Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Crazy Sparky...

JennieV
November 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
So we went to the cottage this weekend, probably one of the last times, till next spring, went down to the river...Sparky was running around in full Zoomie mode...and kind of missed the part where the land ended and water began :eek::eek:
I barely had time to gasp and he was in the water, looking awfully surprised. Luckily, he listened to me and swam back (it is pretty deep right off shore, bcz of the boat), climbed out and went CRAZY running...:rolleyes: I was trying to catch him so I could wrap him in my jacket ad bring him home but it took me a good 5 minutes to even get close to grabbing him.

Then, I wrapped him up in my jacket and kind of ran home (which was nearly impossible, as he tried to wiggle out and jump away...)
He is fine, except he smelled of river SO BAD (it was like driving home with a carp in the car) I needed to give him a bath at home. Hubby managed to grab one pic of the zoomies after the swim.. :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Pesky shoreline, the way it turns into water like that! :frustrated:

:laughing: Sounds like quite the adventure for Sparky! I can see he had lots of agitation to run off afterward! :D

Does he smell better after his bath? Carp...:eeew:

JennieV
November 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Pesky shoreline, the way it turns into water like that! :frustrated:

:laughing: Sounds like quite the adventure for Sparky! I can see he had lots of agitation to run off afterward! :D

Does he smell better after his bath? Carp...:eeew:

LOL..yes, he does Hazel, I can't stop smooching him now! he smells sweet..LOL :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Oh, good. :D I'm sure he'd be very unhappy without all his usual smoochies! He's got such a smoochable face :flirt:

JennieV
November 2nd, 2008, 04:23 PM
lol
apparently, hubby took a vid before the un-authorized swim..:laughing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbqQRaSJGIw

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
:cry: My connection is too slow to download video... :sad:

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
:eek: Oooooo! But I was able to download about 11 seconds of it! :thumbs up He can really move when he wants to, can't he? :laughing: Silly Sparky!

JennieV
November 2nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Hazel, I am tempted to start collecting money to buy you a good modem!
LOL
:D just kidding...the video is about 30 seconds. You could pause it and leave it to load while you do other stuff.:cool:

ancientgirl
November 2nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
LOL, he looks like he's getting ready for take-off in that first picture.

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Hazel, I am tempted to start collecting money to buy you a good modem!
LOL
:D just kidding...the video is about 30 seconds. You could pause it and leave it to load while you do other stuff.:cool:

Sigh...I actually have a fairly good modem...it's the crap telephone lines out here that are the issue. We call them Rice Krispies lines since there's so much snap, crackle and pop on them some days. :D Typically, if I try to download video, I can get a few seconds and then the connection drops/freezes/burps :shrug: It's a bummer, man... :frustrated: :o

JennieV
November 2nd, 2008, 05:25 PM
We call them Rice Krispies

OMG... :eek: thats bad! LOL...so sorry about that...At this day and age, I thought the Rice Krispies were all gone..:rolleyes: Silly me.

Frenchy
November 2nd, 2008, 06:22 PM
lol
apparently, hubby took a vid before the un-authorized swim..:laughing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbqQRaSJGIw

He seems so happy :cloud9:

So his first swim .... your little boy is growing up :D

Dracko
November 3rd, 2008, 01:57 AM
I remember a time when Dracko was young and out with my ex. He was running around and...splat...ran right in to the lake, much to his surprise. It was his first time in the water. :p

Man, can Spark run FAST when he's got the zoomies. :thumbs up

Love4himies
November 3rd, 2008, 07:14 AM
Ohhh doggies with the zoomies :cloud9:, I love watching happy pups :lovestruck: and when the pup is as cute as Sparky it makes it that much better!