Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Argh not the time!

duttypaws
November 4th, 2008, 09:59 PM
hi all long time!!

So im flying home in 3 weeks and poppycat decides to start producing lots of ear wax from the ear she was operated on in april for a polyp.

now its not black its more like toffee in colour and consistency (yes detail) so i have been cleaning it and reapplying the drops which are the same colour as the drops... SO im starting to think its either the liquid just solidifying and pushing out OR she has a really bad infection thats going to stop me flying in 3 weeks .... :sad:

im going to call the vet tomorrow ($$$$) ... but she has to fly either way on the 26th.

any advice... could it possible be a super waxy ear?

Love4himies
November 5th, 2008, 07:15 AM
OMG, duttypaws, I was just thinking of you, but thought you had already flown home.

Sorry, don't have any advice, just wanted to say hi.

clm
November 5th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Hopefully it's nothing that's going to cause an issue flying. I'd be checking with the vet to see if there's anything you can do to protect that ear during the flight regardless.

Cindy

duttypaws
November 5th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Hi!! no i have 3 weeks to go!!! so apt is all leased out (thankgod!).... furniture sold... i've also fainted at the rise in flying cats :|

cats crates are out and all ready to go ... their bad behaviour is starting :| .... my friend went you already told them didnt you :shrug:

I decided not to kitty valium we're going for herbal drops instead as I think its a nicer option?

Yes poppy is going to the vet tonight we called heathrow and my family vet (do we call them that?!) and he said 2 weeks is plenty of time to clear up an ear infection ... sadly its been ongoing since April... im hoping its maybe just aftermath damage from a really bad polyp. :frustrated:

wonder if you cat get car earplugs/muffs for flying :lightbulb:?!?! no oh poo... :angel:

Winston
November 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hey there! I was wondering when you would check in! I too thought you had already moved! Shame on you! you must keep in touch more often! How is Lola? its Lola right? good I hope! and sounds like they are in for some fun moving back home! I cant imagine how much its gonna cost you! but well worth it in the long run!

Its worth having the vet give Poppy a quick check especially if it will give him or you trouble during the trip...

Would love to see some new pics when your settled in! :thumbs up

Cindy

meg4050
November 5th, 2008, 05:34 PM
welcome back duttypaws! :)

no advice, but :goodvibes::goodvibes: for you and poppy

Frenchy
November 5th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I thought you moved already too , yes the ear infection has time to clear out before your flight. Good luck , keep us posted ok ?

rainbow
November 5th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I also thought you had left already.

Sorry to hear about Poppy but glad she is going to the vet tonight.....as everyone said there's time to get it cleared up before you leave. :thumbs up

And, please update before you go. :D :fingerscr

duttypaws
November 7th, 2008, 02:08 PM
hey shes on antibiotics for 2 weeks.... should all be clear.

im still not sure about kittyvalium for flying or herbal supplements :| its over 8 hours in a crate!