Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Animals And christmas- Am i the only weird one?

babymomma
October 23rd, 2008, 08:21 PM
This year will be my first christmas with a pet, And I am the type of person that goes "All out" For christmas ,I love buying gifts for people, I have $300 saved up to buy gifts for my both my Nans, my parents and my brother And of course, keely. I would like to know what everybody does for there pets at christmas. I was to buy Lots of gifts, But i dont know if its weird to wrap them (I think keely would really enjoy ripping up paper) Do you make special dog cookies when you do your christmas baking? Do you Have decorations with your pets name on it hung on the tree? (I already have a few for keely:o) I know it may be harder for some of you to buy things like this for your animals because you have so many, that arent even yours in some cases. What weird things do you do for your pet? I plan on spending Aprox. $70-$100 on keely .. Am i tottaly crazy? i mean, I think of her as my baby, and people buy gifts for their children, right?!

Okay okay, Yep, im crazy!:eek::o:D:laughing:

babymomma
October 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
BTW- Im asking so early because we are going christmas shopping next weeknd in St.johns! lol I also plan on putting together a Christmas gift basket for the Spca, One for the cats and one fr the dogs.

aslan
October 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
nope you're not crazy all of our babies not only get wrapped x-mas gifts but they all have their own stockings with their names on them. even their nanna's buy them presents.

babymomma
October 23rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
nope you're not crazy all of our babies not only get wrapped x-mas gifts but they all have their own stockings with their names on them. even their nanna's buy them presents.

Oh thank goodness! Im not Crazzy! I went to a craft show a few weeks ago and bought a "Puppies first christmas" Stocking! I was soo excited when i saw it! :D

aslan
October 23rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
the boys get new collars and leashes plus massive amounts of toys and treats in their stockings, then the presents are stuff like cuz's, new stuffies, quincy got a rawhid bone last year that was just huge, i ended up having to take a circular saw to it. nanna P always buys bailey a new sweater, and quincy gets something special. Nanna G also buys them treats and a second stocking. This will be bishops first christmas too.:D

babymomma
October 23rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Aww , I bet they know Christmas is a special time:cloud9: My Aunts, uncles cousins and 1 of my grandmas have already said they will be buying a special gift for keely. And my mom and dad will probably buy more than me for her...lol:o:p My great grandfather said he would get her something special fro christmas, buut he passed away on friday:sad: (I dont wana sound like thats the only reason im sad he passed away, but i just thought about what he said when i was thinking about my family giving keely gifts)

R.I.P Grandpa Sam:sad:

aslan
October 23rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
sorry to hear about your grampa... omg, quincy is retarded at christmas i swear he knew their was stuff under the tree for him, evil little creature.

happycats
October 23rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
I am also excited about Buddy's first Christmas!!! I bought him a santa hat and collar today :o

I want to get him a stocking as well as wrap up some nice smelling treats so he can unwrap them! So no your not crazy.....or if you are then I am too :crazy:

MommaKat
October 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
When you make your donation to the SPCA you should put "From Keely" on it :lovestruck: :laughing:

Maggie will get a Turkey dinner,and 2 new beds (hers are a little raggedy) and probably another Cuz toy . The Cat's, I'll probably pick them out a new toy each or a new treat. All of them will get new bowls and collars .

:D

Frenchy
October 23rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
I also plan on putting together a Christmas gift basket for the Spca, One for the cats and one fr the dogs.

ahhh that is so nice of you babymomma !

For me and my gang , it always depends on my finances ....

aslan
October 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
ahhh that is so nice of you babymomma !

For me and my gang , it always depends on my finances ....

muaaaah fundraising idea:lightbulb:

kathryn
October 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
I spent over 100$ last year on presents for my cats for Christmas... They deserved it though :lovestruck: I bought them some expensive stuff though, like Frontline, medication/supplements and food.

http://a165.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/42/l_a1ab7ba39d23f50c95e1f9a71e7cb654.jpg

that's not even half the stuff they got last year :rolleyes:

Frenchy
October 23rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
muaaaah fundraising idea:lightbulb:

no no no , now you stop it now !!! http://bestsmileys.com/nono/6.gif

LP and FG already bought them toys this year and I did too , + all the stuffies they got from 14+ !! :eek: there's so many toys and stuffies here , I should get more dogs to play with them :laughing:

no no , I'm not getting more dogs :cool:

aslan
October 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
:lightbulb: a puppy for christmas, wooohoo..and i can buy my little fur friends anything i want, nananabooboo.

Frenchy
October 23rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
:laughing:

BusterKitty
October 24th, 2008, 05:09 PM
When it was my friend's cat's birthday, I didn't have time to go to any pet stores so I sat down for an hour and braided twine and tied on a few beads(securely) and a ring from a bottle. Compared to me(braiding for an hour!), you're far from crazy:D

Smiley14
October 24th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Well, if that makes you crazy, at least you're in good company! :laughing:

Here's P&B's Christmas last year:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=47836&highlight=petey+christmas

I'm already planning this year's presents. :o

ancientgirl
October 24th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Not crazy. Last year I had stockings for my gang, filled with treats and toys. they loved them. This year I've got to buy one more!:D

babymomma
October 25th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks for sharing guys! It is very nice to know i am NOT crazy!! ..lol.. I went to a new pet store today and bought a few christmas gifts! :) (Oh and this new pet store carries 2 kinds of food. WELLNESS AND ROYAL CANINE! IO was sooo excited because i couldnt get wellness around here until this new store opened up! Im going to finish up her Hollistic select stuff and then buy her some wellness ,Shes been eating all canned food for a while now, but i think im going to switch her to wellness kible and wet, Because of the price of cans:eek:)

Accually, going to go start a thread about food now:)

CClover
October 25th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Crazy??? I don't think so!
I'm on another board (specific breed) And we play Secret Santa!:laughing:
Buying stuff for someone else dogs...
I love your idea to give something to the shelter....
Bébé last year (first Christmas)

totallyhip
October 26th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Oh my those pictures are so adorable!

We have stockings that we hang on the fireplace and each dog has their names on them! We buy gifts and wrap them for the dogs too! Its the best part of Christmas watching the dogs rip open the paper and drag ribbon everywhere :)

ancientgirl
October 26th, 2008, 10:23 AM
That's a great picture CC.

I think they know the presents are something special for them. And I think they love being included.

Soter
October 26th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Wow, donation gift baskets for all poor kitties and poochies for christmas at SPCA, what a fab idea! They are just so luuuccckkkyy! Truly great idea!!

When I get my dog (hopefully in the new year) then i will save up all year to get him/her loads of great things.... toys, shampoo, brush, blankets and wrap them all up so he/she can rip it off again:crazy:

I love Christmas! I'm so excited!!!!

krdahmer
October 26th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I get my guys gifts every year... but they always seem to prefer the tissue it's wrapped in! :rolleyes::laughing: That's :cat: for ya! :D

I may get them all new tags this year, because they already got new collars.

And I love the donation basket idea, you could put food, treats, toys, blankets, and a donation all in a pet bed! Thanks for the idea... think I know what I'm doing this year.