Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Talking parrots - Soochie and PJ

Brandykins
October 22nd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Hope this link works. It is my two parrots, Soochie (African Grey) and PJ (Panama Amazon). Soochie is a right wee blether - hope you understand her Scottish accent:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IieaPPO3stg

rainbow
October 23rd, 2008, 02:40 AM
I sat here with a smile on my face for the whole 10 minutes. :D Soochie and PJ are too funny and certainly alot more entertaining than the television. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
October 23rd, 2008, 03:39 AM
:laughing: I put my laptop on the floor & my cat came over laid down infront of it & watched & listened the whole time, she even pawed at the screen :laughing:

"what's wrong with you" :laugh:

Brandykins
October 23rd, 2008, 06:06 AM
Aw I am glad, Rainbow and Growler, that you enjoyed the wee video of them - cat as wel!

Soochie has a Glasgow accent - just like me:)

Many thanks and take care:)

Rainy
October 23rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
Your African Grey is a riot!!!!!A naughty,:evil:potty mouth too!I love them!!!!

Brandykins
October 23rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
Och Soochie picks up on everything!! I never had to train her to speak! She just started. She listens to everything and all the naughty words she loves!! She is a wee scream!! PJ is the lady of the two!! Looks down her beak at Soochie!! Soochie torments Loki by asking her if she wants to play ball and poor Loki sometimes goes and takes her ball up to Soochie!!

Many thanks and glad you liked them:)

Take care.

Smiley14
October 23rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Oh, that is really cool!! They are SO pretty!!! And talented! :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
October 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Your African Grey is a riot!!!!!A naughty,:evil:potty mouth too!I love them!!!!

:laughing: it was pretty darn funny :laughing: funny how Soochie directs most of it at PJ too :laughing:

Soochie torments Loki by asking her if she wants to play ball and poor Loki sometimes goes and takes her ball up to Soochie!!

awww too cute :cloud9: poor disappointed Loki though :grouphug:

rainbow
October 23rd, 2008, 04:31 PM
Soochie has a Glasgow accent - just like me:)

I love the Glasgow accent :cloud9: ....it reminds me of my Grandma. :candle:

:laughing: it was pretty darn funny :laughing: funny how Soochie directs most of it at PJ too :laughing:

I also noticed that ......too cute. :D

Brandykins
October 24th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Many thanks Smiley14:) Oh Soochie never shuts up!! Sings as well, "Rose, Rose ah luv ye" amongst others, she can count up to 6 and say some nursery poems as well!! Talks just like me:)

Again, thank you:)

Hello Growler:)

Och poor wee PJ and Soochie don't get on well and Soochie gives her a wee row when she hears PJ screaming "Rose" when I go into the kitchenette!! She wants toast!! Soochie ends up telling her to shut up!!

Loki gets confused poor wee soul!! Talking parrots are beyond her!!

Many thanks and take care:)

Och I am glad that ye like the Glasgow accent, Rainbow:) That's my accent - I come from Govan, Glasgow, and although have been away from there and stay in Renfrewshire now, I am still very much a Glaswegian!!!

Your Grandma - did she come from Glasgow? Love City it is and I am so proud of being a Glaswegian (a Govanite as well:))

Take care.

Many thanks everyone for your lovely comments:)

aslan
October 24th, 2008, 11:33 AM
lol, omg that's just too funny, i love the accent sounds like my mom. My neighbours have an african grey, you'll hear her calling the one dog," taz, taz' the dog will go into the room and the bird screams " get out"..:D

pbpatti
October 24th, 2008, 01:18 PM
oh brandykins I just loved the "film" of your featherbabies, my Sasha was only interested when Soochie was whistling, I got a great giggle from it. pbp

dogcatharmony
October 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM
That was hilarious. I would be laughing all day.

I have to say that I don't know much about birds, but recently I got to meet a lady that does bird rescue in my city. She has 20 some birds right now, and I got to meet every single one of them and I was blown away at the different personality each one had. They really are amazing.

And I thought you would get a laugh out of this, this is what happened when I turned up the volume and watched your lovely birds.

Brandykins
October 27th, 2008, 02:15 PM
lol, omg that's just too funny, i love the accent sounds like my mom. My neighbours have an african grey, you'll hear her calling the one dog," taz, taz' the dog will go into the room and the bird screams " get out"..:D

Hello Aslan:) Soochie is a right wee blether!! Got to watch what I say in front of her:) Poor PJ suffers in silence:) That must be fun and games for poor Taz!! The greys do copy accents and will probably sound like your neighbours calling Taz!! Good one!!

oh brandykins I just loved the "film" of your featherbabies, my Sasha was only interested when Soochie was whistling, I got a great giggle from it. pbp

Hello PBPatti:) I am glad you liked the wee film - they are fun and I never feel alone with them:)

That was hilarious. I would be laughing all day.

I have to say that I don't know much about birds, but recently I got to meet a lady that does bird rescue in my city. She has 20 some birds right now, and I got to meet every single one of them and I was blown away at the different personality each one had. They really are amazing.

And I thought you would get a laugh out of this, this is what happened when I turned up the volume and watched your lovely birds.

Hello Dogcatharmony:) I loved that pic!! It was so funny to see that beautiful dog watching the vid clip!! Och Soochie is the "outgoing" one and PJ is more "reserved" - except when people come in, then it is PJ who says hello and Soochie takes a minute or two to say anything!! She pretends to be oh so shy!!

Poor Loki never knows whether she is listening to me, or Soochie!!

Many thanks everyone for all your lovely comments:)

Take care:)