Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ugh!

krdahmer
October 31st, 2008, 08:20 PM
Well the last few weeks I have been watching a little kitty wandering my yard off and on.... didn't recognize him, very skitty and not wearing a collar of course. So the other day I ran in and got my treats (the ones I usually give CeCe the neighbourhood wanderer), put them down and when I walked away he gobbled them up, so I left more then started to throw them one at a time. Still wouldn't let me near though.

So tonight I'm sitting out handing out candy and I see him sneaking across the neighbours front lawn, and he walks right behind the neighbour's car that is backing out, so I jump up and run at him to scare him back and to yell for the neighbour to stop. Accident averted!:thumbs up Then he hangs around me, so I have the treats out so I give him some by the side of the house so the halloweeners won't scare him.... he finishes those and then comes up front for more, so I put down more then go in and get a can of Almo chicken and put that in a bowl for him, he sits right on the porch behind me, tricker treaters and all and gobbles the whole can. Then started to head butt my hand and back! He has definitely had a home at some point, and I never saw him in the summer just this fall, so I'm not sure if he's just an outdoor cat or a 'drop off' or 'left behind'. He'll let me get a couple pets in and then backs up growling and hissing. But then he comes right back and pushes his head against my hand.

So I turned out the lights, then snuck out the side door with the treats and the 'CeCe' collar (it is a safety collar with a tag I made up just saying Please Call and my number- worked to find CeCe's home so maybe :fingerscr)... I got it on him by putting down treats then sliding it under him and pulling it quick around his neck and closing it. He was NOT impressed, so say the three gashes in my hand from the swat I got later. I then fed him treats one at a time with a pet after each, after a while he got fed up and gave me a swipe. So I came in to shower and stuff for work tomorrow. The new neighbours next door finally cleaned out the back shed and have left the doors open, so I have a feeling he might be sleeping in there cause when I went back out that's where he was coming from.

I think he's fixed, can't be sure though as I didn't get a real good look, and I'm not sure about fleas.

Which is why if he has no home, or is lost, I can't take him in here, my guys have not been treated for fleas in months and I can't afford to, so I may be looking for fostering help as the HS here is a very kill shelter. I'm gonna check the paper and the local store for missing posters tomorrow and hope I get a call that he does have a home.

So far he is Kitty McCat....

Jim Hall
October 31st, 2008, 08:23 PM
good luck she looks in pretty good shape though

Love4himies
October 31st, 2008, 08:26 PM
I agree with Jim, looks like he is in pretty good shape, good luck in your search.

krdahmer
October 31st, 2008, 08:26 PM
That's what I thought too Jim, so the outside thing is recent I think. Poor thing was just famished tonight though, he'd eat anything I put in front of him.

krdahmer
October 31st, 2008, 08:28 PM
:lightbulb:With that colouring I bet 14+ wouldn't even notice a new addition! ;) :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 31st, 2008, 09:37 PM
:lightbulb:With that colouring I bet 14+ wouldn't even notice a new addition! ;) :laughing:

That was exactly what crossed hazel's mind! :laughing:

He's a cutie for sure, kr! I hope he finds home soon, either a past one or a future new one! :goodvibes:

Diamondsmum
October 31st, 2008, 09:51 PM
awwwwwwwwww What A cutie :) Good luck to him & you too

14+kitties
October 31st, 2008, 10:21 PM
Kr - you know where to bring him if no one claims him. The new cat house will be finished within a week. I can keep him in the garage in a crate until then, have a check done on him, check for neutering, and then see if he can be introduced to the gang.
I know you guys were joking about the colouring but I thought exactly the same thing when I first saw his pic. :p

Do you see any injuries on him? I am just wondering about the swats and hisses. It seems funny he would do that and then come back for more. Makes me think he has an injury somewhere. :shrug:

rainbow
November 1st, 2008, 04:55 AM
He's gorgeous :lovestruck: ...... are you sure he didn't hitch a ride back home with you from 14+kitties house? :D

Good luck with Kitty McCat :fingerscr :goodvibes:

krdahmer
November 1st, 2008, 03:15 PM
Kr - you know where to bring him if no one claims him. The new cat house will be finished within a week. I can keep him in the garage in a crate until then, have a check done on him, check for neutering, and then see if he can be introduced to the gang.
I know you guys were joking about the colouring but I thought exactly the same thing when I first saw his pic. :p

Do you see any injuries on him? I am just wondering about the swats and hisses. It seems funny he would do that and then come back for more. Makes me think he has an injury somewhere. :shrug:

:grouphug: Thanks, I've got no calls so far so I'll see if he comes back tonight to eat. He does seem to walk sort of hunched down, not sure if he's just nervous or if he's had a back end injury that may not have healed properly. I can't get a hold of the HS to see if anyone is missing a cat like him till monday. Checked the paper, and nothing there.... going to check the stores when we head out for groceries.

krdahmer
November 2nd, 2008, 11:55 PM
Didn't get a chance to sit out last night, but the food I left out was gone this morning. Had some neighbours over last night and the girl seemed to think he might belong to someone a street over, a house cat that got out weeks ago (with no one looking for him of course), so I asked her to check that out for me, and no word yet. Was out for a bit tonight and refilled the bowl of food, shaked the treat bag etc, but no luck.... I'd stay out longer but I worked a real shift today and my body is achy all over. So plan is to sit out about dinner time tomorrow for a while (hope the weather cooperates because i have no more gazebo- while trying to take the top off which was ripped anyhow, the frame snapped in two places! ... that's what I get for $69, two years... not bad really.) So Gerri might be seeing me after dinner tuesday.... with a guest! ;) Poor guy, I'm just glad the weather here hasn't been too bad, and that the shed next door is open for shelter, so at least he isn't starving or too much at the mercy of the elements.

It just scares me to know he was out Halloween and to not have seen him since.... but the food was eaten, hopefully by him. :fingerscr

krdahmer
November 3rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
Well no calls still, haven't seen him, the weather is crappy and none of the food got eaten last night. I'm thinking maybe the collar was a bad idea...:shrug: