Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How to Find Raw Supplier?

Laylapet
October 28th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Hi there,

I live in Chicago and wanted to know how I can find a supplier in my area. I'm extremely new to this so I don't really know where to start or if this is even feasible in a big city. Where can I locate a supplier?

If anyone from the area could recommend someone that would be even better.

I am especially interested in finding a raw supplier of green tripe - I've been using the canned stuff with my kibble and love the results!

jessi76
October 28th, 2008, 09:14 AM
you could search the yellow pages, search online, ask the local vets, groomers, and/or high end pet supply shops for recommendations. A good butcher is probably easy to find, and may be cheaper than a raw foods supplier. I do know some suppliers will ship directly to you though, so you don't necessarily have to use a local one.

Laylapet
October 28th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Thanks. I have tried online with no luck so far. I'm trying to find something local to avoid the outrageous shipping costs that I'm seeing online.

There are some good butchers around here; I'll look into that. None of the ones I've found so far will do green tripe though.

totallyhip
October 28th, 2008, 10:31 PM
If you go to yahoo groups there is a raw feeding suppliers group that you can source out places for.

Another good place I've always found is Chinatown. Cheap and always a good selection :) though they don't do green tripe...just the bleached stuff

flipgirl4
October 29th, 2008, 01:20 AM
If you go to a butcher, be sure to ask if he leaves the meat on the bones. That is, if you give your dog raw bones. Many butchers will take the meat off the bone before selling them to you. Or go to your local grocery store and ask the meat person if they can give you a deal if you buy in bulk.

Goldens4Ever
October 29th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Hi there,

I live in Chicago and wanted to know how I can find a supplier in my area. I'm extremely new to this so I don't really know where to start or if this is even feasible in a big city. Where can I locate a supplier?

If anyone from the area could recommend someone that would be even better.

I am especially interested in finding a raw supplier of green tripe - I've been using the canned stuff with my kibble and love the results!

If you're interested in Primal and/or Nature's Variety raw lines, look on their websites to find retailers in your area - I'm sure there's tons! :)

totallyhip
October 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Here is the link for the yahoo group. You can find all sorts of suppliers here in different areas if you want to make your own.

I do because its way cheaper than buying it from a pet store or a raw dog food place.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/CarnivoreFeed-Supplier/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=7

pitgrrl
October 29th, 2008, 02:28 PM
http://www.greentripe.com/