks like you had fun. My friend went to Barcelona before. I really have no idea where that is to be honest, but it looks lovely.

rainbow
November 6th, 2008, 01:17 PM
WOW....great pics SCM. :thumbs up

From someone that never gets to travel anywhere :o I really enjoyed them. :lovestruck:

The Sagrada Familia is awesome as is the rest of Gaudi's architecture. :cloud9:

Thank you so much for sharing. :grouphug:

phoozles
November 6th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Great pictures! :thumbs up
Looks like you had a blast, and those buildings are breathtaking!
I don't know if I could have ridden the "Eye" though - I used to be a ferris wheel junkie, but somewhere along the way I developed a nasty fear of heights :o

hazelrunpack
November 6th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Great pics, SCM! I hate to travel so I have to see the world through other people's pictures. :D

Gaudi's bldgs are so unique!! The church looks like it's sculpted out of clay! :eek:

I've never heard of him before. :o I'm culturally deprived, I guess! :D

growler~GateKeeper
November 7th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Awesome pics SCM :thumbs up Looks like it was a wonderful adventure.

Love the fairy tale buildings :D such :cool: architecture

The Eye musta been so much fun - what a view of the city!

TeriM
November 7th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Looks like you had a fabulous trip :highfive:.

Brandykins
November 7th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Lovely pics of London - the Eye is fantastic - the views from the top are really something. Great captures in those piccies. I love London, my 2nd favourite City - next to Glasgow:)

Barcelona is another beautiful city - the buildings are wonderful. Those are really lovely photos.

You all obviously had a whale of a time!!

Take care.