Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Garden Solar Lights no longer light up :-(

diandpat
October 26th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Don't know if this is the right place to ask this and if it is not please feel free to move it.

This is probably a really stupid question but I have those solar garden lights in front and back yards and there are only about two of them left that actually light up. I have only had them for two years. Are they finished or is there a battery (?) or something I can buy to make them work again??? I really really like the ones in the back garden as they change colors and I looked for more this year and could not find them.

Is it hopeless or is there hope?

clm
October 26th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Most of them you can replace the batteries. Rechargable AA's normally. Usually located on the underside of the cap.

Cindy

Melinda
October 27th, 2008, 07:10 AM
home depot sells solar light batteries, I changed mine 6 yrs ago with them and they are still going strong

Kai'smom
October 27th, 2008, 08:23 AM
When mine stopped working, my dad came round and wiped the panel clean. It gets dirty and can sometimes stop them from working. So wipe the panel when you charge or change the batteries, just in case! I was called "blonde" for not checking that myself, so you can look intelligent by mentioning it first!!!!

Winston
October 27th, 2008, 10:22 AM
yep I have em too...battieries easily replaced...