Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm disgusted

Kai'smom
October 28th, 2008, 03:36 AM
(I'm not posting the pictures they are just too terrible to look at).
I received this in my inbox today.

Dear Friends & Colleagues,

I was horrified and shocked to see the article in the Daily Voice
yesterday about Tammy, a dog that had been burnt so badly by her owners.

The owners wanted to punish her for jumping over the wall into the
neighbours place. They fetched her and put her in her kennel and set it
alight.

I am not sure how many of you have seen the pictures. As an animal lover
it brought tears to my eyes because she was burnt so badly. The SPCA had
to put her down.

The SPCA have removed the other 2 dogs from these people and are pressing
criminal charges against them. I am therefore appealing to all animal
lovers to please add your name to the petition so that the owners are
given the maximum punishment befitting to them.

I have spoken with the Daily Voice, and we have an agreement that they
will forward the signatures to the SPCA to use in the prosecution of these
people. PLEASE, if you agree, please sign the petition and forward to as
many contacts as possible.

Every 500 signatures, please return to me: This will then be forwarded to the Daily Voice who in turn will forward it
to the SPCA.

Thank you and regards,
Hillary

babymomma
October 28th, 2008, 09:30 AM
That is Disgusting... Sickens me. I cannot even yell at my dog without breaking into tears afterwards, let alone light her on fire??!!!!

BenMax
October 28th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I cannot imagine - so I am curious as to what the 'laws' will do....when are the governments going to GET IT! This is absolutely disgusting.

RIP pup and may your 'handlers' get theirs when it comes judgement time.

hazelrunpack
October 28th, 2008, 10:36 AM
:cry:

:candle: Tammy

COCO350
October 28th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Like you said Benmax, these people will eventually be judged for their actions!
Poor dog was helpless and cannot defend itself, I cannot comprehend cruelty...what makes a person react this way???

NoahGrey
October 28th, 2008, 12:16 PM
This is very upsetting. How people can treat our domestic AND farm animals, wildlife,exotics. I hope these individuals get what they deserve.

RIP buddy.

ACO22

krdahmer
October 28th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Did I miss where you said this petition is? I definitely want to add my name! :evil::censored:!!! :cry: :rip::dog:

ancientgirl
October 28th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Thank you for not posting pictures. I couldn't have handled them.

Poor girl. No animal deserves anything like that to happen to them, especially from the very people who are supposed to protect them.

To me, people like that are less than garbage. I have no feelings for them, and should they suffer a similar fate, I would shed no tears for them.

RIP sweet girl.:rip:

Janellieann
October 28th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Where is the petition? As an animal lover this makes me sick to my stomach and brings tears to my eyes just reading this, but torturing animals is a starting point for torturing humans and these people need to have the maximum sentence.

:rip: Sweet Girl

Kai'smom
October 29th, 2008, 06:40 AM
This has got loads of media coverage and hopefully, thankfully (albeit a little late) something can be done about these monsters. Apparently they have been driven out of their home with bricks through their windows, hate mail and their cars vandalised. While I dont condone criminal activity especially as they have children in their house, they will never do anything like this again now they have been named and shamed.
I filled the email petition and sent on. Its deleted from my inbox (as we arent really supposed to be doing personal stuff at work so I "CYA".
Just email the ladies address shown in the post. I beleive friends at work are also emailing from New Zealand and Oz.

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I can't say I feel bad for them.

COCO350
October 29th, 2008, 10:30 AM
And they have children also??? What if the children saw what they did!!!
If I saw my parents do such a cruel thing I would be traumatized and scared of them! :yell:

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Who knows what these kids have seen. Kids are impressionable. They might even think it's okay, because they saw mommy and daddy do it.:sad:

bendyfoot
October 29th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Just so y'all know, this story is actually pretty old and the email has been circulating for some time:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20060607112728545C404208

eta: not that it makes it any less horrific, but I imagine any petition/legal action is over...

Capt. Jack
October 29th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Just so y'all know, this story is actually pretty old and the email has been circulating for some time:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20060607112728545C404208

eta: not that it makes it any less horrific, but I imagine any petition/legal action is over...

Out of concern for our members (we don't want anyone scammed), I am closing this thread.