Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Snow Removal services

onster
October 27th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Ok, so every year the company that does the snow removal for us increases its prices and so far weve went along with it because yes, the gas prices are increasing and all.

Just got our estimate for this year, its $40 higher this year (which is about $40 higher than last year)---weve used them for both lawn and snow removal for about 6 years and each yr they keep going up and up. My mom wanted me to argue with them that theyre going up too much....but is 40 bucks at a time 2 much? I first told her well gas prices are going up of course they have to go up each year and she said fine....then I thought 40 dollars from each customer is kind of a lot!! Dont u think?

Is this too much? Or is it just the way of the times *grumble* :frustrated: and should I just send off the money?

Diamondsmum
October 27th, 2008, 11:59 AM
onster, Do you pay upfront for the year?

onster
October 27th, 2008, 12:02 PM
yep we do (also usually pay early to get a bit of a discount). One year they only came twice (didnt snow badly) but we still pay the full amount.

what Im wondering really is whether 40 dollars per customer increase seems proportional to the gas price increase (which they say is the reason for increasing prices).

Love4himies
October 27th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Not only gas costs have gone up, but insurance may have too. Those trucks are only getting about 10 miles to the gallon, lol.

Chris21711
October 27th, 2008, 12:16 PM
If it's $40 extra for the whole year Onster and they have to come out 10 times then it is only $4 a pop - now if they only have to come once then it is pricey, but you never know how much it is going to snow. Here is a gentle reminder. :laughing:

Diamondsmum
October 27th, 2008, 12:22 PM
WOW! I would get some comparable quotes fom other companies. I know a company That we used to use would refund us if they came less then 5x. I would check around tho onster.

onster
October 27th, 2008, 11:07 PM
thanks guys..good to know the price increase isnt crazy.

I will ask them what happens if we have a mild winter again (i doubt it tho..brrrrrrr)