Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Keeper's Miracle . . . . and Burstall Pass

Rick C
November 3rd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Following up on an earlier thread . . . .

The mass removed from Keeper's stomach/liver area is nothing more than a benign, fatty mass, with part of it rotting, hence the inflamation.

All other samples taken from the area also revealed no cancer.

That means Keeper has to face only the mildest chemo pill form of treatment, to ensure her shoulder/neck cancer issue is truly taken care of.

This is something of a miracle and far beyond what we were realistically expecting.

She looks like she'll have a lot more years to go.

She's still recovering from her surgery and had a rough first few days but is making steady progress now.

Thank you again for all your best wishes. I'm sure they made a difference. Too many good vibes to ignore.

Carol phoned Abby and I with the results when we were on the way to the mountains and if we could have done a sailor jig with a hearty airborne click of the heels while going 80 mph, then you can be assured we would have.

The only negative is that Abby was feeling poorly when we got home and had trouble eating supper . . . she's seeing the vet today. For our walk, I had forgotten her luncheon cookie and had shared part of a store-bought egg salad sandwich with her, while having little of it myself. I hope that wasn't the cause but she's showing all the signs of classic food poisoning, just as a human would. It seems to be fading.

Below, Abby earlier on Saturday up Burstall Pass in K-Country. The ice behind her is obviously thin and dangerous, so be assured her leash was on. Sadly, the dots you've been seeing on some pictures lately mean my 18-70 mm zoom is pooched from prior abuse, so bear with me until I replace it.

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0228-edit2.jpg.jpg

Below, some beasts had traversed this spot before us, and sizeable enough to look like moose.

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0263-edit1.jpg

Abby on the move. The mountains behind her conceal Chester Lake, which has been featured on their blog before. We went west instead of east to hit Burstall, a late day scouting mission to see if it's worthy of winter trekking.

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0299-edit1.jpg

Thanks again for all your wishes for Keeper.

The Kilimanjaro blog at www.goldentales.ca/guestlog.htm has been updated with more dialogue and pictures if anyone is interested.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Chris21711
November 3rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
That is great news about Keeper Rick :highfive:

Hope Abby's tummy troubles have cleared up :)

Scuba
November 3rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
That is great news, wish you all the best for both Abby and Keeper.

aslan
November 3rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Oh Rick that is excellent news about Keeper.:grouphug:

clm
November 3rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
That's just the greatest news. I'm so happy for you and Keeper.
Your egg salad sandwich didn't happen to have onions in it did it?....That could be why abby is off. Hopefully she's feeling better soon too.

Cindy

krdahmer
November 3rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
That's what I thought too clm! I know most of those store made ones have onion in them. Hope she's feeling better soon! And great news about Keeper, I'm so happy for you all! Hopefully the pills go down alright and that's the last you see of the big C! :fingerscr :pray::grouphug:

BenMax
November 3rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Your photos are absolutely amazing!

diandpat
November 3rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
Aw, what a nice way to start the week...good news about Keeper and beautiful pictures from Rick C. :cloud9:

Glad Keeper got the official okeydokey :highfive: and hope Abby is on the mend soon too. Also hope there were no onions in that sandwich. :goodvibes:

badger
November 3rd, 2008, 12:58 PM
What a huge relief, if you couldn't dance a jig at 80 mph, there must have been a whole lot of whooping and maybe even a few tears in that car.
I hope Abby's bug clears up soon.
Yay!

Love4himies
November 3rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
I am so happy to hear the good news, Rick :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
November 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
WoooooHooooo! :highfive: Great report on Keeper!! :grouphug:

Not so great about Abby's tummy, but :fingerscr that she's on the mend now!

And great pics, as always! :D

TeriM
November 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Beautiful pictures :cloud9:.

I am soooo happy for you all to hear the news on Keeper :thumbs up. It made me all teary so I can just imagine how you felt :highfive:.

Melinda
November 3rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
what wonderful news, I hope she's soon feeling 100%

Stacer
November 3rd, 2008, 04:58 PM
That's awesome news Rick!! Yay Keeper!! Looking forward to many more mountian hike pictures with both Abby and Keeper in them!

rainbow
November 3rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Great news about Keeper. :highfive: I hope her chemo goes well. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Hugs for Abby :grouphug: ....I hope she is feeling better now. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

14+kitties
November 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
I am so glad that Keeper is going to be able to just have the pills. Was worried that it would be so much worse! :highfive: Give her a big hug for me please. :D
The pics were wonderful! Dots? What dots? :rolleyes:

chico2
November 3rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Awww Rick,I am so happy for Keeper:thumbs up:thumbs up
I think we all feared the worst..
Your pics are glorious as always,hopefully Abby will recover quickly,these puppers just cannot get sick,they live in doggie-heaven:dog:

Diamondsmum
November 3rd, 2008, 07:19 PM
ohhh grat mews about keeper! I hope Abby was feelin better too

Frenchy
November 3rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
ohhhh I'm so happy for Keeper and her family !!! yipeeeeee ! :thumbs up

Wendy.H.
November 3rd, 2008, 11:40 PM
So glad to hear Keepers good news. Hope Abby is feeling better too. Love the pics.

Rick C
November 4th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Abby has successfully survived my attempt to poison her.

Both had good days and Abby is back to eating.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

babymomma
November 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Beautiful pictures!! I have so many great places to go hiking, but unfotunatly even with my neighbors german sheoherd and with keely im afraid to go by "myself" .. I love hiking and stuff though:( my dad used to go with me but he cannot annymore. he is is alberta most of the time now :(

jiorji
November 5th, 2008, 07:13 PM
yay for keeper!:thumbs up

sugarcatmom
November 5th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Awesome news! Such a huge relief, and I'm glad that Abby is also better.

growler~GateKeeper
November 6th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Wonderful news Rick! :highfive: I'm so glad it turned out to be not so bad news for Keeper :grouphug:

:goodvibes: for a speedy recovery & easy chemo treatment :goodvibes: :grouphug:

:grouphug: for Abby too, glad she's feeling better now.

ancientgirl
November 6th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Rick, that's the best news to hear about Keeper. I'm so glad!

And I'm sure Abby will be fine. I also was thinking perhaps the onion might not have agreed with her, since I've had egg salad in the past with onion in it.