Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A short playtime at Hazel Run

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
It was a gloomy day at Hazel Run and to make it worse, the Sheriff had just left with the Hazel Run Daddy on his belated birthday outing. The rest of the Pack, left behind, were pretty sad.

"Take us, too, Dad!!"

But only Sheriff Cole got to go and the Pack was left to find its own entertainment.

"Wanna play, Lil Belle?" barked Brier.
"Not really, Pesty Brier... Do I have a choice?"

"No."

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Lil Belle was so busy watching Brier that she missed Ms Macie sneaking in from the side:

As soon as she could break free, Lil Belle went tearing up the yard around the LP tank and spun around to hold off the Pesty Pack in front of the shed.

"Don't just stand there! Come and play!"

Lil Belle just rolled her eyes and stood her ground.

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
"Aw c'mon, Belle! What if I nibble you in the back? Then will you play?"

"Brier, you are the biggest pest in the whole Pack!"

"I'm going in! Catch me if you can!"

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
"Safe at last!!"

The End

babymomma
November 2nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
Hazel , i always love your stories :) They always make me laugh.. Your dogs are gorgous :)

MindysMom
November 2nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
Awwwww - I love the last one especially.

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 03:12 PM
It was too overcast and they were moving too fast to get more of their shenanigans on camera :rolleyes: otherwise they would have provided more of a story this time, babymomma. :D

They definitely do like to share the furniture with each other, MindysMom...it's the Humans in the house that have to scramble looking for a place to sit. The Canines do just fine! :laughing:

JennieV
November 2nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Awww..what beautiful doggies! :lovestruck:
Lovely, just lovely!:flirt:

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks, Jennie! Would Sparky like to come for a play date? :dog: That would be soooo much fun! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
November 2nd, 2008, 04:06 PM
Thank goodness you have such a big yard! I love the catch me if you can one.

JennieV
November 2nd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Hazel, he would LOVE to, except Quebec is kind of far-ish from you...
:sad:
on another note, our neighbour, the one that got a boxer pup, well, we saw her at Halloween, and even though she is the same age as Sparky, she is about 30 lbs and easily pins Sparky down (he is about 11 lbs), but he wiggles and moves real fast around, so within 20 seconds we have one seriously entangled boxer...LOL (I keep him on leash) :crazy:

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Actually, we're kinda far-ish from everyone :laughing: but talk to Frenchy...she and some of her henchmen keep threatening to sneak down here for a dog-napping adventure some day! :D Maybe you two can tag along!

Wouldn't it be fun, though? :cloud9: The Pack promises not to try to pin Sparky down. :angel: In fact, they'd likely just step back and watch him run! :dog: 'cept maybe for Grace...she's more Sparky's size and one of our biggest playbabies! :D

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
Thank goodness you have such a big yard! I love the catch me if you can one.

That was just in the Big Yard. We also have the Basement Yard and the Side Yard...both a little smaller. We've found that having different areas like that really comes in handy when there are workmen in one yard or someone needs to be separated from the rest of the Pack for a few days. :thumbs up

ancientgirl
November 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
I long for at least one yard LOL.

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
I long for at least one yard LOL.

It'll happen! Took us 20 years to finally get a place out in the boonies that gave us a little running room! :D Then gas prices skyrocketed! :rolleyes:

We aren't known for our sense of timing. :laughing:

Diamondsmum
November 2nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
awwwwwww hazel the pack looks just beautiful looks like they forgot Sheriff was on a special trip with HazelRundaddy LOL.

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 08:22 PM
awwwwwww hazel the pack looks just beautiful looks like they forgot Sheriff was on a special trip with HazelRundaddy LOL.

Yeah, they pretty much drowned their sorrows by picking on Lil Belle. :rolleyes: They were still jealous though when Cole got home, though, and pretended that they'd been moping all day to make dad feel guilty. The HRD wasn't buying it. :D

Frenchy
November 2nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
ahhh Lil Belle didn't wanna play ? She wanted to cuddle with auntie Frenchy :cloud9: :laughing:

I love the one where they're all waiting at the door :laughing: poor babies :sad:

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 09:19 PM
ahhh Lil Belle didn't wanna play ? She wanted to cuddle with auntie Frenchy :cloud9: :laughing:

Yep...I think she said just that as she ran by me up to the door..."I wanna go to visit Auntie Frenchy! Now!" :dog:

I love the one where they're all waiting at the door :laughing: poor babies :sad:

Ridge was right there, too...she hates going... :rolleyes: The rest of them were pretty sad...for about 90 seconds. :D Then it was time to go out and they forgot all about being jealous till Dad and Cole got home.

Chris21711
November 3rd, 2008, 09:55 AM
I just love your silky pack Hazel :cloud9:

:offtopic:Hazel you gave me the link for the name tags you use, I don't know what I did with it :shrug: Could you give it to me again :)

hazelrunpack
November 3rd, 2008, 10:09 AM
:offtopic:Hazel you gave me the link for the name tags you use, I don't know what I did with it :shrug: Could you give it to me again :)

The flat ones that slide on their collars, you mean? I'll have to go look through hubby's pile of papers... :o So it might take a while... But I'll see if I can find it again! :thumbs up

BenMax
November 3rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
Hazel - I am in need of a new home! Yours looks like such fun and I am in need of a retreat. Can I, can I - I promise to pick up after myself and I will do the laundry.

kathryn
November 3rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
How the heck did you end up with so many dogs?

/says the girl with a gabillion cats

Chris21711
November 3rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
The flat ones that slide on their collars, you mean? I'll have to go look through hubby's pile of papers... :o So it might take a while... But I'll see if I can find it again! :thumbs up

Thanks Hazel, Reb lost his tags again this weekend out back, no way I can find them out there. Although did come across a Kong that had been AWOL for a while. Maybe madame Hazel knows where it is :rolleyes:

clm
November 3rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
I didn't realize there was such a size difference between some of your dogs. You can really see it in some of these pics. They look like they have a fabulous time together. I just love your stories too.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
November 3rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Hazel - I am in need of a new home! Yours looks like such fun and I am in need of a retreat. Can I, can I - I promise to pick up after myself and I will do the laundry.

Sure...anyone who does laundry is always welcome! :laughing:

How the heck did you end up with so many dogs?

Insanity for the first 7; foster failure for number 8. :D

Thanks Hazel, Reb lost his tags again this weekend out back, no way I can find them out there. Although did come across a Kong that had been AWOL for a while. Maybe madame Hazel knows where it is :rolleyes:

madame hazel can't even find the info here :rolleyes: I'll ask hubby if he remembers where the forms are when he gets home--I'm pretty sure the site name is on the forms :thumbs up

I didn't realize there was such a size difference between some of your dogs. You can really see it in some of these pics.

Glad you're enjoying the stories...

Most of the girls run between 42 and 48 pounds and the boys between 55 and 62 pounds--but our newest, Grace, is dinky, coming in at 33 pounds. She's frustrated. Everyone treats her like a puppy because she's so small, so to get the respect due her, she has to do everything big! :rolleyes: You should see her body slam the big boys! :laughing:

TeriM
November 3rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Great pics :lovestruck:, looks like the pack is merciless in making sure everyone plays :laughing:. Is it hard to get one of them out the door without all the others?

hazelrunpack
November 3rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Great pics :lovestruck:, looks like the pack is merciless in making sure everyone plays :laughing:. Is it hard to get one of them out the door without all the others?

Nearly impossible at times. hazel has become the master of body blocking setters at the door. :rolleyes:

TeriM
November 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
Hehe, I don't have a problem with my two here but when Sam comes to visit I often just take the easy route and sneak out through the garage with the dog that gets to go.

hazelrunpack
November 3rd, 2008, 11:20 PM

Here's the link, Chris: http://www.speedypetproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PTS&Category_Code=MT&?source=speedyhomepage

We use the metal slide on tags at the upper left of the product table. :D

hazelrunpack
November 3rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Hehe, I don't have a problem with my two here but when Sam comes to visit I often just take the easy route and sneak out through the garage with the dog that gets to go.

That's cheating! :laughing: But makes life oh so much simpler! :D

rainbow
November 3rd, 2008, 11:31 PM
We finally get to see a milling at the door pic :D ......love it. :thumbs up

Also the "forget all about the Sheriff and let's have some fun" pics. :lovestruck:

And, the cuddling on the loveseat pic. :cloud9:

Heck....I just love all the pics of the pack. :flirt:

hazelrunpack
November 3rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Now that I have my CD drive back, I'll have to try to get some more pics... Haven't taken many the past few days cuz I had no way to back them up once they were on my computer... :o

rainbow
November 3rd, 2008, 11:56 PM
Don't forget Cerberus. :D

hazelrunpack
November 3rd, 2008, 11:59 PM
Don't forget Cerberus. :D
Oy, yes.... Cerberus :o

:laughing: I've been neglecting him of late, haven't I? He's been pretty tuckered from all the helping out around the house. Maybe he needs a straight play day tomorrow, eh? :D

rainbow
November 4th, 2008, 12:34 AM

:laughing: I've been neglecting him of late, haven't I? He's been pretty tuckered from all the helping out around the house. Maybe he needs a straight play day tomorrow, eh? :D

WOO HOO....that sounds good. :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
November 11th, 2008, 03:50 AM
How did I miss this thread? :confused:

Love the "Brier, you are the biggest pest in the whole Pack!" pic :lovestruck: and the Milling at the Door pic. :lovestruck:

Does Macie always hang back from the rest of the Pack at the door or was she coming back to get you to open the door? :dog:

rainbow
November 11th, 2008, 03:56 AM
How did I miss this thread? :confused:

LOL....glad you missed it Growler cuz Hazel obviously forgot about this :frustrated: .....

Of course, she is going to blame it on Madame Hazel's crappy memory again. :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
November 11th, 2008, 04:20 AM
But Cerberus had his playdate here: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=688055#post688055 :D

rainbow
November 11th, 2008, 04:28 AM
LOL....so he did. :o I'll have to blame it on Madame Rainbow's memory...... it must be time for bed. :rolleyes:

But then Cerberus was supposed to have another adventure helping with the chores. :whistle:

hazelrunpack
November 11th, 2008, 12:02 PM
LOL....so he did. :o I'll have to blame it on Madame Rainbow's memory...... it must be time for bed. :rolleyes:

But then Cerberus was supposed to have another adventure helping with the chores. :whistle:

:laughing: okay, okay...I give...we're on it...soon...one of these days....after my meetings...by the weekend... :p

rainbow
November 11th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Sorry if I seemed pushy Hazel :D but I'll mark my calendar. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 11th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Sorry if I seemed pushy Hazel :D but I'll mark my calendar. :laughing:

:laugh: Nope, not pushy at all! :laughing: :p

Guess I better mark mine, too, then, before madame hazel forgets... :o