Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

4 Weeks and No Allergies!

AmericanBullMom
November 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I've been documenting Patróns weeks without alleriges! ( I know, I'm a :loser: , But its a big accomplishment for us! )
He's been on the Wellness Core for about 3 months or so, and Off the antibiotics from our last episode of hives and skin infections for about 3weeks. :D:cloud9:
He's almost like a REAL dog! Lol
Here are some pics from this morning before I fed the boys their breakfast. Patrón will be a year old on November 22nd. I just cant believe it...seems like just a few weeks ago I was carrying him around and he slept allllll day.

#1 Make sure you get my good side mom....
#2 I'd really ike my breakfast now...I CAN see it on the counter yanno....
#3 Ok, ONE good one and then...FEED ME.. Cant you see I'm wasting away

Scuba
November 6th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Looks like he is all grown up. I wish Patron all the best with his allergies, I grew up with asthma when I was young so I kind of know what the poor guy is going through. Not only asthma but I was mildly allergic to pretty much anything under the sun and would get hives. Thankfully I haven't had a respiratory issue now for over 15 years now.

I lover bully breeds and Patron is a white one to boot.:cloud9:

AmericanBullMom
November 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks Scuba!

It's tough thats for sure. And this is the longest amount of time we've gone without an epidsode of hives!

Its BECAUSE he's white that we have so many skin issues... But he's my son, and I'll do all thats humanly possible for him.

I'm hoping as he gets older he may grow out of it too! Vet says not to get my hopes up, but its hard not to when we've gone this long without any issues!:fingerscr

Dog Dancer
November 6th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Patron is just so gorgeous. My Lab X had serious poultry allergies for many years, and would break out in a rash on her belly if we ate poultry I swear. She has outgrown it for the most part, although I still don't give her dog food with poultry but she does eat chicken when we do. So you can't ever give up hope! (Halo is 8 now and has been pretty much non-reactive for about a year.)