Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My cat... Roadkill?

bcalamity
October 26th, 2008, 02:46 PM
If you guys remember I lost Mishka in the summer on June 18th 2008... She was a grey and white cat around 8 years of age... I haven't found her since.

Today I was driving back home with my dad from lunch in the rain. On the side of the road I noticed what looked like a dead cat. The color patterns reminded me of mishka although I could only see the belly. I haven't gotten the chance to drive back to check as I don't drive...

Does anyone know a number to contact in Markham for roadcrews or people responsible for picking up roadkill? I would like to call them if she's gone by the time I get to go back and look...

:cry:

NoahGrey
October 26th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Why didn't you pull over and look?

ACO22

bcalamity
October 26th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I wasn't driving and it was a main, busy road... I might try to walk it although it's probably an hour walk....

NoahGrey
October 26th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Have you called Markam Animal Control? If they don't do it, they can probably point you in the right direction.

I wasn't driving and it was a main, busy road... I might try to walk it although it's probably an hour walk....

I know the road is busy..but most have shoulders. That is just me..but I am stuburn. Hope it is not your kitty. Even if it is not, when you know you should call the depart and let them know. Someone may have called in a lost repost on the Roadkill Kitty.

ACO22

bcalamity
October 26th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I will try to call Markham Animal controls tomorrow since the website says their office hours are only mondays to fridays...

I know what you mean about being stubborn... but I've just become cautious with mentioning Mishka related topics with the family because they all believe that I should be over it by now. I'd rather not have them be judgemental than ask for their help at this point... so either I'm gonna try to find a friend willing to drive me up to the area to look or I'm gonna walk or take the bus...

Love4himies
October 26th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I hope it was not your kitty. :fingerscr :grouphug:

I would have been screaming at the driver to stop. When Misty a stray kitty I was feeding got hit by a car and was on the side of the road I screamed at DH to stop the car, it was July 1 long weekend on the 1000 Island Parkway, talk about bumper to bumper traffic.

Some people think that pets are not part of the family, but they are for many. I hope your kitty comes home soon.

bcalamity
October 26th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Thank you.

I hope it's not her either...
It would kill me to find out she'd been so close to home all this time and I wasn't able to find her... At the same time, if it is her I want to know because the not knowing will kill me.

erykah1310
October 26th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I stop and look at dead cats I think may be my Fuzzer muffin still... she is no where to be found after looking and looking.
Each time i stop and look at road kill, it kills me a little inside thinking it may be her, so far, it hasn't.
Its been a good year and half atleast ( prolly closer to 2 years) since I lost her, so no you should not be over it yet.
If you are like me, until you know what happened, you will never be over it.
I hope it wasn't her on one hand, but on the other, if it is, atleast it will be closure for you.
{{hugs}}