Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog started to pee in house?

SPEEDYGO
October 27th, 2008, 04:26 PM
hello all i got a question my male dog just started pissing in the house.he just turn 2yrs old he started this when he was 20months,my question is what would trigger this or how can i stop this?i also have a female but she is fine she is fix he is not he was doing great b4 but now he piss evn when we are around help plx

Diamondsmum
October 27th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Hiya SpeedyGO,

Has the Dog been to a vet to rule out health issue?

totallyhip
October 27th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Could be a urinary tract issue. Better take him to the vet to find out for sure

babymomma
October 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
suggest a vet visit too..

SPEEDYGO
October 27th, 2008, 05:57 PM
ok if he had urinary tract issue he would also pee in his cage?not on furniture and my daughter room only

totallyhip
October 27th, 2008, 10:00 PM
hmmmm good question.....maybe its behavioural. But best to check with the vet just in case.

14+kitties
October 27th, 2008, 10:07 PM
ok if he had urinary tract issue he would also pee in his cage?not on furniture and my daughter room only

Not necessarily. Take him to the vet and have him checked out. It is possible there is something going on. We aren't vets. We can't give you a definitive answer as to why he is urinating (it's such a nicer word) on furniture and in your daughter's room. It could be behavioural. It could be an infection. It could be reaction to an unspayed female in your area that he can smell. You did say he is 2 years old and unneutered.
He needs to see a vet to rule out infections. Dogs don't usually start urinating out of the blue without a reason.

Purpledomino
October 28th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Sounds to me like he is marking, a totally natural thing for an unaltered dog to do. A vet visit should be in order regardless, if it's a urinary infection....or in the likely case that he is marking... to neuter him.

SPEEDYGO
October 28th, 2008, 04:19 PM
if i get him neuter would he stop pissing in the spot he marked?i think he is marking his spot cause when he tries to hump female she always come to me for rescue lol i dont know

14+kitties
October 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM
if i get him neuter would he stop pissing in the spot he marked?i think he is marking his spot cause when he tries to hump female she always come to me for rescue lol i dont know

You will need to clean very very well with a cleaner with no amonia in it. You can get great cleaners at pet stores now. Nature's Miracle, etc. You still have no guarantee.

kathryn
October 28th, 2008, 05:43 PM

Most likely. When I got my last dog, he was not neutered and pee'd all over the place. He was around 5+ years old when we got him as well. We got him neutered and then he was okay. This was when I was younger though, but I do clearly remember that all his behavioral issues 100% cleared up after we got him fixed.

You do need to buy something with enzymes in it that will break down the stink. My store sells Urine Off!.
http://www.urineoff.com/Dogs.php

Hope that helps.

SPEEDYGO
October 28th, 2008, 07:56 PM
thx alot for info and replys guys