Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found, Persian cat in Verdun.

rg_girlca
November 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
My neighbour found this cat Wednesday Oct. 29 in our laneway, but couldn't keep it in her house, so came to me for help since she knows I rescue cats in my area.
Here is a picture of him/her under my bed where he/she has been since I took it in. Thankfully it comes out to eat, drink and use the litter box.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures125.jpg

I don't know if this cat is lost or someone dumped him/her as he/she is soooo badly matted. The mats are so tight to its body, that I'm sure he/she must be in some pain from it. I have an appointment tomorrow with the groomers as it just breaks my heart to see him/her like this.

He/she is cream colored and has yellow eyes. I checked with the SPCA and some vets in my area if anyone reported this cat lost, but nothing. So I left my info with them, just in case something should come up. I hope so because I don't know what I'm going to do with this one.

BenMax
November 3rd, 2008, 03:05 PM
There are rescue groups that may be able to help. There is one for purebreds. If you don't know which one please let me know.

Thanks for taking the cat in. And indeed with all that matting - he is in pain.

We love pets
November 3rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
That is so nice that you are taking care of this little one. I hope you can find its owners or find it a loving home.

rg_girlca
November 3rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
BenMax, I would love it if you could provide me with some new rescue organizations to deal with. I use to deal with Lucky's Rescues and the Westmount Cat Lady, but they are no longer in business. I have also called the rescue here in Verdun, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Thank you We Love Pets. :)

If anyone has any info you can reach me at; rg_girlca@yahoo.ca

BenMax
November 4th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I will infact provide you with a rescue. If you get no response, please let me know and I will source out another for you.

Thanks for taking this poor soul in - you are his :angel:.

BenMax
November 4th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I sent you the rescue(s) and contact name. Please let me know if you received.

poodletalk
November 4th, 2008, 09:02 AM
RC Girlca, If you go to the Verdun Library, there's a Liberian who works in the resource sector in the evenings who does cat rescue. She speaks to a lot of people in Verdun, she helps a lot with their animals by giving advice just maybe she knows who this cat belongs too or she can help.

Thank-you for helping this cat.:thumbs up

BenMax
November 4th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Collectively we will find either his home (which quite frankly cannot be that great if he is that badly matted and no one looking for him) or a rescue that will take. Don't worry.

Thanks Poodletalk for that very valuable information.

BMDLuver
November 4th, 2008, 09:45 AM
That's a flame point persian. Have you checked for a chip? Several have been adopted by Animal Adoption Montreal, perhaps it's one of theirs too. I will send the link to the lady who runs that rescue in case an adopter has lost one and not said anything.

BenMax
November 4th, 2008, 09:48 AM
BDMLuver - that is the contact I provided along with another.

Love4himies
November 4th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Have you confirmed whether it is a male or female?

I am really gonna need strength not to run to Montreal to get this guy.

BenMax
November 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Why not L4H - you would be the best option for this cat if not reclaimed! Come on Girl.....

BMDLuver
November 4th, 2008, 11:43 AM
lol, sorry about that... I'm time challenged at the moment so quickly scanning

rg_girlca
November 4th, 2008, 01:03 PM
BenMax, yes I received your e-mail with the info. Thank you again so very much.

Poodletalk; thank you for that information.

BMDluver; I will have him/her checked for a chip when I bring him/her to the vets. All my rescues are vet checked, have their shots, de-wormed, de-flead, plus tested for Feline Aids/Leukemia and then quarantineed in my room for 10 days until I get them spayed or neutered. Then if they are still with me, get socialized very slowly to my crew. I have 6 cats and a dog, who are all rescues. As you can see, I have failed at fostering a few times. LOL!!!!!! It's the widdle ones that I have a very hard time to let go of.

Love4himies; He/she is at the groomers right now, so I hope he will let me know. He couldn't get over the condition this poor cat was in and said that he will do his best. At first he thought the cat was maybe between 3-5 years, but when he checked his teeth and saw that he has some teeth missing, he figures maybe older now. I hope when I bring him to my vet he will be a bit more accurate on the cats age.

Thank you all so much for your responses. :)

BMDLuver
November 4th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Checked with Animal Adoption Montreal and they did not have a male flamepoint.

BenMax
November 4th, 2008, 01:47 PM
BDMLuver - can you use your contacts and squeeze this cat into this rescue? If not, I will source out another for her.

We love pets
November 4th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Can you send a picture of he/she with the new hair cut!!
I am sure the little one will sure feel better once they get those nots out.
I guess he/she was put in your path for a reason.
:)

rg_girlca
November 4th, 2008, 04:42 PM
OMG!!!!! I can't believe this is the same cat that I went to pick up. Poor thing. Also......HE'S DECLAWED!!!!!:mad: Poor baby. Yes it's a he and he's neutered.

Here are a few before and after pictures.

Look how plump he looks here.............................Not a happy camper.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures134.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures133.jpg

Look how skinny and tiny he looks now.................Still not a happy camper.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures139-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures135.jpg

I just finished giving him some scritchies which he just loved by the sound of his purrssssss. He seems to be a very docile cat. He didn't even meow in the car. The groomer also said that he was pretty good while grooming him.

Please note that I am not in a rush to put him into a shelter. I would like to keep him here for a bit (God knows what this poor thing has been through) and have him vet checked and possibly, I would like to try and find a very good home for him first. Like you said BenMax, he couldn't have come from a very good home to be in the condition he was in.
Since I got him, I've checked quite a few rescues lost and found sites and have come up with nothing. So to me, this person isn't in too much of a hurry to get their cat back.:sad:

t.pettet
November 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Kudos to you for looking after this poor kitty. He looks alot more comfortable minus the mats but if you have a small dog sweater to put on him he won't get chilled.

rainbow
November 4th, 2008, 06:54 PM
What a gorgeous boy he is. :lovestruck:

Thank you for rescuing him :angel: and good luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

We love pets
November 4th, 2008, 07:26 PM
He is so cute. Thank god you are taking care of him, hopefully you can find him a loving home!

Toonces
November 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Oh wow what a gorgeous boy thankyou so much for giving him a safe place, good luck finding him a home, he looks so much better now:thumbs up

rg_girlca
November 6th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Please see Thread I made in Cat Health: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=58060

Tipettet: (He is in a heated room, so no need for a sweater), rainbow, We love pets and Toonces, thank you for your kind comments. :)

Love4himies: Run, run like the wind. He'll be here waiting for you. :)

Tundra_Queen
November 9th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Oh the poor guy! And being declawed too, bless his little heart.

Maybe his owner got sick or died and he got out of the house on the person who was suppose to be looking after him. And him being an indoor cat, because of the declaws, just got lost.

Oh I feel so bad for him. He must of been so scared. And for him to be good at the groomers must mean he has been groomed before especially seeing as the groomer is a stranger to him and he still was well behaved?

I'm so glad your neighbour found him before he got hurt and that u are taking such good care of him.

Debbie

duttypaws
November 9th, 2008, 08:39 AM
oh he is lovely.... so many lost cats in my area NDG, its nice to see someone taking them in and giving them shelter.

I hope you find him a forever home.