Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Runaway dog evades captors at Boston airport

Melinda
October 28th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Runaway dog evades captors at Boston airport for 17 hours; 8 flights delayed

BOSTON - An escaped dog is being blamed for delaying at least eight flights over a 17-hour period at Boston's Logan International Airport.

Officials say a poodle named Choochy escaped from her kennel Saturday night as she was being unloaded after a flight from Detroit. The dog then scampered across runways and taxiways, evading airport personnel for more than 17 hours.

About 15 state police, along with firefighters, operations personnel and even electricians chased Choochy late into the night, delaying flights for up 30 minutes.

Airport spokesman Phil Orlandella says the "runway runaway" - by this time tired and hungry - was finally lured to safety with food early Sunday afternoon.

Choochy was treated for minor injuries at an animal hospital and returned to her owners.

BenMax
October 28th, 2008, 11:16 AM
YOu know - I personally get ticked off when someone runs out of gas on the bridge and causes traffic jams...but this - I think I would be more understanding.

Poor baby must have been terrified. 7 hours of running - can you imagine??

Melinda
October 28th, 2008, 11:29 AM
especially with that many people chasing you, no wonder he kept running

glasslass
October 28th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I'm glad it ended well. This reminds me, was the champion greyhound that got loose and lost at the airport a couple year or so ago ever found?