Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found a kitteh!

onster
October 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM

*aaachooo*

lol. I cant cuddle with the new arrival b/c I pretty much broke into hives after being with him for 5 mins.

Onnie found him :lovestruck:, he was meowing like MAD and I thought it was visitor man but then I saw this floofy, persian looking kitteh on the deck. Ran straight into the house when I opened the door.

Im conflicted though because no collar but looks soooo clean so I doubt he's been out long or that he's an outdoor cat (maybe he's indoor outdoor?) and now hes meowing to go outside.

Ummm did I just steal a kitteh? :eek:. ....Cant keep him of course to its off to the humane society tomorrow I guess.

Love4himies
October 28th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Oh, onster, this kitty was probably not been outside for long. Wonder if he/she excaped it's collar or was an inside only kitty.

onster
October 28th, 2008, 05:17 PM
leaning towards indoor only that escaped?

I could keep it in a seperate room for a few days while I put up posters/take it to my vet to check for a chip b4 I turn into the HS (HS is overflowing with kitties now and is not no kill :sad:) Ill report it to the HS eitehr way.

I really hope he has a microchip..he's neutered. Declawed front. Very hungry but restless (wants out).

onster
October 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM
OH CR@P. My mom found he has fleas :yell:.

Looks like Im gonna need to apply advantage on my kitties after this is all done.

Love4himies
October 28th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Declawed and wants out, OMG, I hope the owners weren't allowing their kitty outside.:mad:

14+kitties
October 28th, 2008, 05:27 PM
That's weird. I just posted and it doesn't show up. :shrug:
Anyway, I am hoping he is an escapee. Let's hope the owners didn't let a declawed kitty out on his own. Poor sweetie. Hopefully you find owners soon. :fingerscr:goodvibes:

MommaKat
October 28th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I think it's great you brought him in, It's getting really wet and cold lately. He's gorgeous, I hope that his owners are looking for him and they don't let him out on his own normally :sad:

Diamondsmum
October 28th, 2008, 05:42 PM
awww onster. Check kiiji maybe he was posted? or which area are ya in? and Ill check ;)

What a cutie tho

Karin
October 28th, 2008, 11:21 PM
When I worked in animal control many years ago...My lessons.

Lesson number 1, If a cat is lost, and does not come home within 24 hours, this cat cannot because...
1) Cannot come home because someone else found, and keeps indoors.
2) Cannot come home because they are deceased , i.e. hbc etc.
3) Cannot come home because someone else found , and keeps indoors.

hazelrunpack
October 28th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Pretty kitty, onster! I hope he turns out to be microchipped! :goodvibes:

What do onnie and bunduk think of their visitor? :eek:

14+kitties
October 29th, 2008, 07:30 AM
When I worked in animal control many years ago...My lessons.

Lesson number 1, If a cat is lost, and does not come home within 24 hours, this cat cannot because...
1) Cannot come home because someone else found, and keeps indoors.
2) Cannot come home because they are deceased , i.e. hbc etc.
3) Cannot come home because someone else found , and keeps indoors.

Are #'s 1 & 3 supposed to be the same?
In my experience and stories from Pets if a cat does not come home s/he is too busy exploring, looking for a mate :frustrated:, too afraid to move from where they originally hid, has been picked up and taken to a HS. That is added to your list.
If a cat is "lost" they could also have been dumped.

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2008, 08:13 AM
What a handsome guy. It's a shame he was out like that, especially being declawed. I really hope you can find the owners. Hopefully he wasn't just dumped.

mollywog
October 29th, 2008, 08:16 AM
aww too bad about the fleas! I hope you find his home soon.
When I first saw the picture, I thought it was gonna be another LOLcats thread... he kinda looks like he needs a caption!!!!

Love4himies
October 29th, 2008, 09:09 AM
How is kitty today, Onster?

BenMax
October 29th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Are #'s 1 & 3 supposed to be the same?
In my experience and stories from Pets if a cat does not come home s/he is too busy exploring, looking for a mate :frustrated:, too afraid to move from where they originally hid, has been picked up and taken to a HS. That is added to your list.
If a cat is "lost" they could also have been dumped.

Yeppers!

If someone cares enough, they contact all shelters, animal controls, vet clinics and not to mention lots of posters. Anything short of that - the people really don't care.

There are very very few people who will go the extra mile to remove an animal from a potentially dangerous situation.

So in my opinion a cat does not come home because someone took him barely makes it on the list.

onster
October 29th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Bunduk is scared of the room new guy is in and made sure to cuddle next to me last night.

Onnie wants to play I think.

Anyways, update:

Cat has no chip. I definately wont let cat out to find his way home because I could never forgive myself if something happened and also there is a fresh layer of snow :frustrated: on the ground. I got advantage for him and my kitties ...vet said that legally I shouldnt be giving any medical treatment cuz its up to owner but I cant have him in my house infecting the house and my kitties with fleas. Plus he seems so uncomfortable scratching all the time.

I called the HS as well as the the vets in my area..no report of a lost white cat at all but they have my contacts should someone ask. HS too over loaded to take a kitty now, they said best thing would be for me to keep kitty for a little bit. I checked kijiji too and craigslist but nothing. Il probably put up a few posters but without a pic cuz hes such a beauty that Im afraid others will just want to take him.

Oh and he's not neutered :yell: He just was sooo furry and his bits were kinda small I thought he was neutered..apparantely he's just young. WHo the hell declaws and doesnt neuter??!

:yell:

Looks like said visitor will have to stay for a bit...

onster
October 29th, 2008, 10:46 AM
oh and DM im in the kitchener-waterloo area....thanks for the offer to check:goodvibes:, but I already did. Maybe u can look again to see if I missed something? :thankyou:!

Anyhoo I gots to run, gotta go to class but when I come back ill probably put something up in the lost section on this site.

Thanks everyone!

BenMax
October 29th, 2008, 11:26 AM
De-clawed and not neutered...oh that is rich. Yep makes sense: 'no kitty you can't scratch my couch now that you have no first knuckle - but hey feel free to urinate everywhere...and while you are out fending off other cats and dogs that may not like you - please find as many females to impregnate....we need more unwanted kittens".

I was at the vets last week and she told me that this practice happens more than we know. How disturbing is this???

NoahGrey
October 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM
OH CR@P. My mom found he has fleas :yell:.

Looks like Im gonna need to apply advantage on my kitties after this is all done.

That and fumigate your house. Fleas like to hide in the carpet and can live in your carpet for 2 years. Even a few fleas can turn into hundreds in a short little while. Wash all bedding, clothing, etc.

And revolution is better and lasts longer. Also, it kills other parasites, such as some worms.

ACO22

onster
October 29th, 2008, 11:39 AM
The whole main floor isn't carpeted and its the only place he's been (now set up in the laundry room). We do have persian carpets but I dont know about fumigating the house!!! I have asthma :eek:. Im sure itll be fine. At least I hope so. :fingerscr

Thats crazy that its becoming common benmax. How insane is that.

Anyhoo class just started..time to switch off laptop.

Love4himies
October 29th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Not neutered and declawed :eek: :yell: :wall:

As for the vet that doesn't recommend meds for the fleas, that is what happens in a society that sues for every little thing. Don't help, don't touch, don't interfere, not your business, may get sued :sad:

KarenC
October 29th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I hope you find his owners and then slap them silly.

Love4himies
October 29th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I hope you find his owners and then slap them silly.

:laughing::laughing:

BenMax
October 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
May get sued is my 'favourite'. So what is the message here - look the other way, don't care about those that need help, ignore animals in distress and what about the 'owner' - should they not get the wallet dipped into for abandoning or leaving animals out alone to fend for themselves? Honestly!

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Oy, it's illegal to medicate the cat, that's the owners call. Well the owner was irresponsible enough to declaw a cat, not neuter it and not be watchful enough to make sure he doesn't get outside. What if the poor cat had a broken leg, or open wound? L4H, sadly you are correct. Our society is such that you don't even want to risk helping an animal or person in need because you might loose your pants!

I really hope you are able to find his home. Thankfully he wound up at your doorstep.:D

kathryn
October 29th, 2008, 12:19 PM
This isn't the first time I've heard of cats being de-clawed but not fixed :frustrated: Sometimes they get dumped off at shelters like that.

And where I live, legally the animal becomes your property if you have it for 7 days and no one claims it. :shrug: I've asked about the legality of me trapping 'stray' cats and fixing them. As long as it's on your property and not wearing any identification, you can do whatever you want to it, then it can become your property. Might just be the rules for around here though.

MommaKat
October 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM
...vet said that legally I shouldnt be giving any medical treatment cuz its up to owner but I cant have him in my house infecting the house and my kitties with fleas. Plus he seems so uncomfortable scratching all the time.

Deny, Deny, Deny :rolleyes:

Your protecting a un-neutered declawed cat from starving or freezing to death or getting eaten, I would not mention the flea treatment to the "owners" if you find them.

Make sure whoever comes to claim him, your absolutely sure they are the owners ;)

onster
October 29th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I best not get sued for this :frustrated:

U know L4H, as much as I am proud to be Canadian, one thing I truly love about my Egyptian culture is there's no fear of being sued. U just do whats right and anyone will help u on the street if u need help u know? But here I am worried to do that....I dont want to offend anyone, must be careful.

Snowball (christened by my little brother) is doing ok now. He still wants out..maybe he smells a female in heat? Rather annoying. I cant cuddle with him b/c im reacting quite badly to him.

I think I will end up taking him to the cambridge humane society (much better adoption rate).

Love4himies
October 29th, 2008, 06:53 PM
U know L4H, as much as I am proud to be Canadian, one thing I truly love about my Egyptian culture is there's no fear of being sued. U just do whats right and anyone will help u on the street if u need help u know?

And that is the way it should be.