Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

UGH x 2!!!

krdahmer
November 4th, 2008, 10:39 PM
No sooner did I drop off Kitty McCat to his wonderful new digs at Gerri's....

I went out to take out the garbage and walked out onto our back patio to enjoy some nice mild November, and what do I see peering out at me from behind the wood pile but two big glowy eyes! Unsure if it was kitty or skunk or racoon, I figure I'd call for it.... and lo and behold out strolls the floofiest big black cat I've ever seen! He has to be the size of Buddy, but with long fur! So I go in get some treats and decide to make a new friend, and he is the friendliest little bugger! And did he ever know what treats were, he'd tap my hand for another after each one! Too cute. I imagine he has a home and is just a wanderer, but when I get the collar back from Kitty McCat I'll throw it on this guy just to be sure. When I was petting him though I noticed the fur at his tail was very thin and I could see some dry spots and a couple sores (fleas or bad food I imagine, but just in case I stripped at the door and washed all the way up my arms as not to spread anything here). I'll try and get a pic of this guy if he's around tomorrow. :shrug:

Hubby says some people always find trouble... well me I always find cats... :rolleyes::o

hazelrunpack
November 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM
He sounds like a sweetheart! :lovestruck: I hope he has a home somewhere :sad: It'll be awfully cold soon!

14+kitties
November 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Awww geeezzzz kr!!! Are you trying to fill ALL of my crates??? :laughing:
Darn, why won't people learn? :wall:

I hope he really is a wanderer and not a permanent member. I will get the collar off Kitty McCat tomorrow. He was doing all right when I went back out to check on him. :thumbs up Sleeping soundly.

hazelrunpack
November 4th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Y'know, you guys, the number of cats hanging around your place is directly proportional to the amount of good luck winging your way. :goodvibes: So you're not just cat magnets, you're extremely lucky gals! :thumbs up

krdahmer
November 4th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Now if only these kitties were packing bags of money!!! ;) :laughing: We'd be set!

He seemed in ok condition, and was very very well fed, so I'm pretty positive he's got a home, might have just been out late due to the warm weather. My friend (George's mom)'s dad has a cat like this one so I'll start there and see if it's theirs (can't remember if their's was male or female)... think this one is a male, shook his tail at me like Buddy does (like spraying without the spray).

Oh well I better head to bed, gotta see if I can sneak outta work early tomorrow to go galavanting with Gerri and the kitties! :D

hazelrunpack
November 4th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Oh well I better head to bed, gotta see if I can sneak outta work early tomorrow to go galavanting with Gerri and the kitties! :D

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day. :cloud9: Good luck with Mr Newbie! :goodvibes:

TeriM
November 5th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Hope the big cat already has his home and was just out enjoying the evening :goodvibes:.

growler~GateKeeper
November 5th, 2008, 03:24 AM
think this one is a male, shook his tail at me like Buddy does (like spraying without the spray).

Don't take that as a sign that it's a male......Duffy in her younger years & when she was allowed outside was a sprayer & she does that tail shaking bit inside w/out the spraying :D

Good job on the rescue of Kitty McCat & lookin' out for this one too :angel:

honeybeargirl
November 5th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Give him Treats and he'll be yours for good!

14+kitties
November 5th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Now if only these kitties were packing bags of money!!! ;) :laughing: We'd be set!

He seemed in ok condition, and was very very well fed, so I'm pretty positive he's got a home, might have just been out late due to the warm weather. My friend (George's mom)'s dad has a cat like this one so I'll start there and see if it's theirs (can't remember if their's was male or female)... think this one is a male, shook his tail at me like Buddy does (like spraying without the spray).

Let's hope he really did just get away from his home. :fingerscr

And yep, packing bags of money would be good. :thumbs up More money, better digs for them.

Yay for galavanting!!!! Actually, delivering Teegan and Jade to their new home. Shawn is getting anxious. I talked to my son last night. He said Shawn even went out and bought a huge kittty condo for them!!! They will love it!

Oh, and kr - nice signature change. :D :rolleyes:

chico2
November 5th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Dahmer,I too hope he has a home,he sounds beautiful,like Toonces Rupert.
I'd go bananas if I had so many strays around:evil:
I always look for cats/kittens whenever I'm outside,luckily I don't see any homeless ones,I know where every cat lives:cat:

clm
November 5th, 2008, 08:33 AM
The missing fur and sores on his tail sounds like fleas to me. Be careful or you'll end up with them in your house.
Hopefully he has a home, if not, doesn't sound like it would be too difficult to put some revolution on him. He sounds like a real sweety.

Cindy

ancientgirl
November 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Oy, I just read about Kitty McKat and now you found another kitty. :sad:

Poor guy, probably hungry. He sounds like a cutie.

krdahmer
November 7th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Oh this big black kitty was far from hungry and he knew exactly what treats were too.... kept putting his paw on my hand for another. Haven't seen him since, so highly suspect he was just out for a little mild weather last hoorah. May have well been my friend's dad's cat too, their big black cat is a male. Gets treated for fleas, so could have been poor nutrition causing the thinning fur and dry skin.

Wherever he is, he's welcome back anytime!
+0.:lovestruck:................................... (that was Buddy disagreeing...:rolleyes:) :laughing: My boys get awefully jelous when I sit out with 'other men'. :o:laughing:

ancientgirl
November 7th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Hopefully you're right, and he does have a home. Vlad does that to me too, when I'm giving treats, he paws at my hand for more. Although I'd prefer he not extend his claws while he's at it!:frustrated: