Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Teeegan and Jade are adopted!

14+kitties
November 1st, 2008, 09:52 PM
Can you believe it!!! After all this time my son's co-worker has finally made his decision! He wants both of them. He says they are too cute to break up!! He is going to get supplies on Monday and I will be delivering them sometime within the next week. :fingerscr YAY!!!!!!!!!

hazelrunpack
November 1st, 2008, 09:54 PM
:highfive: Great news, 14+! And how wonderful that they get to stay together! :cloud9:

clm
November 1st, 2008, 09:56 PM
Best news possible to have them adopted together. That's an adorable pic of them too.

Cindy

14+kitties
November 1st, 2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks ladies! I think it was this pic that got him to take both of them. :rolleyes: I had sent pics of Bandit and Tinka too but he chose these two. :D He works at the restaurant so much I really was trying hard to get him to adopt the two so they have company while he is working.

TeriM
November 1st, 2008, 10:55 PM
Wonderful news :thumbs up.

rainbow
November 1st, 2008, 11:05 PM
WOOO HOOO....I am so happy for you and, of course, Teegan & Jade. :highfive: :cloud9:

Hopefully, you and/or your son can convince the co-worker to keep us updated. :goodvibes:

Or. better yet, get him to join us. :thumbs up

Love4himies
November 2nd, 2008, 05:43 AM
Wahoo, I love it when kitties can be adopted together :thumbs up :D Does that mean there is room now for krdahmer's sweet tabby stray :p

14+kitties
November 2nd, 2008, 06:10 AM
Rainbow - I doubt he will join us here. He is a busy guy. I hope he will spend some time with the kitties.
L4H - The tabby was coming here whether or not these guys were adopted. He will be going to a crate for a while. That is if kr doesn't find his home. :fingerscr I am still hoping that is the outcome there and she can talk sense into his owners.

Chris21711
November 2nd, 2008, 10:48 AM
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/47b20s0.gif That is great news 14k - that pic of them is adorable, how many do you have for adoption now?

:offtopic: How is Stormy, is she still sticking around, I hope so :pray:

meg4050
November 2nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Awwww that's great news 14+!!! Good Job!!! :D

Frenchy
November 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
wooohooo !!!! I'm so glad for you and them , cats should always be adopted by 2 :D

:highfive: 14+ !

dogcatharmony
November 2nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
:highfive: wonderful news to hear!!!

Toonces
November 2nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Excellent!!! so glad they can stay together:thumbs up

14+kitties
November 2nd, 2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks everyone. I think they know something is up. They have been real sucks since I got home from work. Normally it's about 2 minutes and let me go but they have been sticking around today. I will miss them. I've had them with me for the last four months. :sad: But I am glad they got adopted together.

Chris - Bandit and Tinka are still up for adoption. Although it will be so hard to let Tinka go. She comes running to the door when I come home from work so I can pick her up and love her. She jumps on my knee for snuggles constantly and is always looking to see where I am. She is such a mommies' girl. :cloud9:
Stormy is still around. I am trying to keep her in the large greenhouse for the winter but she manages to find a way out. She just hates being contained. Will still only let me near her.

ancientgirl
November 2nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Yay, adoption for Teegan and Jade. I'm so happy they are going to be together. I do feel sad we won't be seeing anymore pictures of them. But they will have a happy home and life.

chico2
November 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
14+,that's great news,hopefully this man knows about cats,if not,I am sure you'll teach him..
That pic is adorable,I can imagine there'll be tears when they leave,but it is a good thing.
I missed about Dahmers tabby,I'll have to look for the post..but he'll be a lucky kitty to come to your cat-haven..:cat:

babymomma
November 2nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Im so glad they will be adopted together !!!! Yay :)

kathryn
November 2nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Lol all your cats look the same :o

Congrats on the adoption.... I'm a bad foster mom lol I always want to keep them. I think I am keeping my 2 little twin guys I have now. They are 6 months now... no takers. Plus I know if they get adopted out they would be returned to me in just a few days (they are both terribly behaved).

How many kitties do you have now?

krdahmer
November 2nd, 2008, 10:46 PM
Ya that picture would do the trick! :lovestruck: Glad they get to go together.... kitties really need to be in pairs (the argument I used for numero 6 here... :rolleyes::laughing:) ;)

Bet hubby is happy...

phoozles
November 3rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
Great news! :thumbs up

14+kitties
November 3rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
14+,that's great news,hopefully this man knows about cats,if not,I am sure you'll teach him..
That pic is adorable,I can imagine there'll be tears when they leave,but it is a good thing.
I missed about Dahmers tabby,I'll have to look for the post..but he'll be a lucky kitty to come to your cat-haven..:cat:

Chico - Shawn had a cat before but when he and his girlfriend broke up she took the cat. He has been wanting one ever since. Now he will have two. :thumbs up

Lol all your cats look the same :o

Most people know they are from the same 4 moms who are all sisters so yep, they look alike. :shrug:

How many kitties do you have now?

Don't worry. I still have lots more. Somewhere around 28 but I am sure if I actually went looking in the bushes I would find tons more.

Bet hubby is happy...

Ummm yep, wants about 4 more out of the house now. :D He wants to keep TT and Dayle in the house and the rest in the catuary. :eek: I can't do that to Mylee and Mittens. :sad:

krdahmer
November 3rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Mittens can come here if hubby kicks him out!!! ;) :lovestruck:

I now you'll put hubby in the catuary before Mylee!! :laughing:

14+kitties
November 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
I will be working on him. Will just have to clean more frequently and scoop 6 times a day instead of 3. :D He's just cranky. His birthday's tomorrow. :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
November 4th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Excellant news :highfive: and two together :thumbs up

I think it was this pic that got him to take both of them. :rolleyes:

:laughing: I was gonna say - was that the pic you showed him :D:cloud9:

14+kitties
November 6th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Well, my babies have been delivered to their new slave. :) Kr and I took them yesterday. It was a great trip.

Shawn is fantastic! I have no qualms leaving my little ones with him knowing that he will do a grand job of raising them. He told us he recently had to have his 21 yr old kitty put down. I guess his parents had her. :rip: kitty. His ex took their other cat when she left. He has no plans to let them outside. He said with him working the hours he does when he is tired at the end of the day it's nice to come home to something that will cuddle. I know once they get used to him that they will be great cuddlebums. They were with me. He also knows that if something happens the cats come back to me. He has my number and works with my youngest son.

After we left Shawn's we went to the restaurant my son works in. kr got to meet him (I am sure she will let you know what she thought of him. :rolleyes:) and we had a fantastic free dinner. Not my intention when we went in. I just wanted to see my son. :cloud9: I miss seeing him.

Chris21711
November 6th, 2008, 12:40 PM
and we had a fantastic free dinner. Not my intention when we went in. I just wanted to see my son. :cloud9: I miss seeing him.

Yeh okay Gerri pull the other one it's got bells on it :laughing: j/k

Happy to hear that you are happy about their new home, Shawn has got himself two beautiful kitties who started out in a great home :thumbs up

What are you calling the new guy that you got from kr?

14+kitties
November 6th, 2008, 12:47 PM
kr had him named Kitty McCat so we shall keep it. He is not an over friendly kitty. He needs to get in to see a vet. I have a feeling he has been hit by something or has been abused. He does not like having his back end touched at all!

ancientgirl
November 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I'm so happy Teegan and Jade found a home with such a wonderful caring person.

I've missed the post about your new kitty though!

hazelrunpack
November 6th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Congratulations on getting Teegan and Jade so well-placed! :cloud9: I love happy endings!

Good luck with Kitty McCat! :fingerscr there's nothing too serious wrong with the poor dear.

14+kitties
November 6th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I'm so happy Teegan and Jade found a home with such a wonderful caring person.

I've missed the post about your new kitty though!

It was actually kr's posting. Can't remember the name of it but it was a recent thread. Sorry kr. :o

Congratulations on getting Teegan and Jade so well-placed! :cloud9: I love happy endings!

I hated taking them that far away but my kids and their cats are there. I am quite sure if I asked Shawn would let me come visit them. He has been a co worker and good friend of my sons' for quite some time.
Good luck with Kitty McCat! :fingerscr there's nothing too serious wrong with the poor dear.

Me too! Hope to get him in next week but we shall see. He is a crank pot today. :frustrated: I don't think he likes his crate. :rolleyes:

Tundra_Queen
November 9th, 2008, 02:02 AM
14+...Teegan and Jade are adorable! I am so happy they got adopted together! That is great!

I always wanted a grey striped cat. I thought that was what I was going to get when I got "the kids" but things worked out differently and I ended up with Mirabelle and O'shawnnessy. I am glad I got them as they are sweet, but I still want a grey striped one. :laughing:

How did u end up with 28 cats? And u said something about putting some in your cattery? What is a cattery please? Is that inside or outside? Do u foster stray cats?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm still learning about the different people on this site and sometimes it's hard to keep u all straight. :laughing:

Debbie

chico2
November 9th, 2008, 06:41 AM
T-Q,14+ is a wonderful kitty-angel,who rescues and cares for cats dumped on her country-property.
I am sure she can direct you to pics of her cattery here on our Forum.

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Tundra - thanks for asking. I know it's hard to keep people straight. You'll get there. :thumbs up
We have 19 acres here. I have taken a small portion of it......1/4 acre....... and turned it into a small "catuary". Mixture of cattery and sanctuary. At the moment it is in the midst of a huge renovation. New pictures will be coming soon.
In the beginning I started with one pregnant stray cat who had kittens and took off with them. They kept coming back though to have their babies. It soon turned into a zoo here. I had a live trap set at all times but they avoided it. The kittens I was able to get when they were small so managed to tame them. It soon became apparent I needed somewhere safe so.........

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=46940

Chico - thanks for those kind words. :o

krdahmer
November 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Got a sneak peek of the new kitty digs! :thumbs up You guys are gonna be floored at all the work they've been doing over there! ;)

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Got a sneak peek of the new kitty digs! :thumbs up You guys are gonna be floored at all the work they've been doing over there! ;)

:D I'm heading out now to do some work on it. Hopefully within a week, maybe two, everything will be done. Just in time for Old Man Winter.

chico2
November 9th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I can't wait to see it,oh,oh,that means room for more kitties:cat:

Chris21711
November 9th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Pics Please :D

Any update on how Teegan and Jade are doing :cloud9:

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I can't wait to see it,oh,oh,that means room for more kitties:cat:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: We shall see. It is really difficult to add new kitties to a colony. MiniMo is still having a few issues. She is a bit of a bully. But I make sure "her" house is available for her to go to when she feels overwhelmed by everything. It will be going inside the new house. The new guy may be getting added too if kr can't find his home. That will depend on a lot of things. Mainly what the vet says. :fingerscr

I have emailed my son but as of yet haven't heard back from him. If I don't hear soon I will give him a call. It's hard to catch that boy at home. He works way too hard!! :cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
November 9th, 2008, 09:10 PM
14+ wow! 19 acres? That is wonderful! I love your cattery, it is amazing! The lady we adopted the kids from had a little outside area that was attached to her porch her hubby made for her. Ever since I saw it I have been trying to figure out how we could fence in part of our backyard including the patio, so cats and dog and us could all use it in the summer.

I noticed the fence u have used, can't the cats squeeze thru the openings at the left end? I think there is a gate there? What kind of fencing did u use?

Those cats are very lucky to have u as their mommy! :)

Debbie

14+kitties
November 9th, 2008, 09:27 PM
It is a chain link fence. They can't get out the gate area. It's all closed in. It is going to be redone too as part of the renovations. We will be adding another 25 feet or so to the catuary.
Actually, most of the time they don't even try to get out. I have one that escapes. He is actually out now and I am worried about him. But he shows up when he decides. He does the impossible. Cats aren't supposed to be able to pull themselves along upside down to get out of an area. Someone forgot to tell him. The rest are quite happy in there with their house, trees, and freedom. It is actually quite a large area.
There is a new product out to contain cats in an area. It is quite pricey but seems to work quite well. I was looking for the site but my wireless isn't cooperating tonight. :frustrated: Just google fencing for cats and you should get it. Or you could fence in the area you want to use and then cover the top with chicken wire. It really does work to keep them in.

Tundra_Queen
November 10th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Thanks 14+ I googled cat fencing and got a whole list.... LOL Do u know what the fencing is called? Me and google don't seem to get along. :laughing:

We have link fencing on 2 of the sides of our yard and then wooden fencing on the other side, it's only 4 ft high so that's not high enough. But something could be added to make it taller.

I was also thinking of extending our patio out into the backyard and putting posts along the edge and attach fencing to that...still working on it though. Thought maybe son and I could build it...maybe. I will have to take a carpentry class, my skills aren't too great in that department. :laughing:

Debbie

14+kitties
November 10th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Tundra - this is the site I was talking about....

http://www.purrfectfence.com/outdoor_cat_enclosures.asp

There are also other ones out there that are similar. I think this is the first one though. We modeled ours after it.

ancientgirl
November 10th, 2008, 07:46 AM
"Houdini proof":laughing::laughing:

14+, I've seen that site before, that fence looks great. I've also seen a few sites with lots of different cat enclosures. I'd dearly love to give my gang something like that some day. I'd keep them inside anyway, but I'd love to be able to let them go outside now and then, just to let them run a bit and climb and just enjoy nature.

14+kitties
November 10th, 2008, 09:13 AM

Micheal emailed this morning finally. :D He said the kitties were a little skittish at first but are starting to settle down. I guess they are meowing at 3:30 in the morning. Hmmm, wonder why? That is around the time my hubby gets up and comes downstairs here. :D Oooopppsss!!!!!!

I have a more detailed request in now. I want to find out how Shawn is liking them despite their meowing. :eek: Hopefully they stop and find a better time to make noise. Like 6 PM!

Tundra_Queen
November 10th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Tundra - this is the site I was talking about....

http://www.purrfectfence.com/outdoor_cat_enclosures.asp

There are also other ones out there that are similar. I think this is the first one though. We modeled ours after it.

Thanks for posting the link. I will check it out.

Debbie :)