Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The boys trip to the vet today

clm
October 25th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I'm so glad the vet is so close to us, they both just hate the car ride. They love the vet though. Baxter is now 57 pounds, Bentley is 41. Vet thinks they're in terrific health and was impressed with how good their coats look too. He was happy with my mix of kibble and home made food, he's come a long way that vet. He still sells the usual Hills prescription diet stuff, but has educated himself on grain free foods and likes the kibbles I have the boys on and likes the mix of meats and veggies I feed them as well.
He still thinks that Baxters allergies are seasonal, since we've had a few really good frosts his itching and sores on the inside of his legs have subsided substantially. Baxters eyes were a little wattery today, but I was sneezing like crazy outside today, so there is still a lot of pollen floating around.

Cindy

Frenchy
October 25th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I'm glad the boys are ok :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
October 25th, 2008, 08:41 PM
So it's not just that Baxter has floofier hair? He really is that much bigger :D

Great vet report! Nice to hear that your vet has taken the time to educate himself a little about diet, too! :thumbs up

I didn't realize that Baxter had such bad allergies, poor dear :grouphug: Ember has seasonal allergies, too--make his eyes water and his chin itch...but it's mild enough that Benadryl does a pretty good job for him.

Love4himies
October 25th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Nice to hear that their vet visits went well today :thumbs up. Poor Baxter with his allergies :sad:, must be torture having the itchies.:grouphug: