Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gray and white cat lost in Verdun, 6th avenue

Lau
November 4th, 2008, 09:08 PM
My mother lost her cat on Thursday, October 30. He escaped from the apartment into the laneway. My mother didn't realize he was gone until too late. His name is "Smokey", and is a 2 year old neutered male. He is gray and white, and is a taller cat and long. He has his claws, He is really affectionate. He is not an outdoor cat and I am really worried about him at this point. In the photo my mother is holding him and he is rolling in her arms. Posters will be going up in the neighborhood tomorrow. Has anyone seen him?

poodletalk
November 5th, 2008, 12:00 PM
When I drive home at night, I drive through Verdun and Pointe ST.Charles, I will keep my eyes open for him and I will pass on the information to my friends who live in the area.

I hope you find him soon.:fingerscr

Lau
November 5th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Thank you sooo much. My mother has been going out each evening - when it's quiet - and calling his name. The more people know about him, the better!

Lau
November 16th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Well, there were two false alarms for our lost grey cat. I suspect that he is either dead, stuck somewhere, or taken in by a stranger. I don't believe that he would have wandered so far off or would not have responded to my mother calling him for all this time. This has been very difficult and emotionally exhausing. I have posted this eveywhere, in the Verdun paper, websites, called SPCA and Berger Blanc(pound), local vets... My mother is not very mobile but has been out calling him and has taken walks in the neighborhood. I have some time off and will visit her end of month with the intention of helping to look but really, how long can an animal survive without food/water?

Just thought I would give an update in case anyone was wondering.

We love pets
November 16th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Don't give up. I have been feeding stray cats for months at my home. Someone could be feeding it, or maybe he was just picked up. Don't loose faith, just pray that a good hearted person is taking care of it.

Lau
November 16th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks very much. Hopefully we'll get some news shortly - good or bad.