Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

No, my names not Vinnie!

Wendy.H.
November 4th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I was just admiring Chico2's beautiful kitties and wanted to share. This is Big Mama and the rest of the gang. Does Mama remind you of anyone? ;)

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp315/littlelucy2008/042.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp315/littlelucy2008/046-Copy.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp315/littlelucy2008/017-Copy.jpg

Frenchy
November 4th, 2008, 09:40 PM
omg they do , both of them stunning with different eye color "a la David Bowie" :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
November 4th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Beautiful girl, Wendy! :flirt: She really is stunning!

David Bowie has different-colored eyes? :eek:

aslan
November 4th, 2008, 09:46 PM
i love the two colored eyes, they're the opposite to vinnie's .

shhh yup hazel david bowie has the same eyes'

14+kitties
November 4th, 2008, 09:59 PM
They could be twins! Does your other white one have the same colour eyes or are they different? How cute they are!!

hazelrunpack
November 4th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Is that fairly common in white cats? The two different eye colors? Didn't onster's stray Persian also have one amber, one blue eye?

It certainly is striking! :lovestruck:

Wendy.H.
November 4th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks all! Frenchy, I'm with hazelrunpack, I didn't know David Bowie has to different coloured eyes. I've just learned something new. :) Aslan, I love her eyes too and noticed they are opposite Vinnies. Unfortunatly its hard to get a nice picture of her eyes because she squints alot or just closes them when I try. These pics took a while to get. Vinnie looks like he likes to get his pic taken. 14+ kitties, the other cat doesn't have the same eyes although he is Mama's baby boy.

krdahmer
November 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM
That orange one there reminds me of a couple on here too! ;) Beautiful kitties!:lovestruck:

TeriM
November 5th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Your fur family is gorgeous :cloud9:.

Love4himies
November 5th, 2008, 07:07 AM
:laughing: Vinnie has a twin sister :D. Beautiful kitties, Wendy.H. :cloud9: :lovestruck:

chico2
November 5th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Wendy,that's amazing,the second pic could be Vinnie,except Vinnie has two freckles on his nose.
Where did you get Big Mama??
Vinnie was a little foundling,found by friends of mine in an industrial area,he was only about 8 weeks old.
How old is Big Mama.?

JennieV
November 5th, 2008, 01:14 PM
what beautiful kitties!
Those eyes!!! :eek: Gorgeous!

ancientgirl
November 5th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks all! Frenchy, I'm with hazelrunpack, I didn't know David Bowie has to different coloured eyes. I've just learned something new. :) Aslan, I love her eyes too and noticed they are opposite Vinnies. Unfortunatly its hard to get a nice picture of her eyes because she squints alot or just closes them when I try. These pics took a while to get. Vinnie looks like he likes to get his pic taken. 14+ kitties, the other cat doesn't have the same eyes although he is Mama's baby boy.

Wow, Big Mama is like Vinnie's mirror image. All of your kitties are gorgeous!

OH, and I read a while ago that David Bowies are actually the same color, they only look different colors because one pupil is larger than the other due to a childhood accident. :shrug:

Wendy.H.
November 6th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Chico2, my son found Big Mama in the field behind our house the same day we had to have our big boy cat Taz PTS. I still believe he sent her to us. She layed on our couch like she belonged there her whole life! We put ads in the paper and posters up all around town but no one claimed her. Within a week or two we figured out that she was pregnant too. She had six beautiful babies and we also kept one (the other white one in the pic). His name is Milton. We think Mama is about 6 now. We've had her 4 years. Our orange kitty is Winny and the dog is Lucy. Thanks again. :)

rainbow
November 6th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Beautiful kitties :lovestruck: and it does sound like Taz sent Big Momma to you. :cloud9:

rainbow
November 6th, 2008, 01:57 AM
both of them stunning with different eye color "a la David Bowie" :lovestruck:

David Bowie has different-colored eyes? :eek:

shhh yup hazel david bowie has the same eyes'

OH, and I read a while ago that David Bowies are actually the same color, they only look different colors because one pupil is larger than the other due to a childhood accident. :shrug:

AG is right....David Bowie's eyes look different colours because of a schoolyard fight with a classmate. They are actually both blue. And, his original name was David Jones but he changed it because Davy Jones of the Monkees was already famous.

From http://www.epinions.com/content_2144903300

One day in the schoolyard, Jones’ classmate George Underwood confronted him over a girl and the two had a fight where Underwood hit Jones in the left eye with a school compass. Jones replied to his classmate “you’ll never do that again” and he went to the hospital a few days later because a nerve had exploded in his left eye. He was forced to go into several surgeries in order to save his sight. Though he still has clear vision, what he got in his left eye was an expanded pupil where far away, it looked like he had a different eye color than his right eye but it’s the rim of iris that makes it look different so the left eye is the same color as the right which are both blue.

:sorry:

Sorry for the hijack info :o

Back to Wendy's beautiful kitties :lovestruck: .......