Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Farts of doom

ashtoreth
October 27th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I've been giving Titus Orijen (Puppy, Large breed) since I got him and well everything is nice. But I was wondering if It was the cause of his.... deadly farts

I'm telling you, they are worse than Saddam's Mustard Gas and Auschwitz Chambers during the holocaust -_-;. Now, if it was once a day it could be manageable, however, unfortunately, its not, it's in fact pretty common. (sometime its hilarious though, like when its noisy, he looks at his butt all confused :laughing:)

Now before I had him, he was on Iams Smart puppy, but I'm someone who's against Iams (I wont start explaining why though, unless asked ;)

His poops are perfect though (except when friends gives him too much treats, then he gets liquid-ish poop., but i heard huskies had sensitive stomachs ;). Honestly I'm willing to pay a lot for good food, and but his farts are really....bad. :yuck: :eeew:

totallyhip
October 27th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Add some plain yogurt to his food. this helps with the gas. I have 3 boxers and you want to talk about gas? LOL sometimes they even leave the room b/c its so bad :yuck:

babymomma
October 27th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Omg, I can only imagine what your going though with such a big dog, because My yorkshire terrier has the deadliest farts (She doesnt realize she is supposed to be a lady).. She is on eagle pack holistic select but we will be switching to wellness soon, so i hope that will work. Maybe there is soething in his food that makes him gassy?:shrug: x 1 million

I wish you luck on trying to find a cure for the deadly farts! lol

Just wanted to add. We were taking care of my neighbors German sheoherd, and when keely(yorkie) farted, casey(GSD) got up and moved as far away from her as possible..lol... I dont know if she moved because of the fart or not, but it was pretty funny to watch! haha

ashtoreth
October 27th, 2008, 02:14 PM
ooo yogourt eh? I'll read into it :)

Maybe I should change food, but I have no idea what brand :S

satchelp
October 27th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Prozyme works well for eliminating gas.

totallyhip
October 27th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Yes try the yogurt first and see if it helps. Yogurt is a probiotic :)

zomo
October 27th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Just a thought but are the dog biscuits that you are feeding your dog grain free? Orijen is a grain free food and at first my dogs had monster :frustrated:gas but with time it went away. Saying that I also make sure that their biscuits are grain free. And yes Boxer farts can clear a room ewwwwwwwwww! :lol:

onster
October 27th, 2008, 11:18 PM
If the yoghurt doesnt work (been there, tried that) maybe reconsider his food...my cat had Horrrrrible stinky gas on Orijen. After I switched to wellness and he's no longer sir fart a lot....but it might also be a function of him growing up, might be a stage ure pup will grow out of.

Karin
October 28th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I read the title and thought you all were talking about me again.

Sorry, go back to your regular scheduled program.

totallyhip
October 28th, 2008, 01:34 AM
LOL Karin your a hoot!!! :crazy:

Zomo your boxers look beautiful. Do you have anymore pictures?

Kai'smom
October 28th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Dont give your dog Mexican take out! Thats all im going to say on the matter:laughing:

ashtoreth
October 28th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Just a thought but are the dog biscuits that you are feeding your dog grain free? Orijen is a grain free food and at first my dogs had monster :frustrated:gas but with time it went away. Saying that I also make sure that their biscuits are grain free. And yes Boxer farts can clear a room ewwwwwwwwww! :lol:

dried liver, no grain :S

Gail P
October 29th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I've heard that adding some ground fennel to the diet can help, but I can't remember how much, sorry. :shrug:

Soter
November 9th, 2008, 04:42 PM
soz, no advice but honestly, that is
hilarious!!!

:crazy:

It must be a terribly stinky gas house :laughing: