Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Deer at Loch Tulla, nr Glenco

Brandykins
October 30th, 2008, 08:22 PM
My friend took this shot on our way home on Tuesday:) That deer was so tame!!

http://www.dejavuphoto.net/Photographs/Falloch-falls-Glen-etive-Glencoe-28th-October-08/rdeer.jpg

The Scottish mist was beginning to fall.

14+kitties
October 30th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Oh my, look at the antlers on that guy! Fantastic. I have always thought deer are one of the most beautiful animals we are blessed to have. Thanks for sharing.

rainbow
October 31st, 2008, 04:01 AM
WOW....you get really big deer over there. :D

Beautiful animal and great picture. :lovestruck:

Brandykins
October 31st, 2008, 05:54 AM
Oh my, look at the antlers on that guy! Fantastic. I have always thought deer are one of the most beautiful animals we are blessed to have. Thanks for sharing.

Many thanks 14+kitties - they are beautiful and that one was very tame! I think the deer are so used to tourists - it never budged an inch!

Take care.

Brandykins
October 31st, 2008, 06:14 AM
WOW....you get really big deer over there. :D

Beautiful animal and great picture. :lovestruck:

Many thanks Rainbow - the deer are big and beautiful and tame!!

Again, thank you:)

Love4himies
October 31st, 2008, 07:09 AM
Beautiful pic of the buck. I think Mr. Deer could feel he could trust you :lovestruck:.

Brandykins
October 31st, 2008, 08:56 AM
Aw thank you, Love4Himies:) It is the true Monarch of the Glen (we have a TV series over here called that and I bet it got its name from one of the stags!) He was such a friendly big beauty - I wanted to clap it but those antlers kind of put me off:)

Again, thank you.

Take care.

BenMax
October 31st, 2008, 09:21 AM
How beautiful! It just makes me wonder how people can hunt such a majestic creature. They are breathtaking. One of our directors hunts them and always forwards me a picture ....just to be an a**.

mona_b
October 31st, 2008, 10:05 AM
WOW,he is HANDSOME....:lovestruck:

And I LOVE the scenery.GORGEOUS

Brandykins
October 31st, 2008, 02:36 PM
How beautiful! It just makes me wonder how people can hunt such a majestic creature. They are breathtaking. One of our directors hunts them and always forwards me a picture ....just to be an a**.

Many thanks BenMax for your lovely comments and I will pass them onto my friend as he is the one who takes the pics:) (Mine never come out very well at all:))

I hate all hunting sports and I think it is about time that all of them were banned. It is against the law to have Fox hunting now but it still goes on behind the authorities backs!! I would love to put all the hunters in a field and hunt them and see how they like it!!

OK rant over:thumbs up

Brandykins
October 31st, 2008, 02:43 PM
WOW,he is HANDSOME....:lovestruck:

And I LOVE the scenery.GORGEOUS

He was so tame!! The tourists were taking loads of photos and I am sure he posed for each one of them!!

The scenery is breathtaking and those mountains are so big!!

Many thanks again for your lovely comments:)

Take care.

BenMax
October 31st, 2008, 02:48 PM
Many thanks BenMax for your lovely comments and I will pass them onto my friend as he is the one who takes the pics:) (Mine never come out very well at all:))

I hate all hunting sports and I think it is about time that all of them were banned. It is against the law to have Fox hunting now but it still goes on behind the authorities backs!! I would love to put all the hunters in a field and hunt them and see how they like it!!

OK rant over:thumbs up

I hear you. And you can rant about this since it deserves attention. I actually went on a hunting expedition once since I was challenged that it was not what I thought it would be. In order to form an opinion, I always force myself to experince or see an event. Well I saw and was horrified (as I thought I may).

Brandykins
November 1st, 2008, 08:29 AM
I hear you. And you can rant about this since it deserves attention. I actually went on a hunting expedition once since I was challenged that it was not what I thought it would be. In order to form an opinion, I always force myself to experince or see an event. Well I saw and was horrified (as I thought I may).

To see the wee fox with all those hounds and a lot of hunters on horseback running after it - I would love to take one of those hunters and make him run with a whole lot of foxes chasing him/her!! I live quite near where the "meets" used to take place - the "Master of the Hounds" in his red jacket and the hunters all on their horseback, taking a "nip" (glass of whisky) before they set off!! Makes me wonder if they sit on their brains!!

Same with deer stalking and killing. Some of the big estates breed them for hunting purposes too, I believe!! That's the landed gentry for you!!

Ah well, one day, it will all be banned!!

Take care and hope you have a lovely weekend!! We have sun again today!! That makes it a whole week of sunshine we have had on the West Coast of Scotland!! Change from the horrid wet summer we had!!