Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It finally happened !

Frenchy
October 28th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I knew this would happen !

I got home , got the dogs outside , came back inside to see what Nelly destroyed today (carpet and a the bed cover that was already damaged , a bit more every day) went back outside to play with them (Nelly came back in right away because of the rain) it was raining hard ,we didn't stay long.

Then I saw drops of blood on the kitchen floor , checked all paws (dogs and cats) nothing .... see more drops .... then I think , must check Nelly's tail. Yes , she banged her tail (the tip of it) somewhere and as she was waging her tail (it's like a whip and she loves to use it :laughing:) blood would splash everywhere :yell: walls , cupboards , fridge .... it wouldn't have been so bad if she was a chihuahua but she a great dane :yell: by the time I found out , it had stopped bleeding.

she hurt it outside because there was blood outside too. :confused:

If there's ever a murder at my home , CSI will find so much blood from the dogs , they will think I'm a serial killer !!!

babymomma
October 28th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Oh No frenchy :sad: How in the world would she make her tail bleed:confused:

About destroying stuff, do you think you will need to crate her again?

AmericanBullMom
October 28th, 2008, 08:23 PM
This reminds me of when took the DB's dog to the dog park alone and some how he got a small cut on his ear. When i got him back home and into the bath to clean it up, everytime he would shake his head blood would COVER the entire WHITE tiled wall... looked like a murder scene....

Sorry your baby got hurt! hope all is well!

MommaKat
October 28th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Oh Nelly :sad:

Don't know what to say other than :grouphug: and :goodvibes:

Frenchy
October 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
About destroying stuff, do you think you will need to crate her again?
I don't want too ... I know why she moved to the carpet , I put extra tabasco sauce last night on the bed frame and window sill :laughing:
looked like a murder scene....

It's seems to be the theme at my house ! The worst was when Sam lost an entire nail , omg ! Emergency clinic on a Sunday night .... cha ching !!!

aslan
October 28th, 2008, 08:29 PM
lol, i see your getting your story ready for when you really do commit a murder there,,, yup officer it's doggie blood really.

babymomma
October 28th, 2008, 08:32 PM
yup officer it's doggie blood really.

Yea, fur sure you'd get away with it too if you said that.. Laws around here dont giva Cr*p what your doing to your animals:frustrated::shrug:

Frenchy
October 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
lol, i see your getting your story ready for when you really do commit a murder there,,, yup officer it's doggie blood really.

:laughing: when my ex saw my yard ... and that I was in the middle of nowhere , he asked me if / how many ex's I buried in the back :laughing:

I don't know why people would think I could commit murder. :rolleyes: :D

Nelly is ok , she didn't feel a thing , I could tell by how quick she was wagging her tail , nooooooo Nelly don't be happy :eek:

aslan
October 28th, 2008, 08:36 PM
:eek: aaaaw poor nelly she has to be happy, her mommy is home.

mollywog
October 28th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Frenchy I can relate; Molly has pushed the boundaries of her newfound freedom so she is back to the crate for a while now. I just feel so bad leaving her in there all day :(
a list of some of the things she has chewed/ ripped up recently:
- 4 rolls of toilet paper
- a laminated map
- several pens
- a shotgun shell! Little "BBs" everywhere!
- fishing lures (just the jelly like plastic stuff, no hooks)
- a hardcover book
- a bar of soap (actually ate the whole thing)
so needless to say it is back to square one!
Glad to hear Nelly didn't seem to put off by all the blood!

babymomma
October 28th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Keely was left home a few weeks ago, with full run of the house for 2 and a hlaf hours.. GUess what she did!

Tore up 1 Tissue, that was on the floor anyways. :thumbs up I think she will be good for leaving home alone when she gets older (BTW- When would be the best time to start introducing that to her? 1 room at a time of course)

Frenchy
October 28th, 2008, 09:21 PM
- 4 rolls of toilet paper
- a laminated map
- several pens
- a shotgun shell! Little "BBs" everywhere!
- fishing lures (just the jelly like plastic stuff, no hooks)
- a hardcover book
- a bar of soap (actually ate the whole thing)

:eek:

At least Nelly damges the same things over and over again , and always in the room where she sees me leave in the morning. I don't want to close the door because I know the others sleep in this room all day. :shrug:
(BTW- When would be the best time to start introducing that to her? 1 room at a time of course)

Hard to tell .... I never had a puppy (other than when I was a kid) but you will have to make sure the house is fully puppy proof :dog:

mollywog
October 28th, 2008, 09:22 PM
she only got one single tissue? I would say that is a good sign!
I think rescue dogs are a lot more prone to separation anxiety, always worrying that they will be abandonded. so sad really.
I would say that it would be ok to leave Keely alone as soon as she is fully housetrained, that is, could she stay alone without any accidents for the whole time you would leave her alone at home?

mollywog
October 28th, 2008, 09:23 PM
oh and I forgot to mention the deal breaker- my husbands laptop charging cord! :eek: $85 later.... :wall: :wall: lesson learned.

Tundra_Queen
October 28th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Frenchy, I'm so sorry to hear about Nelly's destroying things and sorry to hear about her poor tail. I hope she is ok.

What kind of dog is she?

Debbie

babymomma
October 28th, 2008, 09:28 PM
MollyWog- Yep, She got 1 tissue, no accidents or anything:thumbs up We didnt intend to let her have run of the house, Before i left for school that morning i Brought keely in bed with matthew (BRO) and Told hime to put her in her kennel when he left. When he left he didnt put her in the kennel, instead he put her in the porch and put a gate across the porch door that my dad had made. He didnt know that she can totally puch it out of the way in 2 seconds flat:wall: Adn thats what ended up happening. I got a huge fright when i went to take her outta her kennel and she wasnt in there, instead i heard little feets jumping off my bed and runnning down the stairs to great me:rolleyes::laughing: (And another thing that frightened me is the fact that she isnt allowed to jump on and off my bed, im afraid she will hurt herself)

Sorry for Threadjacking frenchy:o

babymomma
October 28th, 2008, 09:28 PM
What kind of dog is she?

Debbie

GREAT DANE :eek:

mollywog
October 28th, 2008, 09:29 PM

ditto! :sorry:

Frenchy
October 28th, 2008, 09:33 PM
What kind of dog is she?

Debbie

Yep , a great dane , she's from a puppy mill so I understand about her anxiety. Other than that , she has come a long way and she's the sweetest dog :cloud9:

Threadjack away :laughing:

clm
October 28th, 2008, 09:33 PM
:laughing: when my ex saw my yard ... and that I was in the middle of nowhere , he asked me if / how many ex's I buried in the back :laughing:

I don't know why people would think I could commit murder. :rolleyes: :D

Nelly is ok , she didn't feel a thing , I could tell by how quick she was wagging her tail , nooooooo Nelly don't be happy :eek:

And did your ex then beat a hasty retreat in case you were thinking of adding him to your ex collection in the backyard? :laughing:
You should have put up a painting canvas and had Nelly do you a painting with that tail wagging. :laughing: Title "A tail of blood" :laughing: Imagine what you could have sold that for. :laughing:
My guys can barely wag their tightly wound little tails, Baxter can, Bentley can't move his at all......gotta like that. :D
Not a nice way to end the day for sure. I bet you had spray from that tail everywhere. Thank goodness she's okay though.

Cindy

Frenchy
October 28th, 2008, 09:43 PM
And did your ex then beat a hasty retreat in case you were thinking of adding him to your ex collection in the backyard? :laughing:

no but he looked very pale :laughing:

Title "A tail of blood" :laughing: Imagine what you could have sold that for. :laughing:

Darn , I could have made money :yell:
My guys can barely wag their tightly wound little tails, Baxter can, Bentley can't move his at all......gotta like that. :D

I never noticed your guy's tails !

Nelly's tail is like a whip , gotta be careful around her ! ouch !

Smiley14
October 28th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Oh my goodness, Frenchy! Poor Nelly! I have to admit, I did chuckle a little too though! I haven't had a dog with a long tail in so long, I forget about how much damage they can do! :eek:

14+kitties
October 28th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Awww poor Nelly! Poor tail! Can you wrap it up? But she would just take the wrap off again anyway. Poor girl. :sad: :fingerscr:goodvibes: it heals soon.
I have a whip here too. Samantha's tail is hard when she starts wagging it! Ouch!! I have had a few bruises from it.

mona_b
October 29th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Ohhhh Nelly,you silly girl.......LOL

My Aunt had a farm when I was growing up.She had 5 Danes,A Newfie and a St.Bernard...How do you think I felt being 6 and having 5 VERY happy Danes with "happy tails" around me.The bruises......:eek:

Love4himies
October 29th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Awww poor Nelly :grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
October 29th, 2008, 11:54 AM
A Great dane? Uh oh.......:laughing:

Do u have pics? I would love to see her.

Debbie

Purpledomino
October 29th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Oh boy Frenchy can I relate. Petie my eight month old Minpin terror is in major destruction mode right now. He has done more damage than all my other dogs put together...and that includes a Bullmastiff and a Dane!

He has dug holes in two of my walls, chewed through my daughters straightening iron cord in two different places (off thank God!) destroyed, and I mean DESTROYED a pair of my sons Armani prescription glasses that he took off his nightstand...chewed them up into tiny bits.

His latest thing is that he is going around to all my pine furniture, taking off the divets that cover the screwholes...then chewing them up. He ripped apart my daughters eighty dollar sweater, put a hole through my sons friends hat, tore the stuffing out of pretty much all his stuffies, destroyed the NEW Kong Wubba I bought him today in half an hour that I bought because I thought it was indestructable.

AND, this is just the tip of the iceberg....ONE tissue Babymomma?? Oh to be so lucky! :yell:

Frenchy
October 29th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Nelly's tail is ok , it didn't bleed again , yipeee ! :thumbs up

Purpledomino , I know I shouldn't but ......

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif

note to self : never , ever , offer to dogsit Petie , as he could teach Nelly a few new things to destroy :eek:

Frenchy
October 29th, 2008, 09:25 PM
A Great dane? Uh oh.......:laughing:

Do u have pics? I would love to see her.

Debbie

If I have pics ? :D ohhhh yes , but I won't go crazy and will only post one : here she is with her bro Bailey :

Purpledomino
October 29th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Nelly is gorgeous...I'm happy to hear her tail is better. I bet she would love a good romp with my Dane Abby, she is seven years old and as spry as a puppy. Bailey is a handsome fellow too, they look like best buds!

Purpledomino
October 29th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Ahhhh....yes, I forgot to mention that I'm looking for a dogsitter. Any takers?;)

hazelrunpack
October 29th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Aw, poor Nelly :grouphug:

I'm glad her tail didn't bleed again today! :highfive: I wonder what she whacked it on?

So was she good otherwise, today, too? As in "Look mom, I didn't chew anything up!" :o

hazelrunpack
October 29th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Ahhhh....yes, I forgot to mention that I'm looking for a dogsitter. Any takers?;)

Sure! The Pack will wear him out! :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

rainbow
October 30th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Poor Nelly. :grouphug: Happy tail syndrome is so hard to treat......I hope she doesn't have any more tail whacking episodes before it heals. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Sylvie
October 30th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Oh my gosh French they are so beautiful. :cloud9:

Frenchy
October 30th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Nelly is gorgeous...I'm happy to hear her tail is better. I bet she would love a good romp with my Dane Abby, she is seven years old and as spry as a puppy. Bailey is a handsome fellow too, they look like best buds!

They like each others company but only Sam would play with Nelly :sad: and Bailey would only play with Sam. He has tried the last few days to play with Chloe , but she doesn't look interested. :shrug:

But I wish I could find someone with a younger , bigger dog so Nelly could have play dates.

Frenchy
October 30th, 2008, 09:32 PM
For the great dane sure !!! But for your mini monster .... :laughing:
Aw, poor Nelly :grouphug:

I'm glad her tail didn't bleed again today! :highfive: I wonder what she whacked it on?

So was she good otherwise, today, too? As in "Look mom, I didn't chew anything up!" :o

It's been almost 2 years that Nelly is here (can't believe she's still not legally mine :yell:) and this is her first tail incident , I think it's good !! And only today was the first day without any destruction :thumbs up

Frenchy
October 30th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Oh my gosh French they are so beautiful. :cloud9:

Thanks Sylvie :o

hazelrunpack
October 30th, 2008, 11:32 PM
If you can't find a dog bigger than Nelly for a playdate...perhaps 8 that weigh more all together can wear her out. :thumbs up Any time, Frenchy, any time! :D

Frenchy
November 1st, 2008, 12:21 AM
If you can't find a dog bigger than Nelly for a playdate...perhaps 8 that weigh more all together can wear her out. :thumbs up Any time, Frenchy, any time! :D

So everyone has witness what Hazel posted ? I can legally dognap all 8 right ? :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
November 1st, 2008, 12:25 AM
So everyone has witness what Hazel posted ? I can legally dognap all 8 right ? :thumbs up

I was thinking more of a Nellynapping :D Easier to transport one than 8! :laughing:

Frenchy
November 1st, 2008, 12:36 AM
I was thinking more of a Nellynapping :D Easier to transport one than 8! :laughing:

na ah , LP still has the moving truck :D

Luvmypitgirls
November 1st, 2008, 01:03 PM
Frenchy,
I can so relate to this!
Abby, splits her tail tip all the time. I don't even bother taping it or anything anymore because she will chew it off and as soon as someone walks in the house she splits it again.
I too, have blood splatter up the walls, even measured the highest splatter mark, 6'3 up the wall lmao.
I used to wash my walls every time it happened, which was far too often, so now I just do it one a week, unless it's really bad.

A couple of weeks ago I went to Linen n' Things, and I purchased 4 bedding ensembles, I put one on our bed and was just thrilled by the way it looked.
Well hubby left the bedroom door open and Abby snuck in to lounge on the bed, which is fine BUT she decided that my new bedding looked tasty I guess because she chewed three very large holes in it. The only saving grace is that it is on the underneath side of the comforter, so I am able to patch it without it showing. Still, I was soooooo pissed off, I wanted to smack her butt but she gave me this "What's wrong Mom" look and I couldn't stay mad at her. (No I wouldn't have hit her regardless, just an expression).

Abby, also "chewed and ripped" the carpet from my bedroom door to approximately 2-3 ft back the other day. We are in the process of replacing the carpet in the house with laminate so it's not that big of a deal, but still ..rather annoying:frustrated:

Frenchy
November 1st, 2008, 04:54 PM
I too, have blood splatter up the walls, even measured the highest splatter mark, 6'3 up the wall lmao.

:eek: I think you may want to bubble wrap Abby's tail ! We're pretty lucky it only happened once with Nelly :goodvibes:

Yes Nelly loves bed covers too :frustrated: went through a couple now .... and window sills , and I have no carpet left in the laundry room , and , and , and :laughing: