Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

They give, then taketh away

phoozles
November 3rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
Fellow dial up users will appreciate this..

Some of you might not know this, but like Hazel and Chris and others, I too, suffer the pains of dial up internet. In fact, mine is so bad, that I rarely go online at all when I am at home (when you see me post, you know I'm at work.. shhh).. I live in the boonies, so dial up is my only option - aside from spending an insane amount of money a month.

So imagine my glee when I received a letter from a certain communications company stating that I can not only have high speed, but it will cost less than what I am paying for dial up! I must say, I did a little jig (unfortunately it wasn't video taped, so you'll just have to imagine it).

The modem arrived in less time than they said they would, and I was so excited! According to the instructions, all I had to do was plug it in and it would be good to go.. Except it wasn't.

I called the service number they provided. Not surprisingly, it was the wrong number. I get transferred to the right one (eventually), and they tell me that I have to 'point' the modem in the right direction. :confused:

Eventually there I am, looking like a :loser:, plugging in and point this modem out the bathroom window. Still nothing. The woman tech on the other line said, "Oh, and if it gets working, you're only going to get about 2 lights" (meaning it will be stupid slow). I said, the guy who sold it to me said that it would be 10x faster than dial up . She said she wouldn't have sold it to me, because my boonie house is apparently 18.6 kms from the tower :eek:

No more jigs for me.. Just sad, dejected shuffles.

She told me to try again the next day, when it was sunny (so even if it *did* work, I could only use it on sunny days in my bathroom?!?!), but alas, no connection. I had to send it back, and I'll probably be fighting this company for extra charges on my bill for months to come..

Ahh, to have a glimmer of hope like that quickly dashed is so sad.. I had already planned all the things I was going to download.. :cry:

Love4himies
November 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
People will say anything to make a sale :evil: You must be so disappointed :grouphug:

phoozles
November 3rd, 2008, 06:54 PM
I know.. this is a big company too, not some crummy one hit wonder..

I found it suspicious that we suddenly had access to high speed, considering we haven't for the year we've lived here.. And the guy who sold it to me said
"Oh yeah, you're covered" .. So when I brought this up with tech support later, they said, "It shows on our map that you're under 'good' coverage (there's Excellent, Great, Good, Fine and Nope).. but when we look at the actual distance, we see that you are very far away at the tower.. Our sales reps look at the map, but they don't look at the distance.. "

WHY?! Isn't that one of the most important things?! Why am I in the 'good' range when I'm not even close to the tower? How bad is great? And the 'fines' should definitely not even consider it..

Okay, I just got worked up again .. Deep breath..

I was just getting excited because my work just blocked a bunch of sites recently (not this one :highfive:) which includes my personal email .. it takes FOREVER to load at home, and I've been trying to plan a wedding during work.. They don't seem to care about that though :rolleyes: :D

Dracko
November 3rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
I can't even image what those of you on dial up go through. It's been so many years since I had to deal with that. Some days I'm impatient with my wireless high speed. You guys must have the patience of Job. :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
November 3rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
They offered a neighbor of ours DSL a few months ago. Signed her up (it was a 12-month contract), set up her start date, yada yada yada... Then called her back the next day to tell her it wasn't available in our area because of the crappy lines they have out here. :rolleyes: Wouldn't you think they'd check that first? :laughing:

Then, to add insult to injury, they charged her for DSL on the next bill! :wall: Sigh...she did get the contract canceled, but she had to speak to a supervisor to do it. :p

Anyway, I feel for you, phoozles! :grouphug:

14+kitties
November 3rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
It's so weird what companies do to get sales. We always get flyers in the mail for high speed, gas furnaces, cable TV, etc... none of which is available here. Everything ends the road before us. We are considered in the boonies.

Occasionally hubby gets really tired of all the junk mail showing up so he phones the companies and asks to be signed up. He sounds really excited on the phone...says yes please, please sign us up. We've just been waiting till you got to this area. We are so glad you finally did!! One time he even had the person take most of our info before they realized we aren't in an area they service. When they tell him they are sorry and they can't offer us their service he "politely" asks them to please stop sending us the flyers then. Sometimes it actually works.

I have not heard of this thing you just stick out a window to get high speed. If that's the case.... I'll take 4! :D Sorry my dear. Sometimes people just shouldn't have the job they have!

Karin
November 4th, 2008, 12:06 AM
My area just had dsl improved with the local phone service. My neighbors all signed up.
They are MY test subjects!
So far, so good. I may be signing up soon, before my dial up contract expires.

phoozles
November 4th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Well, it gets better.. Last night I got home to find a notice that a package had been delivered and I had to pick it up at the post office. I got excited, thinking that I had gotten a present, but in the back of my mind, I wondered if they had sent me another modem.

Sure enough, that's what happened. They sent me TWO modems that won't work from my house. :frustrated: I told the post office I didn't even want it - because I'd just have to send it back.. Guess who's probably going to get billed for it anyway? :rolleyes: I think I must have a red flag next to my account - because for the past year I think I've called and yelled at them at least 15 times. They should know not to mess with me - I fight back! :laughing:

You're not supposed to have to stick this thing out the window.. They bill it as the ultimate high speed modem "You can plug it in wherever you go and get high speed: home, work, school, vacation, wherever!" .. Yeah, unless you live where I live. Then you look like a monkey trying to hook up your computer in the bathroom. :rolleyes:

14+kitties
November 4th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Sorry. I meant point modem out window. :o
It's funny you get promised all this crap and it never works. We have had lots of issues with our wireless too. But when you live in the boonies you take what you can get.

ancientgirl
November 4th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Man, that blows. When I got my laptop I'd considered getting one of those cards, but managed to just switch to cable.

I'm thinking that when you move internet connection might be a good thing to check out too.:D

phoozles
November 5th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah.. I told my finacÚ that he better soak up the country living while he can - because this is the last time I'm living in the boonies.. Not only do we have no access to high speed internet or cable, but we've got bugs coming out of the wazoo and I'm not a big fan of creepy crawlers :yuck:
I'm a transplanted city girl and I'm not adjusting well :o

ancientgirl
November 5th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah, you need to find a little house in the burbs somewhere. That way you get the best of both. You can go into the city and you get to live in a quiet place too.