Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

RANT(about little Bailey)

chico2
November 5th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I know there is not a darn thing I can do about it,but I can rant to you guys:laughing:
For two days now,I've been coming in to the kitchen where Bailey is kept,the kitchen-floor full of poop.
I've cleaned it up,so the kids would not get mad at Bailey when they come home from school.
However,I called the owner at work and the kids are supposed to let her out before they go to school,so probably they haven't:yell:
The defense from the mother is"oh,the kids are sooo in to themselves,they forget about Bailey"!
Well,to me that's just not acceptable,they are big kids,two in highschool and the girl in grade eight.
I also think Bailey needs a check-up,if she was mine,she'd be there yesterday..end of frustrated rant!!

aslan
November 5th, 2008, 03:12 PM
well my friend next time, don't clean it up and don't return bailey home until well after the kids get home from school. having to clean poop up a couple times might refresh their memories to let bailey out.

ancientgirl
November 5th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I can't stand parents who make excuses for their kids irresponsibility.

Poor Bailey. It just sounds like she's always a burden to them.:sad:

rainbow
November 5th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I agree with Aslan.....keep Bailey until the parents get home from work. :thumbs up

chico2
November 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Unfortunately I have nowhere to put her in my house,but I'll figure something out.
She's outside barking right now,so maybe they've been told.

Stacer
November 5th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Poor Bailey, stuck with a dud family. I'm sure she doesn't like pooping on the kitchen floor cause she knows she'll get in trouble but gets to a point that she can't hold it anymore. They're lucky she's doing it in the kitchen and not rooms with carpeting.

chico2
November 5th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Stacer,you are right,she was cowering when we picked her up,even whimpering.
But a treat and some cuddles convinced her we were not mad at her.
In the 3 yrs we have been walking her she's never had accidents,except for when she had eaten 3 lbs of Valentine choclat-hearts,the kids had left within her grasp.
She is closed off in the kitchen with baby-gates,I don't know why,the whole house is a disaster..oh,I better stop complaining does nobody any good:sad:

Love4himies
November 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Oh Chico, I know how hard it is to see a pet treated in a manner that is neglectful :grouphug:. Thank goodness she has you to show her the love and care that she deserves to get.

jiorji
November 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM
awww sad

i disagree though. I don't think you should spite the parents. They could end up giving her away...but then will she be better off that way?? I know you'd miss her Chico

Frenchy
November 5th, 2008, 10:13 PM
..oh,I better stop complaining does nobody any good:sad:

Chico2 , we understand , you have to let it out. It must be hard for you to witness this. :sad:

hazelrunpack
November 6th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Well, even if complaining does no good (except insofar as you can vent to us and feel better :grouphug:), you know that all the love and attention you give Bailey, is making a difference in her life. :thumbs up

chico2
November 6th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Jiorji,you are right,I am ever so careful to be nice and keep my cool with the owners,I do not want them to tell me to stop taking Bailey out,it's the only walk she gets,the kids would never walk her..
We'll see if the kitchen floor is full of poop again today,it was kind of runny too and it was all over the floor.

krdahmer
November 6th, 2008, 11:52 AM
:sad: Poor Bailey! There is a reason they are calling them the ME generation right?...:frustrated: Mainly because the parents haven't told them any different... like the world does not indeed revolve around them.

I understand you tiptoeing around the owners.... I mean without you, how terribly sad would Bailey's days be! That is one lucky dog to have ended up living so close to you! ;)

chico2
November 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM
:thumbs upNo poop today,she pooped 3 times with us.
The kids let her out in the morning and as soon as they got home from school,so I suppose my message did the trick.
My kids had chores to do,they wanted a dog,they took turns walking her,but it's different in Baileys house.
Yes Dahmer,I would have a really hard time,knowing she was in there and I could not take her out,so I behave myself:dog:

14+kitties
November 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Poor Bailey. It's not her fault her owners are losers! She is so lucky to be living next to an :angel: who loves her very very much!! Thank you for that and rant ALL you want!!

babymomma
November 6th, 2008, 05:43 PM
At least bailey is a house dog :sad: The GSD mix that i walk everyday is left outside all day long from 7:30 in the morning to 10:30 at night. Its very sad. I also walk a GSD mixed with a pittie that is left outside 24/7 on A very short chain, nobody EVER does anything with him, the only time he gets attention from his owners is when he gets fed. And thats not that often :sad: ..YOu think her owners would let you be herowners? Sounds to me that they wouldnt mind giving her up;)

mafiaprincess
November 9th, 2008, 12:21 AM
It's awesome she has you hun. She really does have a dud family, but I think you helped get her what she needed, though she could use more compassion and attention then she'll likely ever get from her family.

Tundra_Queen
November 9th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Chico, are u a dog walker or babysitter? I'm trying to understand the situation but am not really clear.

If the kids don't let the dog out, why doesn't the Mom let her out just to make sure the poor dog has had a chance to empty? Can't they put a rope by the door and just clip the dog onto that and have her do her thing in the yard while the mom makes coffee or whatever? That is just cruel!!

I don't understand people who don't take care of their animals. I never have, even as a kid...maybe I'm strange or something.

I hope that they will start taking care of Bailey,,I feel so bad for her. But so grateful that she has u in her life.

Debbie

chico2
November 9th, 2008, 07:38 AM
T-Q,babysitter,oh nooooo:yell:
We decided to take Bailey on our daily walks about 3 yrs ago,after she had been left out in the rain,the kids forgot to let her in and that's what we've been doing since.
We've known Bailey since she was an adorable little pup,she was a gift for the daughter in the family.

Tundra_Queen
November 9th, 2008, 11:18 PM
What a :angel2: you are! I'm so glad that Bailey has you to give her love and company!

Debbie